Denime

23 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

You answered your own question with the last post :D

Yes they will be in constant production. IMO, they should name them Lot.220B, 220C and so on ;)

and yes, the 224 should be a tad slimmer than the 221

It’s a good thing if production is constant. I was wondering what the “a” in lot 220a meant. It’s curious, there isn’t another indicator on lot 221. Just an “N510D”, do you know what that corresponds to? Are you going to order the 224? I wonder if the size will be true to the 220 or 221. I have the model 66 from the original line (30th) and it is smaller than my 221 (my 221 is a W32 and my 66 a W33).

Yeah I have no idea if they have a deeper meaning. For old Denime XX (and 66XX) you had 1 or 2 letters and the number and they somehow resemble the batch when the jeans were made. That's why I said it would have been a nice touch to call all pairs made in 2023 "Lot.220A" and a new letter for each year. So you could date them as smarter persons than me can date old Denime jeans. Maybe they will do it but I doubt it.

About the N510D I am as curious as you.

I will certainly get a 224, in fact I have a pair reserved. I will probably take a W34 to be safe even if they run bigger and shrink less like the 221.

On 11/21/2023 at 6:29 AM, blooming said:

Yeah. Interesting cut. It’s very straight and somewhat roomy in the legs, but the top block is very narrow. I could button them raw, but if they shrink even 1cm they’ll be unwearable. Shame, the denim is really nice. 

Maybe this one will work better for you?! ;)

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/japan/en/auction/yahoo/input/g1115806727/

Seems like the 224 started to drop

https://www.rogues.co.jp/smartphone/detail.html?id=000000010908

In comparison to the 221 the rise seems to be the same. The thighs are slimmer but the leg opening wider. We will see.

Edit: more size charts have been published. The 224 seem to have bigger thighs and a stronger taper than the 221. Also a lower rise.

6 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

size in waist looks bigger than 220/221. the other parts are OK, but proportion looks like waist is 1 size bigger than the other part of pants. I thought that denim should shrink less than previous 220/221 ?

edit : my post was aimed to this link https://www.rogues.co.jp/smartphone/detail.html?id=000000010908

Edited by vIGGiou riou

2 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

The measurements look indeed a bit weird. If the rise would be lower and thus the waist wider I could understand that but right now the cut looks strange on paper. 

agree... I will wait before to place order for first experience of super denim members...

looks like warehouse one size bigger of the size

Edited by vIGGiou riou

19 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

(Sniper bid placed)

Edit: cancelled- I think they may still be slightly small in the waist. Can't risk it a second time lol.

Edited by blooming

Le 26/11/2023 à 14:14, beautiful_FrEaK a déclaré :

Oui, je n'ai aucune idée s'ils ont une signification plus profonde. Pour le vieux Denime XX (et 66XX), vous aviez 1 ou 2 lettres et le numéro et ils ressemblent en quelque sorte au lot lorsque le jean a été fabriqué. C'est pourquoi j'ai dit qu'il aurait été agréable d'appeler toutes les paires faites en 2023 "Lot.220A" et une nouvelle lettre pour chaque année. Vous pourriez donc sortir avec eux comme des personnes plus intelligentes que moi, je peux sortir avec de vieux jeans Denime. Peut-être qu'ils le feront, mais j'en doute.

À propos du N510D, je suis aussi curieux que vous.

J'obaurai certainement un 224, en fait, j'ai une paire réservée. Je prendrai probablement un W34 pour être en sécurité, même s'ils sont plus gros et rétrécissent moins comme le 221.

I'll probably be tempted by the 224, I'm waiting for it to be available in L30. Oddly enough the L30 on my 221 corresponds to an L32.

On 9/19/2023 at 8:26 PM, JohnM said:

Here are some measurements for the 220 and 221 (size 36, warm water soaked, washed, and dried in the dryer for 30 minutes):

In order -- waist, front rise, back rise, thigh, knee, leg opening, inseam.

image.png.595bbd245b75b9b2b22f6b9bd730653d.png

So glad I checked a few pages back. The 221 looks like a better fit for my tastes. This 66 cut is ever so slightly slimmer in the leg though no?

