Ran into a superfuturian on the street!

mizanation

This has already been told in the Addicted thread, but I'm gonna tell my version.

I was at Dean and Deluca (NYC cafe) taking a piss. My friend was outside waiting for me. There is a mysterious guy outside who is staring at my friend. My friend asks him, "Do I know you?" The mystery guy replies, "Is your friend Ryan? (my government name)"

When I step out onto the street, my friend says, "Hey, this guy is your friend."

I don't recognize him at all, should I know this guy?

Then the mystery guy says, "I am Chicken."

It all makes sense now. We then spend a few commenting on Chicken's SD-003's and special edition Jack Purcell's.

You know you got it bad when you recognize people from Superfuture by their selvage denim. It was truly a Superfuture moment...

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then the mystery guy says, "I am Chicken."

that line really made me laugh...

hahahaha! "i am chicken"

oh man. good stuff.

hahahahaha!

if chick'n doesn't already have a sig...

"i am chicken"

hear him cluck

lolzors

i've never seen a superfuturian in person------------OR HAVE I?

dunt dunt duuuuuuunnnn............

Guest Fade to Black

ahaha YES the Star Trak/Trek sign...shit if i ran into any of you guys i'd definitely throw that shit up.

I've never met any superfuturians in person, but i met a few people from TFS and a few Dior Homme MSN group members have apparently spotted me on the street from far away.

Man this shit can get scary though...having posted a pic on the internet, especially a place as open as a message board, when some people you don't know are kinda sizing you up for a bit longer than normal on the street, tends to breed paranoia and suspicion. Maybe not for everyone but I know i always got an eye over my shoulder, usually in boutiques and shopping heavy areas.

having posted a pic on the internet... tends to breed paranoia and suspicion. Maybe not for everyone but I know i always got an eye over my shoulder, usually in boutiques and shopping heavy areas.

speak! i get paranoid as shit these days...

thanks superfuture!

what's it like being super-celeb, miz???

btw, on my lunch break, i couldn't believe it but i saw a dude wearing a pair of AI-001s. the stitching, the slub and the color were a dead giveaway. anyways, he was walking with his girl so i didn't say anything.

if anyone was walking on water street in the financial district wearing a pair of AI-001s, you were supernoticed.

well, i'm at the BiG store a lot, so there's a possibility we might run into each other. i'll keep a look out for 5ep's!

depending on the mood, i am wearing my PBJ XX-005's or SC 1947s or my Samurai S5000BK's. :)

shoes might be my all black chuck taylors or my alden cap toe shell cordovan boots.

i usually rock plain shirts. gonna pick up a loopwheeler when i go to japan this year....

A little OT, but has anyone here been photographed on the street?

This one girl totally caught me of guard in SoHo ( I think she was Chinese). She asked to take my picture and I was assuming that it was going to go into a blog or magazine or seomthing... but afterwards, she just said it was "just for her". I didn't quite know what to make of that. The weirdest part was that she took a picture of my crotch (for the lap fade, I guess? I mean, I do have a 12 inch dong and all, too, of course.)

So if anyone randomnly sees a pic of a Asian dude in a blue New Era with a red plaid pearl snap shirt and some SC 1947s... let me know.

When I was in Miami, I got stopped on the street to get photographed of my outfit by some girl, I didn't care to ask what it was for. In NYC my friend got stopped and photographed for STREET magazine.