MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No joke - why even bother with the tag on the inside...

You know, I'm not as turned off by the back branding as a lot of you guys are.... I think there's good historical precedent for riders wearing their affiliations proudly on their backs everywhere they went. And if there was ever a clothing brand that garnered a small, dedicated, and tight knit group of followers, it would be Mister Freedom... I look at it more as an homage to that aesthetic, not as a blatant branding attempt.

Thoughts?

I see what you're saying Bill. I'm not totally against the branding now that I think about it. Its not as bad as I originally thought.

I also agree somewhat with the whole thing about riders wearing their club logo, and the Bronco Champ jacket maybe being a homage to that aesthetic. But there is a huge disconnect here... it's different. You can't buy a jacket with HA or Mongols patches on the back...You have to earn it. For the MF jacket, all you gotta do is bust out your credit card.

Good fit mark, you didn't call me last weekend :( and bill, thas the way I feel about that jacket, I feel that mf is like a club of some sort, you either get it or you don't, and even if you "get it" you still have to be baller status to cop, so yeah it is a small club. Plus on a branding aspect, I'm not gonna pretend like I don't fucking beast over mf, and in that fact I'd be proud to rock those colors.

And bill if you're trying to buy the full out racer from MF we may have to throw fisticuffs for it, I know they're only getting one 42.

<snip>

You can't buy a jacket with HA or Mongols patches on the back...You have to earn it. For the MF jacket, all you gotta do is bust out your credit card.

You couldn't pay me enough to wear that down here. Either you'd get ridiculed at redlights or beat the hell up in bars. Not a fucking chance, lol. I think I'd pay to see someone wear it all day and all night riding around here. Cool jacket but FFS take that shit off the back :( It'll get someone killed. I've read about even Ton Up guys getting harrassed big time even with Ton Up shirts/rockers... it's all fun until some moron takes offense.

Shirt looks nice Markmont. Did you get it from Hinoya? Very clean look.

You couldn't pay me enough to wear that down here. Either you'd get ridiculed at redlights or beat the hell up in bars. Not a fucking chance, lol. I think I'd pay to see someone wear it all day and all night riding around here. Cool jacket but FFS take that shit off the back :( It'll get someone killed. I've read about even Ton Up guys getting harrassed big time even with Ton Up shirts/rockers... it's all fun until some moron takes offense.

It is available without the back patch. But fuck what anyone says man I'm doing the patches.

Now that everybody is weighing in on the patches...

I personally like the patches on the back of the leather jacket but i would never been caught outside of the house wearing that jacket with the patches. I would only wear patches for a real club which i was a member of.

So in the end, i like it, but i would never wear it.

I have two jackets which i own and bought knowing i'd never be able to leave the house wearing, one has too many Nazi overtones (Whitesville) and the other is a motorcycle club jacket which i thought was cool so i bought it (vintage).

sons of anarchy is a television show.

IF i had the money...

IF i didn't have stuff i wanted more...

...like a HOUSE...

i'd jump that.

Not only is Sons of Anarchy a TV show, a marathon of it is the best way to spend a sunday hung over. Shit is so over the top, I love it, like 21oz Samurais

Like Kiya, I like the look of the jacket, but the fact that it is branding is what gets me about it. I could never wear that out. Without the patch, stars and the price tag, I could go for it. The design of the jacket with the D pocket is great and I am sure it will look great on a skinny dude such as myself, but the patch is a no go.

I think we have already been around this mountain before, though.

sons of anarchy is a television show.

Lol, whatever... I doubt anyone who buy a MF jacket would be anywhere anyone would take offense. There are a lot of stupid bikers here in Florida just looking for reasons to stomp someone... make fun all you want, just giving my opinion. First time I sat at a bar and about 10 Mongols walked in kinda makes you sit a little straighter even for no good reason, but whatever smartass.

Maybe Kiya can weigh in on what Sonny Barger thinks of the jacket seeing as how he is the poster boy for Self Edge these days.

http://www.amazon.com/Sugar-Whitesville-Letterman-stadium-CANE2850/dp/B0026CHB4S/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1256786480&sr=1-7

this one? Isn't too offensive, but would get some weird looks. My main problem wearing clothes that are heavily branded or that have some obscure reference is the awkward "well, what does that mean?" conversations.

The mf jacket doesn't say mc anywhere on it... At the bottom it says S/C like a normal jacket would say M/C but that's for sugarcane...

I was replying to Dead_Wizard's post below mine in conjunction with the rest of the posts. Calm down. Always needing to correct someone right away. Calm down, Jesus

Kiya I wanna see fit pics of that whitesville jacket, I remember te heated discussion over it on selectism or highsnob or whatever site that was hahaha

DSCN2610.jpg

DSCN2613.jpg

DSCN2614.jpg

here's some fit pictures of that Whitesville jacket. I removed the iron cross patch just because I got sick of explaining it to people and without it it still has an aggressive feel to it and I think it balances out nicely. The quality is amazing with the horsehide sleeves, the knit cuffs and neck are beautiful.

You know, I'm not as turned off by the back branding as a lot of you guys are.... I think there's good historical precedent for riders wearing their affiliations proudly on their backs everywhere they went. And if there was ever a clothing brand that garnered a small, dedicated, and tight knit group of followers, it would be Mister Freedom... I look at it more as an homage to that aesthetic, not as a blatant branding attempt.

Thoughts?

Ya, I don't think they were necessarily trying to raise their brand awareness by increasing visibility on their clothes. But then again, we don't live in a vacuum just because we wear historical clothing and branding on clothing items wasn't as ubiquitous then as it is today. The jacket looks really cool(love those pockets) and most people probably wouldn't immediately recognize mister freedom as a brand in the first place but there is still the stigma that goes along with large patches on clothing items as being very common among mass produced/global brands - the type of clothes most MF fans normally would avoid(which seems like a bit of a conflict of interest). Ultimately it comes down to a matter of taste, and it's definitely not my style. Without it though, it would be a nice jacket and probably would age really well.

I didn't even think about bikers taking exception to the patches but anyone who is going to pick on you for your jacket is going to pick on you regardless of what your wearing. Stop looking like a punk and you'll be fine.

Why would you wear anything that says MC when you are not in a motorcycle club. Its even more whack when people wear fake looking MC inspired clothing. I totally understand the nod to our past and what not but wearing that stuff is not cool or safe!

Actually, I'm pretty sure that most MC's don't have a problem with a "civilian" wearing a t-shirt that advertises or supports a particular MC. The do have a HUGE problem with you putting it on a jacket or painting it on a motorcycle.