MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

The good thing about Mr. Freedom at J. Crew is that J. Crew will not sell out of the expensive items if they haven't already. Then little ole me can head down to the outlets and pick them up for cheap!

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I guess I was thinking of the Liberty Issue Pea Coat. Thanks for clearing that up. What is the difference between the two?

Liberty Issue

"The coat is fully lined with a naval wool blanket type (the story goes that, for the lining, our sailor used a blanket issued to sailors on board of the USS MFSC), dark navy blue with a white horizontal woven stripe, chain-stitched embroidered with the ship name.

Embroidered silk type mermaid patches are sewn inside the front flaps of the MFSC Pea Coat and concealed rainbow color chainstitch are only visible on the inside lining"

The good thing about Mr. Freedom at J. Crew is that J. Crew will not sell out of the expensive items if they haven't already. Then little ole me can head down to the outlets and pick them up for cheap!

I got a feeling that if they have any left it will be re-called back to LA, rather than sent to a outlet store. I may be wrong.

They're actually Banana Republic raw Japanese selvage (slim straight) from a couple years ago. They have about 8-9 months total on them, and 2 washes. Not the greatest denim by any means, but my first shot at raw.

my dungarees are currently soaking my shower stall in dark blue as they dry. I gave them a hot soak (meaning: hottest water available from the shower head plus additional loads of near boiling water from the stovetop.) I was going to only go with a cold soak, but they were definitely a bit big in all dimensions, especially around the lap and waist. I figured I'd try to get as much shrinking out of the way as possible.

just as a reference, here is a pre-soak set of measurements. I'll update this post later with post-soak numbers once they're fully dry...

tagged size: 36"

waist: 18.25"

length: 34.25"

leg opening: 10"

thigh: 14"

knee: 10.75"

front rise: 12.5"

back rise: 15.75"

POST SOAK MEASUREMENTS:

waist: 18"

length: 32.25"

leg opening: 9.75"

thigh: 13"

knee: 10.35"

front rise: 12"

back rise: 15.25

I probably could have gone with a 34, and perhaps I should have. But I really was after a slightly wider cut, true "dungaree" fit as I plan on using these as work pants once I've worn them in for a bit. Specifically they will be replacing my current pair of black duck Carhartts once the time comes and I was going for a similar, relaxed fit. Especially seeing as both carhartts and the dungarees are sans-back yoke, I'm optimistic... updates to follow.

update: they are all dried and I think I made the right choice going with a 36. I could definitely have gone with a 34, and maybe it still would have been loose enough, but I think a 36 is going to be fine considering what I'm planning on using these for. Also, I have a strong suspicion that there is actually a good bit more shrinking that's possible once I've beat these up a bit and they get tossed in a boiling soak/hot wash in the machine + dryer. pics when I get a chance...

Word from Secret Forts is that there is a J CrewxMFSCxSaint James collab in the works for next year. I'm, willing to bet it's Saint James supplying some of their boat neck striped shirts, Christophe adding some cool stenciling, and J Crew simply selling them.

Anyone interested in a sz m cpo?

Sad to do it but I don't see myself wearing it enough cause it's just too warn for the climate here in Florida.

The shirt has only been worn 3 times and is in perfect shape. Paid $400 from mf and it's probably the last size medium to be purchased new anywhere.

I'm glad I did buy it though cause it's got me hooked on mf now but I now want to sell so I can buy some pieces that'll get more wear.

Guest patchmb

Received my riders dungaree's last night in w34. Forgot to measure them before a quick hot soak & wash at 40 degrees in the machine. I have worn them for an hour since they dried & the measurements are

W 36"

Rise 11"

Thigh 13"

Knee 10"

Hem 9"

Inseam 32 1/2"

lol..I wear the vest every other day - believe me - it takes a whole lot longer to fade top garments...anyhow - since we skipped fall and went straight to winter temperatures I don´t get a chance to wear it as planned with just a t - so I´m waiting for spring....

My vest has only gotten what I'd call "light wear", despite wearing it pretty frequently..... I think vests, as opposed to full shirts, have fewer area's that rub with body movement, and hence... slower fading. I'll get some pics up of all my crap one of these days

Received my riders dungaree's last night in w34. Forgot to measure them before a quick hot soak & wash at 40 degrees in the machine. I have worn them for an hour since they dried & the measurements are

W 36"

Rise 11"

Thigh 13"

Knee 10"

Hem 9"

Inseam 32 1/2"

how are you liking them? i love mine so much, now to somehow get some cash to get some 7161mds...