MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

hmm, it depends on how much you need the money. I'd be tempted just to sell it and wear a wool sweater under your other MF peacoat. If you do try to shrink it anymore, I recommend soaking it rather than washing it. I really don't think the wool will shrink at all, so you'll probably have it hanging out the back and getting all bunched up everywhere inside.

Yeah, I think you should sell it.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contact the MF store and see what they think will happen to the wool lining. Have you not soaked it yet? If you have soaked it then I doubt you will get much more shrinkage.

therelativity- from the side they look good, but a bit too baggy from the front. They are supposed to shrink 5-7%, though, so maybe that would take up the extra. I'm surprised that they are baggy. I thought they were supposed to generally be slimmer through the leg? As far as if you actually need them, given your other MF pants/jeans.... that's up to you. I think your others fit you much better.

I tried on the jeans at Self edge last tuesday and Indeed they almost seem baggier than the 7161. It really is a style, and a hell of one to pull off, props to those who can wear a style that unconventional (yet functional). I personally looked like I was shopping for a Halloween costume.

I actually think after a hot soak those will fit you well.. keep em.

Mister Freedom * Speed-Safe Clothing for Modern Riders * 1ST GEAR

Mister Freedom, never one to disappoint with a compelling story-line or garment line, has moved on this season from the naval theme to clothing inspired by 1930's to 1960's motorcycle gear.

With the "Speed-Safe Clothing for Modern Riders" collection Mister Freedom delves deep into the vaults of lost designs and modifies them to today's needs of riders and non-riders of two wheeled motorized vehicles. Fully functional in every way and designed beyond what you'd expect from a small line made in Japan by those obsessed with the years past of garment manufacturing. Every piece is manufactured by Toyo Enterprises (Sugar Cane) with the utmost attention to detail, just as you'd expect from anything produced by Toyo and overseen by Mister Freedom himself, Christophe Loiron.

With the collection in first gear we bring you four pieces. A pair of Rider's Dungarees made of a beautiful left hand twill denim, a Mechanic's Shirt made of a indigo salt & pepper fabric similar to a medium weight chambray, a Mechanic's Sweatshirt available in three colors with great detailing and fabric that has to be felt in person to be fully understood, and last but not least a Denim Rider's Cap which is exclusive to Self Edge San Francisco outside of Japan.

As with all Mister Freedom collections these are made in extremely small runs and will not be available for long, so needless to say, if you want anything, do not wait. We'll be shifting into second gear in early November with a Horsehide Jacket and a Mulholland Master Jacket, and some other special surprises to come in a few months from now.

Check the online store for more images.

All these items are now available at SESF, SENY, and in our online store. The Denim Rider's Cap is only available at Self Edge San Francisco. Check the online store product pages for hi-res images, measurements, and far more specs than you probably need for a garment:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=74

Rider's Dungarees

mf_dungarees_01_web.jpg

mf_dungarees_02_web.jpg

mf_dungarees_03_web.jpg

mf_dungarees_04_web.jpg

Mechanic's Sweatshirt

mf_crewneck_01_web.jpg

mf_crewneck_05_web.jpg

mf_crewneck_08_web.jpg

Mechanic's Shirt

mf_mechanics_shirt_01_web.jpg

mf_mechanics_shirt_06_web.jpg

that hat kills me... really?

I think it's the flaps on it that makes me laugh. Maybe if you tuck in the flap inside the hat.

Sorry to go on as I know you guys love this stuff. But he can make a great looking shirt like the mechanics shirt or sweatshirt and then make a ridiculous item like that hat in denim?

And it's not the hat style that gets me. I own and wear a B2 Cap, it's that it's just not practical.

My old lady gave me shit when I wore an indigo chambray shirt, MF vest, and some jeans. Too much blue she said. I feel like I can't wear a blue shirt with the vest and jeans. I need a little contrast. Looks fine on you.

My old lady gave me shit when I wore an indigo chambray shirt, MF vest, and some jeans. Too much blue she said. I feel like I can't wear a blue shirt with the vest and jeans. I need a little contrast. Looks fine on you.

I get the same from mine... "you can't wear denim with denim...?"

I think denim on denim works well if you're thoughtfull about it. Its a great blank canvas for accesssories.... You need a caramel colored belt, a red bandana, a crisp white oxford, and a brown cotton canvas jacket and you're set

^^^^ No doubt. A little bit of contrast pulls it all together.

Thank you very much for all your comments and pms.

I counted your vote: 17 positive, and 3 neutral - just gave them a hot soak. Lets see how much they are going to shrink. Pray....

Thanks again!

They're gonna fit you great after a hot soak I think. Okinawa fabrics will continue to shrink for a few soakings too. And once they crease up a bit, some more of that negative space will be dealt with..... Who'm I tellin? You know the drill

What I do is not wear the exact color denim.

If I have rawish jeans I don't wear a dark blue denim shirt or jacket, I'll go more faded. Just make sure you don't look like you're wearing a denim jumpsuit.

I don't know about the red bandana thing? Do you wear that around your neck like an ascot?

What I do is not wear the exact color denim.

If I have rawish jeans I don't wear a dark blue denim shirt or jacket, I'll go more faded. Just make sure you don't look like you're wearing a denim jumpsuit.

I don't know about the red bandana thing? Do you wear that around your neck like an ascot?

I think Raw denim on raw denim works well, provided your shoes are more weathered. This way you don't look like you just walked out of a 1930's hardware store with a fresh outfit.

The bandana: in your back pocket or as a pocket square are the easiest and classiest ways to add alittle accent color.