___ METAL SAVED MY LIFE!

hamburglar

Been lurking these forums for about a year and have never posted, might as well start...

I have been listening to Ved Buens Ende, Virus, the new Ulver (not really metal at all but worth the mention), Diabolical Masquerade..

Someone mentioned Sigh havent heard them in years, last album I bought was Hail Horror Hail - whats the later stuff like?

i used to have this plan to start a BLACK BLACK METAL band wherein all the members were african-american and all their songs were anti-white.

but i wanted to join and can't because i'm not black. but goddamn i would really

love to get this project off the ground. i think it would be so fucking amazing.

the point would be that the band is ridiculously good and KVLT AS FVCK and

even nazi-metallers can't deny how awesome they are.

i used to have this plan to start a BLACK BLACK METAL band wherein all the members were african-american and all their songs were anti-white.

but i wanted to join and can't because i'm not black. but goddamn i would really

love to get this project off the ground. i think it would be so fucking amazing.

the point would be that the band is ridiculously good and KVLT AS FVCK and

even nazi-metallers can't deny how awesome they are.

Haha, that's beautiful.

i'm even thinking they could, instead of drawing on pagan mythology and shit, pull from african animism and voodoo lore and totally be all about the fucking occult and have songs like "BANTU SACRIFICE OF BLOOD" and "RENDING PALE FLESH TO BONE"

and fucking demonic BURUNDI-BEAT MEETS BLAST BEAT percussion just fucking mind-blowingly intense shit never heard of ever before.

omg i want to be a fucking svengali so bad. i need to find a way to make this happen.

this would be the best fucking record of the year. this record would instantly go into the

classic albums of the '00s thread.

my bandmate's other band, fell voices, is doing a west coast tour early august. real droney, tortured sounding black metal, its got a bit of a neurosis'y tribal feel goin on with the rhythm section sometimes. check it out: www.myspace.com/fellvoicesca

anyone hear the new gridlink? witte is a fucking machine!!!

edit: black black metal is genius

i might just have to turn this into an art project, record the album myself, and never play live. but that kind of ruins it, because i want to bear witness to a roomful of lanky white dudes thrashing around to a stageful of black guys in benin war paint, screeching shit like "SCOURGE OF THE EARTH, PLAGUE OF THE HEART, PALE IS THE FLESH, DARK IS THE ART, RRRRRRRRENDING! PALE FLESH! PORCELAIN BLOOD-STAINED TATTERS! RRRRRRENDING! PALE FLESH! ALABASTER DEMONS SCATTER!"

I'm really appreciating the black ambient more than anything else at the moment...

Xasthur, Enemite

Xasthur is just not really good ambient. I can see that it's popular with the bm crowd but the sounds are just not there. I would go see it live if it would ever happen but i think it would suck even more than the record. Burzum and Mortiis was black ambient when i was growing up, this new shit is just silly.

yeah I agree with you about the less stylised shots being far more intriguing. There are some great ones of Fenriz and Nocturno Culto from Darkthrone.

I would have killed to see the actual exhibtion which was touring around for a while there...

This thread has inspired me to discover some new music so I have come to discover French act "Deathspell Omega" - not exactly new but new to me. Reviews are universally excellent. Anyone heard them?

Deathspell Omega are fantastic,

I'd recommend starting with the Kenose ep and then the si momentum... album, the earlier stuff is good but much more raw and less grand, while the Fas album doesn't really take a big enough step forward from the above ep/album to keep me interested.

the (21 minute?) track on the Beheading the Holy Trinity cd is also well worth hunting down.

NED is probably the premium Black Metal label - Watain released their best work from there, pretty much all the good othrodox BM bands are with them.

Other french stuff worth noting: Mutiliation, Hell Milita, Peste Noire, Celestia, Mortiferia and older Alcest(the newer stuff is still great but more in line with sigur ros)

Kriegsmachine are in a similar vein to DsO, although I don't rate them too highly they do get a lot of support.

There is a lot out good BM out there.