MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amidst all this "beasting" over the new collection Denimaniac drops an pretty interesting interview with MF himself, go!

Thanks for the read, cotton. I'm a little surprised that Christophe hasn't been to SE yet.

My favorite quote: "I’m sure that, should the option presents itself, [women would] rather go out with Brando or McQueen than Boy George…" :)

Yeah, the choice for broads is pretty easy when you put it that way, but what about Brando and McQueen vs. like the lead singer dude from "the killers." It starts to become pretty hazy for many chicks especially in these days.

I did like the interview and I especially like Christophe's disdain for the fashion industry in general. This is reassuring for me and reaffirms my idea that he is a trendsetter (in the sense that trends don't necessarily guide him) rather than follower. As a designer I don't like some of his "pieces" but i can respect his work as being artistic, somewhat functional, and almost completely original.

True, but I think I'd always try for McQueen/Brando regardless... albeit a skinny-ass version of them.

Yeah, it was interesting to see that Christophe really doesn't pay attention to anything other than what he has going on. I don't like every piece he creates either, but I can so appreciate the fact that Christophe commits so much to what he creates. That, in my opinion, is a mark of a true craftsman.

To be honest, I don't think I've found any clothing, other than actual technical gear, that is more functional than MF. That's part of why I like it so much.

I can't seem to read the article.. it's tiny... ?

I have to admit some of his pieces have grown on me. His prices have not.

And both McQueen and Brando dressed modern to their times...

And is it an 1950's Brando or the 1980 Brando?

Yeah, the choice for broads is pretty easy when you put it that way, but what about Brando and McQueen vs. like the lead singer dude from "the killers." It starts to become pretty hazy for many chicks especially in these days.

mash 'em together, you get james dean.

You know, there is definitely a benefit of dying young. Your image lives on forever, whereas Brando still has to deal with his fat years. But I definitely think that broads would go for dean over mcqueen and brando.

Soaked my vest last night and was happy with the results. I decided to not do a hot soak because I was concerned about the length shrinking too much. The water was about 80-90F, which took about 2" off the total chest, 1.5" off the back length, and about 0.5" off the front length. I thought this was perfect, since I was most concerned about the front length. I soaked it for about 15 minutes, but it seemed like it stopped shrinking after the first 5 minutes (I check it every few minutes with a tape measure). Final measurements were 20" pit to pit, 26" back length, and 22.5" front length (where the collar lining hits the placket, down) on the Large. Again, I soaked and hang dried it with the collar up to get a nice roll.

In the end, I was very happy with the fit. Length is just right, and there is still just enough room in the body to wear a sweater underneath when it gets colder out. The vest is still pretty stiff, and I'm looking forward to it softening up over the next few wears.

Not too long, not too short

4014772230_00a0ca8cb6_o.jpg

4014772280_6be29e5d81_o.jpg

Gave it a little cinch in back

4014773642_697eaab0f4_o.jpg

Time to relax

4014772170_b16f8afaa5_o.jpg

something about guy cleaning his nails with a fixed blade 6" knife wearing a watch cap sitting next to stuffed unicorns that makes me nervous....

the fit looks perfect by the way...

Wow, I must have a long torso. The L vest comes up just above my belt and I am 5'11". I believe you are also wearing your pants higher waisted than I do.

zissou looks perfect on you man!

Thanks! It was so nice on the chilly walk in.

something about guy cleaning his nails with a fixed blade 6" knife wearing a watch cap sitting next to stuffed unicorns that makes me nervous....

the fit looks perfect by the way...

Relax, man, they are just the standard non-magical ponies. And thanks :)

Wow, I must have a long torso. The L vest comes up just above my belt and I am 5'11". I believe you are also wearing your pants higher waisted than I do.

Did you soak yours in hot water? Mine didn't shrink nearly as much as some others I've seen here. Yeah, the front rise on my jeans is 12". My belt will show with my other jeans, which is fine. My torso is fairly long as well- I'm 6'2".

thanks, vamks, ThisSunday, and therelativity.

The pants are Nom de Guerre utility jeans (khaki Japanese selvage denim), which have gotten a lot of wear this summer. I'm just now starting to get some fading on them. They are pretty lightweight, and it's already starting to get too cold for them.

rel- I would love to pick up a pair of the upcoming SEXT11 jungle cloth pants. I think you're right in that they'll be perfect for fall/winter.

Yeah, I like them, but I'd also like to see the SE jeans. How comfortable are the MF trousers with the thigh patches?

Not cuffing the jungle cloth would be ok with me. I usually need at least 33" inseam, and the SEXT11 will have 36". MF inseams are usually fine for me.

Does anyone think that throwing my size 42 (Large) Mister Freedom Denim Pea Coat Liberty Issue in the washing machine for a boiling hot soak would ruin the wool lining? Its only 90% wool. I thought I had really shrunken it up.

I'm just getting desperate. My size 40 (Medium) original issue is very fitted and I bet it could still shrink. So I would assume that same size in the Liberty Issue would be unwearable for me.

Possibly destroy coat to see if I can shrink it? Or just go through with selling it and wish that I could be wearing a Liberty Issue.

*SIGH*