Self Edge STRIKE GOLD SG009LTD Limited Contest 1115-1216

beatle

SELFEDGE STRIKE GOLD SG009LTD CONTEST

Never before was a denim released that would be extinct once the 175 pairs made are gone.

With Strike Gold being famed for their extraordinary tasty denim a contest would be perfect to make these part of denim history.

If they sound as exciting to you and you have been eying them please join this limited contest.

tumblr_nuxqftU2bD1rpscgko1_500.jpg

NOVEMBER 15 - DECEMBER 16

DUE TO THE VERY LIMITED SUPPLY MAXIMUM NUMBER OF CONTESTANTS 40 PEOPLE

SELF EDGE WILL SUPPLY THESE JEANS TO ALL CONTESTANTS WITH  A 10% DISCOUNT - YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR DISCOUNT CODE ONCE YOU REGISTERED VIA PM

tHE WINNER GETS TO PICK A FREE PAIR OF JEANS - ANY MODEL - FROM SELFEDGE

IF YOU WANT IN - SEND A PM

RULES ARE SIMPLE - PLEASE POST UPDATES AND KEEP US POSTED ABOUT YOUR DENIM JOURNEY, AN INITIAL FIT PIC IS OF COURSE NEEDED TO CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE IN THIS CONTEST.

DENIM DETAILS - WILL BE UPDATED WITH MORE PICS SOON

Strike Gold had been working on a new 17oz denim that would create a particular indigo shade they had in mind.  The mill produced a small run of the fabric for them which they were satisfied with, then shortly after when the production run started Strike Gold put a stop to the run because the shade didn't match the initial sample run.  The mill stated they could not match that exact shade again unless they added pigment dye to the indigo bath.  Strike Gold refused to do this as they wanted to stay with a 100% pure indigo dyed jean.  These people are extremely particular about their denim.  They decided against making a jean that wasn't exactly as they envisioned, so instead they produced only 175 pairs, which is all the initial denim run could be made into.  The jean is cut into Strike Gold's slim tapered XXX9 fit and is availble only at Self Edge and at Strike Gold's own shop in Okayama, also, each jean comes with a Strike Gold tote bag.  

SG_LTD_01-682x1022.jpg

SG_LTD_08-1022x682.jpg

SG_LTD_06-1022x682.jpg

SG_LTD_07-1022x682.jpg

SG_LTD_04-1022x682.jpg

SG_LTD_05-1022x682.jpg

And received these beauties last night, serious piece of denim, the 17oz feels really solid, smoother than the xx001 denim in texture but with a solid amount of character and a gorgeous shade of blue - will post pics over the weekend - general advise - if you are in between sizes, go one up....I just did a quick shrink test with the cut offs - and there's about 0.4 shrinkage just in the width...

really thrilled about these - just figured I'd post some quick fit pics - pre soak/

as suspected - shrinkage really good amount, so yes, don't size down, I only soaked warm not hot and got a really decent amount.

can't wait to see how these fade, the denim is ueber dark, and gathering from the indigo loss during soak I reckon these will take some determination to fade

measurements pre and post

tagged 31 /       32       31

thigh                 11.6    11.1

rise                   10.6    10.1

inseam              33       31

21920456038_c405c5d5d4_z.jpg

21920440938_b3083e3629_z.jpg

21487212313_eaca73107c_z.jpg

Since there's not "Fat as Fuck World Tour" going on, I figured I'd jump on this train; it's an honor to share contest space with the incomparable Beatle, to whom we will all eventually lose. First pair of SGs (I'm in it for the free bag). Went to SE PDX to see my buds TMadd and Jonathan. They concluded that while the 36s fit fine, there was not enough thigh room to work with once they hit water. So, in an embarrassing turn of events, I've sized up to a size 38. What. The. Hell. You can't see it in the pics (my bad), but the waist is super wide. Currently hot soaking the shit out of them.

pre-soak:

waist: 19.5

thigh: 13.25

rise: 11

inseam: 32

leg opening: 8

K45hvgE.jpg?1

b3poE6y.jpg?1

VqtTgSe.jpg?1

qrULt5R.jpg?2

Indeed, Max. Jeans are still wet, but the waist has shrunk 1 full inch so far. The concern when initially wearing the tagged 36s was the slight room I had in the thighs. As BF mentioned, the thighs are the trickiest part of this cut, but I wouldn't have purchased them if I hadn't tried them on, that's for damn sure.