___ METAL SAVED MY LIFE!

hamburglar

Did the second Twilight come out yet?

I wasn't too taken with the first one - it seemed guilty of all the bads things euro BM heads accuse USBM of, where as most of their individual projects are pretty good.

Thinking about it, I should pick up the newest Nachtmystium - let that slide too long.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah. Hardcore thread is cool and all...a little stale, though there have been eruptions in it (as well as the Gravity Recs thread) regarding this wonderful sub-genre of hardcore punk...but fuck it...there are enough bands legendary and still active to warrant this methinks.

Time to knit-pick.

Bands...Favorite releases...all and all.

I like the sludge. maybe more sluddge-metal then sludge-core, but I don't care bout that genre stuff.

I really like eyehategod

corrosion of conformity, fudge tunnel

corrupted is good

everybody who is sorta into this stuff should check the album heroin man by cherubs

toadliquor is ok

maybe not genre appropriate but really good is distorted pony

must be honest that I like the stuff crossing over into different genres more, stoner/doom stuff on one side, and noiserock pigfuck/whatver stuff.

hardcore wise I like most obvious gravity stuff, I also like palatka, man is the bastard.

fuck, I hate discussing music withing genres.

sorry. anyway, continue please.:)

dug out my spazz shirt yesterday, and i've been listening to no comment-downsided 7" a lot. grief-come to grief has been on heavy rotation too along with corrupted.

Hahaha is it the Bruce Lee Game of Death graphic (with the yellow lines)? I just found a picture of me wearing that one.

The "Downsided" 7" is probably one of the best releases the world has heard. I just got the Discography LP from some Japanese cat on eBAY...VERY happy about that. No Comment is def. one of my favorites.

Name dropping some more from recent listening...mostly the whole collection has been blaring out of my headphones:

-Crossed Out (probably one of the most brutal still)

-Jenny Piccolo (seems to me that they don't get much mention)

-Dropdead (vocals almost sound like Charles Maggio post-vocal chord death)

-Infest ("Slave," "Mankind," "No Man's Slave")

-Rorschach (seem to get put into this category...I can see why with the speeds and blast beats they start hitting...probably one of my favorite bands in life)

-MK Ultra (the "Melt" 7" blew me face off...as did the split with Seein' Red)

Newer/still active bands as well...

-Capitalist Casualties (classic but still around)

-Despise You (same as above)

-Hummingbird of Death

-Crom

-Noothgrush

Honestly, not a fan of the whole genre divide thing...but I find it somewhat useful for focus topics on message boards.

Okay...slooow start.

To add to this, I would say that a majority of the greatest band names ever occur within the Fastcore realm...and with their Sludgey companions.

-Combat Wounded Veteran

-Chainsaw To The Face

-Weekend Nachos

-Scrotum Grinder

-Charles Bronson

-all of the aforementioned shit.

PV/crust

capitalist casualties

doom

man is the bastard

dosdöm

spazz

benumb

discordance axis

R.A.M.B.O

GRINDCORE!

Me and him call it us

Robinson

Agoraphobic Nosebleed

Hewhocorrupts

Disrupt

Gaza

Infanticide

...Just gonna throw in Tower of Rome, not techincally grindcore and a little scene/gay but they are fun..

Oh and to the dude who said hardcore is stale.. me and you must be listening to two different kinds of music..

PV/crust

capitalist casualties

doom

man is the bastard

dosdöm

spazz

benumb

discordance axis

R.A.M.B.O

GRINDCORE!

Me and him call it us

Robinson

Agoraphobic Nosebleed

Hewhocorrupts

Disrupt

Gaza

Infanticide

...Just gonna throw in Tower of Rome, not techincally grindcore and a little scene/gay but they are fun..

Oh and to the dude who said hardcore is stale.. me and you must be listening to two different kinds of music..

There we go...

And you must mean me as THAT dude...the guy who started this thread you're posting in. To correct your misreading of a previous statement, I only spoke of the Hardcore thread as being "stale," and not the whole genre (although I can't say I'm diggin' boatloads of modern day hardcore bands...but then again I am...just depends what you consider "hardcore").

I also must admit that I'm a little "eh" on 99% of grindcore past and present...usually due to the majority of bands employing strictly gutterals as vocals...but I do enjoy a good bunch for the fuck of it:

-Agoraphobic Nosebleed (as mentioned above...is pretty cool for being zany and having some pretty impressive drum machine programming)

-Insect Warfare

-Godstomper (don't know if this falls into grindcore or pv honestly...a name only a mother couldn't love)

-Forced Expression (ex-CxA)

-Nadir

-Agathocles

-Monster X

For PV shit, can't forget:

-NEANDERTHAL

-Black Army Jacket

-Hellnation

-Apartment 213

I saw weekend nachos a week or two ago...pretty disapointed. I'd seen them once before and they were great, but this last time I was just waiting for their set to end.

harm's way (who were on tour with them) on the other hand...total brutality. not at all the same style of music though. (toughy beatodwn shit played by geeky hc kids and one very muscular individual).

noothgrush is solid, and have one of my favorite record/tshirt designs ever! one of my favorite shirts for sure, wish it wasn't so godamn small.

coachdayshirt-1.jpg?t=1218503721

YESSSSS my fave styles of music in 1 thread!

pv: alot of the legends have already been named, but to add,

lack of interest

heresy

sore throat (more grind)

magrudergrind (thrashy pv grind)

spoonfuls of vicodin

chainsaw to the face

deceiver

Yes...glad to see some heads come out the wood works.

I saw weekend nachos a week or two ago...pretty disapointed. I'd seen them once before and they were great, but this last time I was just waiting for their set to end.

harm's way (who were on tour with them) on the other hand...total brutality. not at all the same style of music though. (toughy beatodwn shit played by geeky hc kids and one very muscular individual).

noothgrush is solid, and have one of my favorite record/tshirt designs ever! one of my favorite shirts for sure, wish it wasn't so godamn small.

coachdayshirt-1.jpg?t=1218503721

Yeaaaah that Noothgrush graphic is ridiculous...been wanting that tee. I think one of my favorites, although thoroughly fucked up to wear (part of the fun), is the Dropdead "Burnt Face" graphic. Seriously, the art and design aesthetic of powerviolence/fastcore (along with the band names and song titles) can really be a topic in itself (...and should be thoroughly discussed here).

currently totally down with :

electric wizard (still in love)

kodiak (check them out!!)

black shape of nexus (next big thing)

moss (suicide sountrack)

om (awesome)

some sunn (too much hypeshit)

and lots and lots of mighty EARTH

SUNN deserves every bit of hype they get. but man, electric wizard just own everyone, and i just picked up that om "live at jerusalem" lp, and man its incredible

yeah, the new sword album is a definite guilty pleasure.

I couldn't get into the first OM release, and I recently heard something newer they've done (i think it was conference of the birds) and I actually really liked it.

A few weeks ago I spent a warm afternoon melting on my bed, stoned out of my face, listening to the dopesmoker 2xlp. I somehow didn't feel like I had wasted any time at all.

yeah, the new sword album is a definite guilty pleasure.

I couldn't get into the first OM release, and I recently heard something newer they've done (i think it was conference of the birds) and I actually really liked it.

A few weeks ago I spent a warm afternoon melting on my bed, stoned out of my face, listening to the dopesmoker 2xlp. I somehow didn't feel like I had wasted any time at all.

new sword is quite different a not as heavy as the first one in my opinion, but i really love it like the first one.

conference of the birds i guess is the best OM release, if you dont see the live one as a real album.

SLEEP is such an awesome band, pure dope. id really start smoking pot, just because of such bands ...