___ METAL SAVED MY LIFE!

hamburglar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest forest

oh nice i use to live there i want to move back i hate LA. but yea favs on my list rite now are. behexen,funeral mist,dark funeral,kyrpt.burzum new album is ok

i like funeral mist, they're pretty good.

i've been into a lot of local stuff as of recently. just rediscovered dystopia again. seen black cobra play at amoeba recently, if you haven't heard them they're a two man doom metal band that just released their new album chronomega. lecherous gaze (new annihilation time) and the saviours have been slaying it. current favorite as of right now like i said above is shrinebuilder though because before that i was really into saint vitus.

this black cobra track from their older album bestial is still so good though, wait til' about 1:40 but the intro is pretty pheno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guLn00BO4xQ

Guest forest

very nicee i am just listening to shrinebuilder rite now. yea i just saw doomriders and skeletonwitch recently pretty good live. theres alot of local stuff here but i never go to them really haha. sf always had a great scene. do you like stuff like levithan or xasthur. i really like high on fire rite now too as of the doom style.

The new High on fire album is pretty good but not as good as all their other ones imo. The title track is pretty sick though, especially the end of it, frost hammer too.

Does anyone here like Death, thats pretty much all Ive been listenning too since I got into them about 2 months ago.

Blast this shit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dje42r8NGa0&feature=related

death is always classic.

I've been jamming kaamos-lucifer rising a whole lot. fucking great 90's style death metal but a bit more modern sounding. also just saw pretty little flower a couple weekends ago for the second time - seriously one of the most underated bands in metal. hard to pin down, but it's a raw combo of grind, thrash, and death metal. the most recent LP, crushing fury of bastardization, is reaaaally recommended if you're a fan of grind/death.

• 1 month later...

Oh man, when I lived in Boston I saw Scapegoat plenty of times, great band. There was a crucial PV/hardcore scene (Scapegoat, Mind Eraser, Sgt. Slaughter, the Conversions, Unholy Goatfucker, Positive Reinforcement) in Allston/ South Boston (the first Scapegoat vid was taken at the Ratskeller, which was 100% concrete), Negative Approach ended up playing one dude's wedding.

Criminally underrepresented here are Will Killingsworth's Failures, who have tearing it.