UES Official Contest 2014/1/1 - 2014/12/31

beautiful_FrEaK

Couple of days ago I was at the German Panzer Museum with my 2 brothers. Just some random pics

The first German tank from the Great War

14007337626_a034a8c3e5_z.jpg

Moszt tanks were from WWII

Pz IV

14030454855_b2e1edf5b4_z.jpg

The mighty Tiger

14027241492_3f67dba8b6_z.jpg

Panther

14007335446_c444af0213_z.jpg

For our American friends, a Sherman

14050461453_8d37c5310d_z.jpg

I think that is a T-34

14030456115_d10f69a726_z.jpg

great job gents, some amazing fades already there!

I have way too much job ahead to catch up with you guys. Anyway I am sidetracking the contest atm!

been wearing mostly the UES over the last two weeks, here's a random, non competitive (!),  waywt

875C1355-7A95-477A-9696-3A5C648B7334_zps

Edited by volvo240thebest

In fact - no. It's the cheapest Sony DSLR that fell in to the sea twice, once down a table tennis plate (hand repaired) and is three years old. I just use a polarisation filter in direct sunlight to make the colours pop. As I can't use photoshop or the like, that's my old fashioned way. But thank you :-)

Almost 5 months now...one last update before (hopefully) the rotation with the WH starts.  I did one 60°C machine wash last week plus some soaks & handwashes.

Natural light (but light sensitive lense):

8apApoA.jpg

XWe200T.jpg

mN8jc6w.jpg

Normal lense + flash

8RnNupw.jpg

d4tGS43.jpg

b6CXgEn.jpg

bJk6Nc4.jpg

As always, the front hem roping rips already. I hate that this happens all the time.

Edited by Max Power

Maybe because of the catalogue (do you have it?). It showed great faded pairs, but they all had been worn for over 2 years. The ones around 1 year were still pretty dark. Compared to the last Jeans I wore (Samurais & Eternal) the UES fade slower, though.

It could be that a lot of the owners with jeans featured in that catalogue were not in a position to wear jeans everyday because of work so it took longer to fade them? Either that or they weren't wearing them daily.

My impression from visiting Japan is that office culture is still pretty strict with dresscode (commuter trains look like funeral parties with everyone in black suits) and this restricts denim-wearing to ''salaryman status''.

I really have to say I love how soft and comfy they are  (although that means, the creases aren't as strong as on my other jeans).

But I also have to admit, after finally getting my dream pair (Denime 66XX) I don't know how strong I can keep my commitment to the conetst jeans  :mellow: