Stone Island Shadow Project

TEKsevenZERO

15 hours ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

Gone are the interesting cuts and materials then, giving way to your Nan's curtains!

when I first saw this jacket one of my first thoughts was this scene from enchanted 

2b1cc48763286251a992949e61d1fa01.jpg

seen a couple of knits but there's nothing different or special about them to warrant posting here.

Edited by scamster

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

Shoot me down but I actually liked some items there.

haha bang!

in all seriousness it isn't as bad as i feared, overall I'm not a fan and doubt i'll buy anything but it is interesting, you can see shadow project being taken into a different direction and i'm ok with the change, evolution is a good thing, it's at the chrysalis stage so hopefully it'll get better. chapter 2 definitely has the stand out pieces especially the moth eaten distressed fleece. sadly you could easily swap the black compass badge for the mainline one on most items and none would be the wiser.

it's funny they didn't showcase the nancore insulator in the video or lookbook.

at first i was like - meh - kind of boring but tbh a lot of pieces are growing on me. definitely a change and a lot more toned-down pieces than before but that is what i like about it. its a lot less "techwear" vs. more "menswear" (probably the reason a lot of you are saying its more "mainline" SI). the lookbook also gives a different perspective vs. looking at the items for themselves in the shop.

The hairy top is actually a cardigan(?) With a shawl collar scarf layered over it. 

I agree that it looks sick. I honestly like this collection. Perhaps we've become accustomed to the garish bits in recent collections but most of these pieces, if not all, are actually wearable on a day to day basis which is a huge win in my book. 

I'm really looking forward to the black (field?) Jacket with the orange lining and liner. 

:: remember E. saying SI asked the ACR Agency do creat what SI menswear can/might look like in the future, so SISP was born.

:: the Agency is out now, E. said.

lots of ACR ideas in here SI never came up with.

some really nice pieces, lets see the whole collection.

creation of some new mens fashion profile

Edited by daniel

For me it’s “meh” as a SISP collection. It doesn’t look like there’s anything too experimental in there and the silhouettes are pretty standard street/casual wear. Like looks Tek posted look nice but the first could have been abasi rosborough 5 years ago (they’re amazing so that’s not entirely pejorative) and oversized shirts have been around for ages. Maybe there’s some details that aren’t apparent that will elevate it from fancy streetwear.

• 4 weeks later...

I nipped into the London store on Saturday as it's been refurbished but feels like a downgrade to me, Shadow had its own section but every thing looking very mainstream, chap waffled on about releasing in chapters or something, had to call resuscitation at that point. Shame but I'll reserve judgement until the full hand is shown.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...