Ran into a superfuturian on the street!

mizanation

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to start a superfuture meet-ups thread, where superfuture'ers all over the world meet up with people in their respective areas, selvedge held high.

Everyone just needs to meet up in Osaka or Tokyo (the denim capitals of the world).

I was in one of the Jersey Uniqlo locations yesterday looking around as usual and talking to this girl that works there because she sees me in there all the time, when this guy wearing Samurais passes by me.Eventually he comes up to me and asks me if I post on Superfuture and it turns out to be AlmondCrush from the contest. So we talked about the contest Sammies for a bit (which looked awesome by the way,never seen Samurais in person till then) and some other stuff but I was kinda in a hurry so I had to keep it short. Figured I'd post it.

Oh yeah AC...hope I didnt come off rude I was a in a little bit of a hurry.

I've practically never seen anyone wearing anything even above APC-level raw denim. I'm pretty sure I saw someone down in OB wearing some japanese denim, but I didn't get a good look.
Sounds like Japanese denim is fairly common in the NY area at least. Here in London I have N*E*V*E*R seen anyone wearing any canes, samurai's etc. We need a BIG big time :D

I've seen nudie and dior in London and a guy last week wearing raw edwins, but that's about it.

• 2 weeks later...

my buddy is in a band and they played a show last night up in philly, i called him around 6 to see what time they played, he said 9:30ish so I rolled up to Johnny Brenda's at 9:30 and they're in the middle of their set so I only end up seeing them for like 10 minutes. I head over to the bar and order a yard's philly pale ale, which is very delicious for only $3, and I turn around to find my buddy as he's breaking down his set as I hear...

"are those the contest samurais?"

I have to kind of double take as no one has ever asked me about my jeans before other than my brother, and I say

"yeah they are"

the guy says....

"superfuture??"

and I sheepishly reply yes....

So...that's how I met mcflip at johnny brenda's last night. good meeting you man.

hahaha, yeah my GF was like "do you know him?" and I explained what that was all about and she said, "oh jesus. That place where people refuse to wash their jeans and post pictures of dude-ass all the time?" which sadly was a fairly apt description.

Definitely nice meeting you too.

hahaha, yeah my GF was like "do you know him?" and I explained what that was all about and she said, "oh jesus. That place where people refuse to wash their jeans and post pictures of dude-ass all the time?"

lol. I guess I'm not the only one with an ignorant gf

my trip was awesome, greentea. you can see the play-by-play on the "which jeans to take to thailand" thread. i'll post pics there soon.

btw, in a very, very, very crowded bangkok wholesale market, i ran into a guy i knew from superfuture. he's a big denim manufacturer from thailand and posts here sometimes. it's like a one in a million chance that i would run into this guy. we had only spoken to each other via email...

I think I ran into kixslf today at school, I've never actually talked to him in person before but we have messaged each other before so I know he wears Diors.

* kixslf taps me on the shoulder *

me: Hey whats up?

kixslf: Sick Diors man.

* me Being surprised that someone at my school actually knows what Diors look like *

me: Thanks man

* I look down to see Diors on him too *

me: Hey you too

And that was it, I think we were both in a hurry so there was no "do you get on superfuture talk".

I've actually had a very similar experience...in Uniqlo...again.

I was just looking around and some guy in a Supreme tee and (black?) Diors happens to be looking around in the same area so I just casually said..."Nice Diors man." He just kinda looked at me and said "Thanks." No future talk though.