Wings & Horns Fall 2006

minya

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, I was at ARSF last weekend and tried on the W+H with lampo and they were fine too... I actually have problems attaching my riri on the spruce from time to time, like i think they have to be lined up right or something....

speaking of RiRi, I was at the new SF Bloomie's and checked out their APC selections, and the APC stuff had RiRi zippers too! I guess you guys probably all know this already but I didn't, I was pleasantly surprised by that. :)

can't wait to get our stuff from Peasant... :)

Peasant's carrying W&H now? I'm gonna have to go there sometime this week.

Can someone contact me if they have or know where I can get the grey Duffle Coat in a large. I think the medium would be too small on me since it has a slimmer fit. I'm around 5'7, 140lbs. Contact me directly, I'm always on AIM. Thanks

[email protected]

American Rag had a large number of grey duffels. And you definitely need a medium or small. I'm a perfect large at a v-shaped 5"11 173lbs.

Donnell at Uncle Otis has grey duffels. You'll need a small for sure. I am 5'11" and 150 lbs or so, and the medium fits me perfectly.

Would it be too tight on me if I wore a sweater underneath it? I know its suppose to be snug but I'm not trying to wear it when its really tight on me either. I know everyone have their own taste on how they like their stuff to fit, personally I don't even own a pair of skin tight shirts. Just I wanted to address so people can help me out. The measurements he gave me on the medium seems real small since it's smaller than my GrnAppleTree Ornate hoody and that on fits pretty tight on me already. The sleeves runs short but everything else fits fine though. Let me know

Would it be too tight on me if I wore a sweater underneath it? I know its suppose to be snug but I'm not trying to wear it when its really tight on me either. I know everyone have their own taste on how they like their stuff to fit, personally I don't even own a pair of skin tight shirts. Just I wanted to address so people can help me out. The measurements he gave me on the medium seems real small since it's smaller than my GrnAppleTree Ornate hoody and that on fits pretty tight on me already. The sleeves runs short but everything else fits fine though. Let me know

Hmmm, on second thought, although you are lighter than I am, I also have 4 inches on you. Thats a lot to spread 10 pounds over. I say get the medium, especially if you plan on layering under it.

Cheers.

Are the peacoat and the duffle sized differently? I'm going to be ordering my peacoat tomorrow and still unsure if I should go for the medium or a small. Minya suggested a Medium, but after looking at the pictures of Neuman in his medium and the fact that I'm about 15 pounds ligher and about 3 inches shorter, I'm thinking I should cop a small.

Are the peacoat and the duffle sized differently? I'm going to be ordering my peacoat tomorrow and still unsure if I should go for the medium or a small. Minya suggested a Medium, but after looking at the pictures of Neuman in his medium and the fact that I'm about 15 pounds ligher and about 3 inches shorter, I'm thinking I should cop a small.

I just got the peacoat in small, i'm 5'11" 135 and it fits perfectly. Unless you have a chest that's a lot bigger than 36, i'd say go for it.

Seems like the W+H stuff are made long.

I don't think so, I am just 5'11", and both medium slim fit hoodies I have and the medium shawl collar (by far my favorite piece this year - I see it getting a lot of use) hits just at the belt line.

Ruach: I agree ithe Minya, the small looks good. I mean, the XS would look good too, but it would have been a really different look, y'know?

I just got my W+H slim fit hoodie in the mail from Uncle Otis.

I doooo love it but I think I could have easily fit into an XS if I were able to find it.

wh1.jpg

wh2.jpg

i think it fits you perfectly! i think the tighter is better doesn't translate everywhere, and its a nice fitted by not scuba gear tight fit.

Turns out famous friends is sold out of the smalls in black, and black pinstriped. Now on the hunt to find a stockist, but I have a feeling most are sold out. Anybody know for sure any places that have the peacoat or duffle in Black (or navy) in a small? I'm going to be calling stockists tomorrow, but wondering if anybody could hook me up with a place that has it for sure.

Turns out famous friends is sold out of the smalls in black, and black pinstriped. Now on the hunt to find a stockist, but I have a feeling most are sold out. Anybody know for sure any places that have the peacoat or duffle in Black (or navy) in a small? I'm going to be calling stockists tomorrow, but wondering if anybody could hook me up with a place that has it for sure.

pretty sure Nomad should have 1 or 2 peacoats/duffles left in a Small. not sure what colors, though. black is a possibility.

Just a comment: the W+H duffel is incredible. Those considering it should not hesitate. It's comfortable, well-made, warm and it's pretty much impossible not to look like a badass while wearing one.

