UES Official Contest 2014/1/1 - 2014/12/31

beautiful_FrEaK

thought i should take my pair to denim-lovers-paradise yesterday :)

yesterday, after 3-4months, i finally went to vmc again:

train was crowded as fuck so i had to sit on the floor (1h). wearing:

IHSH-20, IHSH-66, IHSI-02, UES-400T, AnonymousIsm Socks, Viberg

o445.jpg

arrived in zürich. this is the place where i've met Giles, Paula, Haraki, Ayumi, Beatle and Ruedi (swissjeansfreak) for the first time, back in 2011 :)

um5c.jpg

the shop windows:

1ofa.jpg

fnct.jpg

tried on some goods:

Iron Heart: IHSH-95, L

7j6o.jpg

Iron Heart: IHSH-23, XXL (too big unfortunately -.-)

6vjo.jpg

The Flat Head: Paisely Shirt, 44

hp8f.jpg

was after these Lone Wolf Carpenter boots, but out of luck since my size was out of stock:

11qm.jpg

done for the day:

b5q0.jpg

7cof.jpg

in march and april they'll get hold of more new stuff straight from japan, so def. going to hit up the store again pretty soon! :)

Edited by ThinFinn

Ah, I think I may have to give up on my 400Rs. I mean, I can wear them, but the waist is just too uncomfortable for me. If they had another inch in the rise, they would have been fine, but since these ride low at the hips, the 31" waist just won't cut it. How comfortable a garment is is a huge thing for me, and the denim on the 400Rs is amazingly comfortable. I was just delusional about being able to fit into 13" rise jeans :((((. Such a bummer, since the craftsmanship and the denim really is just unbelievable.

^Same here. When I wear my Samurais again, the fabric feels flimsy and the pockets too shallow, nor can I fit my hands in (exaggerating). Strange how fast one can get used to such things - I always considered the Samurai pockets as heavyweight fabric.

Edited by Max Power

Hey b_F, thanks man! It's a lot easier to take out my iPhone and snap a few shots for IG. I'll bring out the big guns this weekend to make some good pics for my second month update :)

I am very pleased with how these fade:

tumblr_n1po6gKsRZ1rjezijo1_1280.jpg

No problem man! Without counting the first two times to shrink them, yes they only had one wash. Their second wash one will be this weekend.

Max probably will... We're all afraid of Maximus the Great! :P

Very nice evo, the whiskers are really set in and nicely faded. Also, I love your narrow roping, mine's developping yet is much wider (maybe due to the hemjob after several soaks). Also I think that these jeans are prone to get nice traintrack / roping effects on the yoke. They're already developing before the first wash.

A quick fit picture from yesterday. love how the hip flare disappeared and how slim yet comfortable they are.

DSC08444_zpseba39b2e.jpg

Edited by Max Power

Your wide roping is because of DC4's Union Special. When I had my Railcars hemmed I got the same wide and very remarkable roping effect. When I asked Daniel about it, he explained... He owns a black Union Special called 'Black Head'. The black head was made for heavy industrial use, stitching stronger and tougher fabrics, thus it has more power (than the other colors Union Special hemming machines). This is the reason it creates this kick-ass roping effect.

P.S. What show did you have a few nights ago?? 

Edited by Somar

Thanks man! The belt is made in Italy and I bought it in Rome when I was there last spring. It is from a store called Asole&Bottoni. 5mm thick leather, but I honestly don't know of what kind.

88dd330491000030c509ac070be7c791.jpg

df08aab7a735c00cd36742d8a6a24f29.jpg

ff1a7e5df73d401eeb129466a71b676f.jpg

Some current shots. Evo has slowed down, maybe also because I still switch between three pairs. One part of me wants to thrash them, the other save them up for work. The result is what you see below ^_^

DSC08430_zps1ac99f35.jpg

DSC08436_zps22a5035a.jpg

Man, Max! I am blown away by your honeycombs, oce again. They always look super crispy.