Wings & Horns Fall 2006

minya

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all this madness in one week. you guys suck, the hype has become like this black hole that is tugging at my bank account. I really really want that wings and horns limited military jacket... omg it's this or a 700 dollar CMG peacoat.

Couldn't resist and picked up the black duffel tonight at American Rag. They had the classic fit zip in white and red, shawl in blue, duffel in grey/white and black, military plaid jkt, thermals, and a bunch of other hoodies and tees. A very good selection actually.

I am so stoked about the duffel though. Compared to some of thier other pieces, it is a really good buy. :)

Couldn't resist and picked up the black duffel tonight at American Rag. They had the classic fit zip in white and red, shawl in blue, duffel in grey/white and black, military plaid jkt, thermals, and a bunch of other hoodies and tees. A very good selection actually.

I am so stoked about the duffel though. Compared to some of thier other pieces, it is a really good buy. :)

very good buy. OMG I'm gonna leave and check out American Rag in L.A. today to see if the black duffel is here. Will it cost more to get it through here or peasantonline I wonder (free shipping with peasant vs. american rag markup)

very good buy. OMG I'm gonna leave and check out American Rag in L.A. today to see if the black duffel is here. Will it cost more to get it through here or peasantonline I wonder (free shipping with peasant vs. american rag markup)

FYI, I went to the newly opened American Rag in Fashion Island, Newport Beach. It is great!! Blows the one on La Brea out of the water, plus thier stock is amazing because they just opened. Tons of denim too......man, I can spend a lot in that store. :D

I'm sure they could transfer a black duffel to the LA spot if it's closer to you though. Also, price was $325.

If anyone is selling the shawl in any of the colors..preferably black though I'll purchase from you.

If you are a medium or large, Brian (Peasant. Contact info at www.peasantonline.com) is getting his stuff in any day now. You can preorder if they haven't all been spoken for (there is one with my name on it.) If you have a Styleforum membership, you may get free shipping, though that deal is specifically for things sold online, and phoned in pre-orders are decimating those shawl collars. Tell him that Fok (or LA Guy, whatever) sent you.

Fucking God.

So, thus far: Peasant isn't carrying the duffle, NdG only has the peacoat left (the girl on the phone actually said they didn't get the striped duffle, just the peacoat, but maybe they're just sold out), Famous Friends only received the peacoat and Uncle Otis and American Rag only have grey left in my size (large).

Seriously, if anyone can get me the black, pinstriped duffle in a large I'll give you a finder's fee or something. I've been running in circles for two days now...

*EDIT*: Oh, and I thought they might since they carried Spruce, but Oak isn't doing W&H/W+H, at least not for Fall/Winter.

does nomad or uncle otis have any of the pinstripe hoodies left?

ill swing by next week if they do, i was considering grabbing one, but being back in school and the cost of books/tuition etc is killing me, so i had to hold off

the quality is great, and the classic fits well on me

the only thing i hate about the hoody, is the cuffs are way too long looking, they look out of porportion to the rest of the hoody, and while some may consider it a unique design feature, i personally think its the only thing that throws off the entire thing for me

the cuffs are quite good if you rock your stuff fitted. (shoulder-sleeve seam actually on your shoulder)

if you rock you stuff loose or a bit baggy, the cuff is def. out of place.

my friend rocks his stuff loose so when he tried one to fit his attire, the longsleeve def. looked weird since the shoulder was off and the sleeves were too long.

ddohngo, the duffle coat seems very very slim to me...

i wear a large classic cut and bought an XL duffle so I could layer underneath...

imo an M duffle would probably fit you perfectly but leave you very little room to layer

the cuffs are quite good if you rock your stuff fitted. (shoulder-sleeve seam actually on your shoulder)

if you rock you stuff loose or a bit baggy, the cuff is def. out of place.

my friend rocks his stuff loose so when he tried one to fit his attire, the longsleeve def. looked weird since the shoulder was off and the sleeves were too long.

last summer before leaving Tokyo, United Arrows had some hoodie on sale for like 90$ or something, but i was also thrown off by the cuffs, it seemed it looked weird if i didn't do anything, and if i cuffed/folded them (which i think looks really good), the sleeves were a bit too short for me. i like my hoodies to fit just right, not too slim but definetly not baggy. i was wondering how peoples here wore their sleeves?

i'm really tempted by the pin-stripe hoodie, but i won't get the chance to try them to try them on since they are not sold in my city so i wanted to make sure before getting one.

yup, i think the cuffs look just fine uncuffed.

of course, if you dig the cuffed look, you could def. do it as long as you comfortable and confident about it.

i let it go over my wrist a bit

if i pull it up to wrist lenght, then it crinkles a bit around the forearm area.

To anybody that has the peacoat from this season - I heard it fits a bit different compared to the duffle, so is it more on the slimmer side or is the sizing a bit generous? I take a medium in the slim fit hoodies and a small in the classic and generally wear my stuff slim, and I'm just wondering if I should go for a small or a medium in the peacoat. I probably won't be layering much underneath. so I prefer something a bit more fitted, but I wouldn't want it too tight to the point where the fit looks off.

Also, could somebody with this season's peacoat post a copule of clear pictures? I checked out the ones on page 6 from Sphoxx but can't really make out the details from the blurry phone cam action. Thanks all.