Denime

On 4/14/2024 at 6:59 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

I’m surprised no-one has snapped up these W33 Kyotos for an attractive price. I can’t quite tell from the photos but they look nearly new.

After a long period of deliberation and remeasuring my slimmest pair (a modern day 501 that I still keep as reference and which is slimmer than the Kyotos), I finally scooped these up today. 

There aren't too many older pairs that pop up in both my waist and inseam (31/33, 31/34) so I figured that this was my chance. Worst case they will fill the 60s repro void in my closet

Nice! My Kyotos are actually 33x32 and fit almost exactly the same as my Resolute 710 33x33 aside from a shorter front and back rise. Those appear to have less wear than my pair did when I bought them, so you'll have fun fading them. 

Edited by blooming

No Boots, no Life is a professional 2nd hand shop. They have quite a lot of old Denime stuff around (for high prices). 

There used to be a pair of Kyotos in W40 being for sale for years. IIRC even with a buy it now option. Last week a bidding war started on them.
Moral of the story: there will always be the right time for the right item :D

Kyotos arrived today. They’re in even better condition than the photos suggested. They seem to have almost no wear - nice and hairy, very minimal roping and seam puckering, and blueberry in color. The patch still has the batwing too. I just wish that they had an extra inch in the rise. It’s been a bit since I have worn anything less than 11”. 

I will grab some fit and detail photos when I get the chance sometime in the next week or so.  

Here are the Kyoto fit pics. I don’t really gravitate towards these cuts at the moment, but the pattern on these is really well done. I still wish that the rise was a bit higher. These seem like  Resolute 710 through the legs and 711 in the rise.  Regardless I quite like them and I’ll probably get used to a lower rise again after wearing these for a bit. 

The more that I look at them, the less wear that I think they’ve had. I’d be surprised if they’ve been worn more than 10 times and washed more than 1 or 2 times. I promise to still grab some macro shots of the details and denim when I get some time and the lighting is better. 

IMG_6178.jpeg

IMG_6207.jpeg

IMG_6156.jpeg

@yung_flynn those Kyoto look great and a perfect hayashi-san style!
With the colour and everything they are really close to the Resolute 710. I never had a pair of Kyoto (would need a W36 in them) so I didn't know the rise is lower than on Resolute 710. Sp the lower rise combined with the slim fit makes them probably a no go for me. One pair to cross off the "need" list ;)

@blooming The 220A look perfect as well!

Some Mercari items:

Shins era 66XX in W34 in quite a good condition:
https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/japan/en/special/order/confirm/https%3A%2F%2Fjp.mercari.com%2Fitem%2Fm92968816353/13_1/

And a Sins era XX in W30 in perfect one-wash condition, good price
https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/japan/en/special/order/confirm/https%3A%2F%2Fjp.mercari.com%2Fitem%2Fm33729224263/13_1/

9 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I never had a pair of Kyoto (would need a W36 in them) so I didn't know the rise is lower than on Resolute 710. Sp the lower rise combined with the slim fit makes them probably a no go for me

To be fair, I measured the front rise of my pair and its about 27 cm out of the box for the size 33 with a 12" thigh at the crotch and 7.75" leg opening and probably stretched another 1 cm after wearing. The rise just feels and looks really low because my legs are very long. Still a pretty low rise by repro standards and lower than my general preference, but the overall pattern makes it work much better on me than other pants that I have tried with comparable rises