Wings & Horns Fall 2006

minya

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just for the record...

I stopped over at Nomad yesterday and thoroughly tested the Lampo zippers. My verdict: I like Lampo a lot more than Riri. Or maybe not like more, but certainly there's no reason to complain about a Lampo. The Lampo ones opened and closed like motherfucking greased lightning. The Riri ones opened and closed with more difficulty/resistance, but felt more sturdy. I guess they're both suitable for different applications, but the zippy feeling (pun not intended) of the Lampo zippers was great.

... I also really want the massive hand-knit wool sweater with the shawl collar and the iron cross embroidery and the silk lining. :)

just for the record...

I stopped over at Nomad yesterday and thoroughly tested the Lampo zippers. My verdict: I like Lampo a lot more than Riri. Or maybe not like more, but certainly there's no reason to complain about a Lampo. The Lampo ones opened and closed like motherfucking greased lightning. The Riri ones opened and closed with more difficulty/resistance, but felt more sturdy. I guess they're both suitable for different applications, but the zippy feeling (pun not intended) of the Lampo zippers was great.

... I also really want the massive hand-knit wool sweater with the shawl collar and the iron cross embroidery and the silk lining. :)

is the knit wool sweater wings & horns? :)

just for the record...

so the lampos are new for this season?

i'm picturing you just sitting in the store and zipping and unzipping jackets...

is the knit wool sweater wings & horns? :)

Yup.

i'm picturing you just sitting in the store and zipping and unzipping jackets...
I mentioned to Zeb that a lot of people were complaining about the Lampo zippers, so yeah, we walked over to the hoodies and had a little zipping session.

Told ya.

The Lampos are SUPER slippy when you actually use them, moreso than the Riris.

The Riris have a nice oiled-metal feeling when you pull them up and down. It's noticable when you compare them against even the best YKKs. The nickel-plated YKKs are nice going up and down, smooth. But the Riris feel like you've applied a coating of oil on the metal (though you haven't).

The Lampos are like ice skates. Crazy Italians. The Lambo of zippers -- Lampo.

(But consider me a romantic. I like my Riris too. They're also better polished on the inside.)

yeah -- the Riris feel tougher, and have more of a tactile feel. They're better suited to things like jackets, IMHO.

LOL @ the ice skate analogy. that's perfect. that's pretty much what it was like -- ZOOM up, ZOOM down. Impressive. Perfect for a hoodie, which gets zipped and unzipped frequently.

(I can't believe we're earnestly discussing the merits of zippers :P)

Brian SD over at Styleforum was getting pissed 'cause no one could tell him where to get a Riri for his AA Thermal lined zip hoodie, heh. Zips are a big deal!

We have some sweeeeet samples of M8 and maybe even M10 Riris at the office. These zippers are chunky. If a M6 like the ones we have on our regular pieces are Benz sedans, these mothers are Unimogs.

I. Am. Such. A. Clothing. Geek.

Cool, I was at ARSF last weekend and tried on the W+H with lampo and they were fine too... I actually have problems attaching my riri on the spruce from time to time, like i think they have to be lined up right or something....

speaking of RiRi, I was at the new SF Bloomie's and checked out their APC selections, and the APC stuff had RiRi zippers too! I guess you guys probably all know this already but I didn't, I was pleasantly surprised by that. :)

can't wait to get our stuff from Peasant... :)

thanks Minya

i knew it was a W&H

i was wondering which season it was from.

were the marbles introduce in the same year?

i have the one wiht the signature long cuff but i know theres some with the normal cuff as i've seen a client at normad wearing it.

Brian SD over at Styleforum was getting pissed 'cause no one could tell him where to get a Riri for his AA Thermal lined zip hoodie, heh. Zips are a big deal!

We have some sweeeeet samples of M8 and maybe even M10 Riris at the office. These zippers are chunky. If a M6 like the ones we have on our regular pieces are Benz sedans, these mothers are Unimogs.

I. Am. Such. A. Clothing. Geek.

yeah. i've been looking for a retail riri source too =\

forgive me for asking, but is it possible to do some sort of direct mail order yet for Wings & Horn / WH / Spruce yet?

I'm not really bothered what name label it has inside, whether current stock or old stock etc etc.I just want one of the Pinstripe Grey or Black zip up hoodies, non-slim fit, in an XL (???)

I am confused about all the variations and name changes and stock availability, what with people doing special run outs to stores for them etc.

Is the label deliberately not meant to be easily available?

sorry for so many questions, but just a tiny bit confused on how to actually BUY one without using Rakuten!!

is this hoodie from last season?

http://i10.tinypic.com/34sjd4l.jpg

Haha, people always give me shit when I wear this one. Its always "Did you change the oil in your car??" or something equally annoying :P

Anyway, I got it in march, so i'd be suprised if it was 04/05 winter season. I don't think Ron Herman would have had it out on the floor.