Wings & Horns Fall 2006

minya

"offered" is different than offered, IMO.

read through countless threads on this board and others about folks in markets w/o a W&H retailer...

if you really want to understand your market, make your product available somewhere online (i'm sorry, but 3 products on the steven alan website, peasant online having some stock, but never even putting it up in their online store, or overpriced product shipped from japan doesn't cut it) and you'll certainly have a broader picture of the extant demand for your goods. a W&H online store is long overdue; you've already got kids jumping through myriad hoops to get your shit! publish a catalog! take pre-orders! solicit feedback -- you'll get it.

relying on boutique retail to gauge demand is obviously not cutting it, and you're leaving plenty of potential customers in the lurch...

You're getting us mixed up with a retail store, which we're not. If you're unhappy with Steven Alan offering only 3 of our products, go tell them. Ditto Peasant.

We have to rely on boutique retail because THEY are our customers.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, Peasant actually has a bunch of stuff on their site, including the shooter jacket, and I think that Brian will put some W+H and Wings and Horns SS07 stuff on the site. Brian also did a special order deal through Styleforum that was generally a success (um, well there were some glitches) and did pre-orders. And he is a small store. Some stores (Famous Friends, American Rag, Nom de Guerre) have simply decided not to go into web business, which is not a trivial undertaking.

Maybe it's partially because I'm spoiled and I can walk to Nomad in 15 mins, but I've personally never really been down with online stores. Especially ones that are like online malls. I can understand why W+H wants to keep it relatively exclusive. Maybe having a forum with some catalogues posted here would help people know what is being dropped every season. Any chance of this Kane?

We have to rely on boutique retail because THEY are our customers.

and that's a choice you have every right to make (though it's a little disappointing to hear you say that -- if i'm paying retail $$ to wear and appreciate your product, i'd like to think you're interested in my input).

i'm just saying: the more information you put out to the people that end up wearing your shit -- whether that's a print catalog, a website with a "current collection," or whatever -- the better we're able to express our preferences (to retailers, online or otherwise) and the better you're able to get us the product we want (thereby selling more product).

it's a win-win situation, yeah?

whether you decide to retail your own products or not (sounds like you're not interested), an informed consumer is a more active consumer. how can i tell peasant, steven alan or anyone else what i'd like to see them carrying for the upcoming season if i have no idea what-the-fuck is available for them to order??

I am 6 feet and weigh about 175lbs. I lift regular and have some fairly broad shoulders. The XL in the tiger fleece is a little big, but looks crazy good.

I own a few Supreme hoodies, and I would not use Supreme as a way to measure the fit. I actually prefer M for Supreme, but also have L.

All in all I just want to say that the quality is great. I look forward to the new season and CYC comes correct with another winner.

Fuck Rogan or whoever they source.

can you get me some? or sell me yours? i want some really, really bad.

Spring/summer ish should be dropping very very soon... if not this month, then early Feb probably. Expect more hoodies as usual (but in spring colors, so no black-blended tiger fleece), tiger fleece sweatpants, and I'm sure several surprises as well....