Wings & Horns Fall 2006

minya

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

curious, is there a pretty big difference between, say a classic fit medium and a slim fit meduim? is the length the same and its just slimmer?

This year, big difference. The classic fit is much wider through the chest, arms, and shoulders than the slim fit of the same size.

Has anyone been to Nom De Guerre or Famous Friends in NYC lately?

I was just curious as to which hoodies from the F/W season are still available.

I'm especially interested in this one:

287260140_4b7180a35a.jpg

And the runner up is the hoodie similar to this in black which I quoted in an earlier post.

i really don't see why people are complaining on the availability of spruce/w+h/w&h. there's online stores that sell it for god's sake or you could always just phone up a retailer and buy one. it's really not that difficult... but you're not going to find it at the mall.

Except for Peasant and Steven Alan, there are no online stores based in the US that sell the line. There are a handful of Japanese retailers (Ships Blue and United Arrows in zozo, and Rakuten/explorer being the most prominent,) which do sell the line, but at 20-30% hgher than US retail prices, without delivery, and it is uncertain whether they deliver outside of Japan at all. And certain pieces, like the shawl sweatshirt, seem very difficult to find even in Japan.

As the for the slim fit grey striped hoodie, it was never available at Famous Friends, and I don't think that Nom de Guerre has anymore.

And some of the pieces, like the M65 (I know you don't like it Coldrice :)), are nearly impossible to find in the US, and very difficult to find in Japan.

i really don't see why people are complaining on the availability of spruce/w+h/w&h. there's online stores that sell it for god's sake or you could always just phone up a retailer and buy one. it's really not that difficult... but you're not going to find it at the mall.

We are not exactly talking about buying 501s here.

I have asked two 'official' spruce online retailers based in the US if they had a hoody from the current collection.

The first said:

"No"

I said: "can you get it?"

They said

"No - They won't supply us"

The second online retailer didnt bother to reply.

Plus, as I'm in England, Im not gonna ring stores in the US about a hoody, as much as I want it.

I just found it slightly bizarre / ironic / downright weird that it seems easier to buy one from Japan, when the brand is made in Canada and apparently a 'Western' brand that is meant to be available in our side of the world.

Most unusual of all is the fact that if you look back many pages in this thread, you will notice that Kane said Spruce is NOT meant to be exclusive and difficult to get hold of.....Wow.....And no, I cant order from Japan, cos as you already pointed out, Japan retailers dont tend to stock XL.

I feel that qualifies as saying the brand is difficult to get hold of.

We are not exactly talking about buying 501s here.

I have asked two 'official' spruce online retailers based in the US if they had a hoody from the current collection.

The first said:

"No"

I said: "can you get it?"

They said

"No - They won't supply us"

The second online retailer didnt bother to reply.

Plus, as I'm in England, Im not gonna ring stores in the US about a hoody, as much as I want it.

I just found it slightly bizarre / ironic / downright weird that it seems easier to buy one from Japan, when the brand is made in Canada and apparently a 'Western' brand that is meant to be available in our side of the world.

Most unusual of all is the fact that if you look back many pages in this thread, you will notice that Kane said Spruce is NOT meant to be exclusive and difficult to get hold of.....Wow.....And no, I cant order from Japan, cos as you already pointed out, Japan retailers dont tend to stock XL.

I feel that qualifies as saying the brand is difficult to get hold of.

maybe because the japanese will buy more than the american market? make sense to me. but, i think your main problem is that you're an XL, i doubt w+h/w&h sells a lot of XL's therefore it's not beneficial for them to make them and not beneficial for stores to buy them. there's plenty of S, M, L's that are easy to get a hold of if you look. but yeah. peasant has some XL's...

If you guys are looking for the shawl collar sweaters, wh thermals, wings and horns thermals, nom cardigans/marine fleeces with buttons, wing and horns m65 or red tiger fleece hoodies, call here and talk to Alex Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays. Tell Alex the Armenian guy sent you.

Fred Segal Man

420 Broadway

Santa Monica, CA 90401-2314

ph: 310-395-9792

They got the last shipment of wh and wings in the country.

maybe because the japanese will buy more than the american market? make sense to me. but, i think your main problem is that you're an XL, i doubt w+h/w&h sells a lot of XL's therefore it's not beneficial for them to make them and not beneficial for stores to buy them. there's plenty of S, M, L's that are easy to get a hold of if you look. but yeah. peasant has some XL's...

i was talking with brian at peasant a couple weeks ago while he was on the phone with his w+h rep. apparently (according to this rep) the xl's actually sell out first. so, yeah, i think his size may be a major component of the problem but for the opposite reason.

and yeah, last time i was there, peasant had some xl's. they were also taking direct orders from people a couple weeks ago. i don't know if they still are/can though.