Also: since it seems most shops are re-stocking, if anyone sees a solid black shawl (not tiger fleece; I want the one Steven Alan was stocking), point me to it. I want.

Just a comment: the W+H duffel is incredible. Those considering it should not hesitate. It's comfortable, well-made, warm and it's pretty much impossible not to look like a badass while wearing one.

Also: since it seems most shops are re-stocking, if anyone sees a solid black shawl (not tiger fleece; I want the one Steven Alan was stocking), point me to it. I want.

Steve Alan was stocking the tiger shawl. Note that this years tiger doesn't look much like last year's. This year's tiger is more uniformly flecked, and the flecks are smaller, so that the overall appearance is not unlike a Donegal tweed. I think that the soild shawls were only available in Japan.

I've been praising my W+H pinstripe peacoat that I posted photos of...but today TWO buttons fell off, just from simple buttoning and unbuttoning throughout the day!!! I was looking forward to wearing it tomorrow, but now I gotta bring it to the tailor and get ALL of the buttons re-sewn!

I've been praising my W+H pinstripe peacoat that I posted photos of...but today TWO buttons fell off, just from simple buttoning and unbuttoning throughout the day!!! I was looking forward to wearing it tomorrow, but now I gotta bring it to the tailor and get ALL of the buttons re-sewn!

i resisted pulling the trigger on that coat when i was in new york a few weeks ago for just that reason... that part of the construction felt really chintzy. (rest of the coat is amazing, though!)

this happened to mine also, i had my girlfriend re-sew them. i think it's just because they're on so loosely and have so much slack.

Steve Alan was stocking the tiger shawl. Note that this years tiger doesn't look much like last year's. This year's tiger is more uniformly flecked, and the flecks are smaller, so that the overall appearance is not unlike a Donegal tweed. I think that the soild shawls were only available in Japan.

Ah, OK. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I could always dye it...

I'm having mix feelings with the duffle coat I'm buying from W+H. I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I don't dress up at all, matter of fact I hate it. I prefer to wear streetwear hoodies and sneakers, nice denims, nothing too loose of course. I don't like wearing real skinny denims or tight t-shirts because it's uncomfortable. Anyway, I went to HUF SF today and saw they had the peacoat for sale, I tried on and had a mix feeling about it. I'm around 5'7, 145lbs. I tried on the large peacost which fits fine, slightly loose, semi-snug compared to the medium but relatively a good fit. I went ahead and tried on a medium to compare, the coat fits very snug around the chest area. All I had was a t-shirt underneath and I could barely get it in. Anyway, after trying it on I'm a little hesitant on spend $300+ on the duffle coat because I don't think I'll wear it enough. I do like the jacket but I don't feel like I'll be using it as much as I want. The style of the coat definitely looks more grown, should I buy it anyway even though I'll probably wear it less than the hoodies I have now or just buy a M65 jacket instead? The main reason why I want the duffle coat is because of the hoody and because it looks clean.

you just gave yourself enough reasons not to get it. but i guess you want it anyways coz you are askin in this thread i bet most member in this thread will tell u to get it since they love it ill say go with a nice m65 it fits your steez more

you've fallen victim to what's called the hypebeast syndrome. 23 page threads of a brand you know practically nothing about, except through this website, shouldn't be a reason a duffel coat should exist in your closet.

like tm says, it ain't your steez so find something you actually like, unlike the others here who think it's their ticket into the cool guy club when they're actually a few years too late (READ: forum registration date)

I'm having mix feelings with the duffle coat I'm buying from W+H. I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I don't dress up at all, matter of fact I hate it. I prefer to wear streetwear hoodies and sneakers, nice denims, nothing too loose of course. I don't like wearing real skinny denims or tight t-shirts because it's uncomfortable. Anyway, I went to HUF SF today and saw they had the peacoat for sale, I tried on and had a mix feeling about it. I'm around 5'7, 145lbs. I tried on the large peacost which fits fine, slightly loose, semi-snug compared to the medium but relatively a good fit. I went ahead and tried on a medium to compare, the coat fits very snug around the chest area. All I had was a t-shirt underneath and I could barely get it in. Anyway, after trying it on I'm a little hesitant on spend $300+ on the duffle coat because I don't think I'll wear it enough. I do like the jacket but I don't feel like I'll be using it as much as I want. The style of the coat definitely looks more grown, should I buy it anyway even though I'll probably wear it less than the hoodies I have now or just buy a M65 jacket instead? The main reason why I want the duffle coat is because of the hoody and because it looks clean.