___ METAL SAVED MY LIFE!

hamburglar

Y7lxanOzQCY

On 8 April 1991, Mayhem vocalist Per Yngve Ohlin (aka 'Dead') committed suicide in a house shared by the band. Fellow musicians often described Ohlin as a quiet and introverted person. However he was best known for his infamous performances – which involved cutting himself, carrying around a dead crow, and wearing clothes that had been buried weeks prior to the event.
He was found with slit wrists and a shotgun round to the head, by Mayhem guitarist Øystein Aarseth (aka 'Euronymous'). Ohlin's suicide note read "Excuse all the blood" and included an apology for firing the weapon indoors. Before calling the police, Aarseth went to a nearby store and bought a disposable camera to photograph the corpse, after re-arranging some items.One of these photographs was later stolen and used as the cover of a bootleg live album entitled Dawn of the Black Hearts.
Eventually, rumours surfaced that Aarseth made a stew with pieces of Ohlin's brain, and made necklaces with fragments of Ohlin's skull. The band later stated that the former rumour was false, but that the latter was true. Additionally, Aarseth claimed to have given these necklaces to musicians he deemed worthy.Mayhem bassist Jørn Stubberud (aka 'Necrobutcher') noted that "people became more aware of the [black metal] scene after Dead had shot himself ... I think it was Dead's suicide that really changed the scene."
DawnOfTheBlackHearts.jpg

If you want to talk about grind, lets talk about Insect Warfare

top notch shit but theres a few good grind bands comin out of the bay:

thousands will die

in disgust (homies! dont let em play your house cause theyll break everything)

california love

also, that mayhem cover is one of the best covers ever!!!

top notch shit but theres a few good grind bands comin out of the bay:

thousands will die

in disgust (homies! dont let em play your house cause theyll break everything)

california love

also, that mayhem cover is one of the best covers ever!!!

its all about real reggae and scholastic death

Guest binaural

more on the garage/punk side of things, but definitely total trash. one of my faves. these dudes kill it live.

246457874_l.jpg

l_4ec7dc05ba18c3394457ac7976d723ef.jpg

and, of course, the Dwarves, back in the day.

and i do love me some Burzum.

Guest binaural
if it wasnt for the story of burzum i wouldnt like him as much.

i dunno, man. some those records are pretty amazing. i think they stand on their own pretty well. early Darkthrone too.

the story is pretty good, though.

It's Scholastic Deth!

You guys are a little to ga-ga over a band that only put out a coupla 7"s.

If you wanna get down to authentic grind, stick to Discordance Axis or the like. Yeah, the songs are short, but there's hundreds.... and they're all winners.

haha, obviously not too gaga if we don't even get the name right. just a band that everyone was all about when I was in high school, along with whn? and all those other bay area thrash revival bands.

DA fucking slays, one of my favorite bands. John chang and dave witte are in a new band with two japanese dudes (don't know what projects they were involved with) that just put out an "album" (its a little over 10 minnutes...). It's comparable to DA but a bit more tech, and it fucking rips. really hard. check it out, it's called amber gray.

To save you guys and myself from a wall of text, I'll just post my last.fm page.

http://www.last.fm/user/bmwmax10

Yes, I realize there's Dimmu Borgir up there. That's mostly For All Tid stuff. As for The Serpentine Offering on the top tracks, you can thank my genius friend for leaving my Nuclear Blast Sampler playing all night.

My favorites are Wintersun, Finntroll, Windir, and such.

Anyone heard of Sportlov? Most awesome black metal ever.

DA fucking slays, one of my favorite bands. John chang and dave witte are in a new band with two japanese dudes (don't know what projects they were involved with) that just put out an "album" (its a little over 10 minnutes...). It's comparable to DA but a bit more tech, and it fucking rips. really hard. check it out, it's called amber gray.

This maybe what the tech/grind/whatever thread needs to get that going again.

• 2 weeks later...

Velveet Cacoon are pretty chilled, I quite like them but did you hear all the chatter about them straight ripping off other bands music? They posted about it themselves on some blog.

No one was quite sure what was true or whether it was a publicity stunt?

Either way, that is a nice looking 12.