Il y a 9 heures, beautiful_FrEaK a dit :

Je les lave la plupart du temps à l'envers jusqu'à ce qu'ils soient suffisamment décolorés et que le persillage ne devrait pas trop se produire, puis je passe du côté droit vers l'extérieur. Mon Denime 220 sera probablement lavé du côté droit la prochaine fois

@thank you for your reply :)

New member of the Denime gang. I'm tucking these away 'til Xmas so will put up pre/post wash pics in a few weeks. I normally go for sz 32 in warehouse, FC etc etc but have opted for a slightly oversized fit.20231205_233835.thumb.jpg.17bc04b012065dab6c5ff3927ba9b93a.jpg

Il y a 18 heures, beautiful_FrEaK a dit :

Je les lave la plupart du temps à l'envers jusqu'à ce qu'ils soient suffisamment décolorés et que le persillage ne devrait pas trop se produire, puis je passe du côté droit vers l'extérieur. Mon Denime 220 sera probablement lavé du côté droit la prochaine fois

Generally when they are raw, do you wash them straight away before wearing them? And you give them the second wash after approximately how many days? I washed my 221 hot directly after purchase and I have been wearing it every day for 6 weeks.

Since it's an unsanforized fabric, of course I wash and shrink them down directly before I start wearing them. The second wash varies and depends on how dirty he jeans are or if they want to shrink them further if I have the feeling the first wash wasn't suficient. No hard rules here for me.

Il y a 12 heures, beautiful_FrEaK a dit :

Comme il s'est un tissu non sanforisé, bien sûr, je les lave et les rétrécis directement avant de commencer à les porter. Le deuxième lavage varie et dépend de la saleté des jeans ou s'ils veulent les rétrécir davantage si j'ai le sentiment que le premier lavage n'était pas suffisant. Pas de règles strictes ici pour moi.

anyone check out the Denime 224 yet? i'm trying to decide between the Denime 221 and 224 in a 33W - but not getting consistent measuremnts from online retailers. for example:

- Bears Denime 224 in 33w: says 30cm/12'' thighs after one wash. Bears shows 224 as having larger thighs than Denime 221

- Hinoya Denime 224 in 33w: says 28cm/11.02'' thighs after one wash

For (too much) context: I feel relatively confident on my waist size (I usually get jeans around 82cm/32.34'' and they stretch to 85cm/33.84''.

However, i'm less sure on thighs - comfortable jeans on me are the Sugar Cane 1947 Type III tagged 32w (seems thigh around 28.409cm/11.22''. Also comfortable in the sugar Cane 1947 tagged 33w (seems to be a 29 inch thigh or around 11.81'') 

sorry for the overload of numbers, i've messed up jeans so many times - tried to get a hold of my measurements so can order online and have a decent fit. any advice appreciated on the Denime ones! i left this community for many years, and after many fails on sizing. i am quite happy with my current sugar canes (after messing up countless full counts, warehouse etc) - but after a pair of 60s and the Denime ones seem nice (i'm aware they're unlike the original 66xx but what can you do)

Edited by jsky808080

11 hours ago, blooming said:

Mine got delivered today, size 30. I’ll report back on measurements once I grab em from the mailroom. 

Don’t leave us all hanging Blooming!

6 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Judging from the size you posted in your Denime history thread, it seems I would need to look for a size 34 (newer Denime, size 36 looks best with shrinking). I’m assuming fairly similar shrinkage? Can internationals buy from Mercari Japan?

Can confirm that the waist measurement for lot 224 matches the size charts, size 30 was 81cm before wash, shrunk to about 77cm after a warm machine wash and air dry.

Thighs are about 30cm measured at the crotch seam post-wash. Really nice fit, glad I took a size down from my 220a and 221. I’ll post photos soon! My only reference for the fit of these is my Kyotos which are a size 32 but fit similarly.

Edited by blooming

Actually, compared to the Kyoto’s, the 224 have a slightly higher rise and are a little slimmer. The Kyoto’s have also been through the dryer, so they have shrunk more and I have a feeling these 224’s could shrink a little more in the waist.