Denime

Great detail pics Beautiful _Freak, congrats^^

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah bf-- I really like my pair, too. I'm getting ready to send the new66 off to Steven at Railcar to fix some of the busted areas... Hopefully by the time I get them back I'll have lost a little more weight. I've trimmed down 9 pounds so far. Oh, that's about 4.1kg for all you punks in Europa and elsewhere ;)

Yeah perfect fit bf like always. Would love to see them in better light

• 2 weeks later...

i just received some denimes from the supermarket that i'm very happy with (though it means i won't be able to join the ooe contest :/ )

there are not a lot of tags inside the jeans and i'm wondering if anyone can tell me what model they are. the denim feels very stiff and is great.

sorry for the bad pics, i'm not good with a camera. let me know if i can show anything else on them that would help to identify.

7213358256_68da81fd4c_z.jpg7213358508_f692e008b0_z.jpg7213357944_83213cf2ff_z.jpg

yeah i bought them on the supermarket. what is orizzonti era? there are hidden rivets (seen in the second pic) and i noticed the belt loop on the back is slanted, if that helps.

7215217194_0cfd4e91b0_z.jpg

coin pocket rivet

7215216666_db76e12dc4_z.jpg

hidden rivet

7215216818_0ce4722846_z.jpg

reverse side coin pocket rivet

7215216996_3b801fde54_z.jpg

button

i've never understood the fascination with denime denim. the contest produced some amazing pairs, but i find there is nothing particularly captivating about the denim.

is the change of ownership through the company's history what makes them valuable? why isn't there any appraisal of the age of warehouse, fullcount, flat head, etc.? surely those companies had eras when they produced their best product.

To me Denime denim is my favorite when it comes to 'real' denim.

I love my Samurai jeans but they are sometimes to gimmickly especially when I want a 'no frills pair of blue jeans'. Denime fills that spot perfectly for me.

The 'most authenti'c denim (to me) is produced by Denime, Warehouse and Fullcount but all these 3 differ in certain ways. As I also love Samurai denim, I love Denime denim for its more heavy and rigid feel compared to Warehouse or Fullcount.

I think the reason why Denime is praised, the Shins and Orizzonti produced jeans show great fades (as you said) but aren't easily available anymore. And you know.."the good old days"-feeling might also play a role.

I also own 2 pairs from the new owner and I love them...but it seems that I'm one of the few who like the new Denimes. Compared to FC and Warehouse, the new Denime are underrepresented.

Have you tried a pair of Denime yet?

Oh yeah! How could I forgot one of the Osaka5?

I also wanted to add, there 'must' be a reason why EVIS is also loved...maybe also because they are rare and represent the beginning of the repro fever. But are EVIS jeans really the best? It always have to do a lot with personal preference, take Maynard for example who loves SDA :)

i just like that they feel different from any other denim i have. i actually was hoping they were a little cooler since i was looking for that in the summer, so i'll probably be wearing warehouse when it's hotter...are full count or sda cooler feeling in summer?

i didn't realize that summer is not the best time to break in new denim...it's nice to have faded denim around!

Edited by akka225

Both fullcount and sda are a pretty tight weave but as fullcounts standard denim is lighter (13.75)

Than sda's (15) , i would say fullcounts are cooler

I allways remember my sda103 being quite sticky in the summer

i am currently wearing fc 1108's but as i live in belfast i wont be able to comment on them untill we get our 2 weeks of summer in july

• 1 month later...