Recent Purchases 2013

e0d9n0b5

Sad thing is I was trying to hunt these down for quite a while and now when I finally got them it seems that they are half size too big.. thought I can get away with sizing up half size in these but apparently I can't :/

i remember making that wierdo graphic when i interned there. there was also supposed to be a 'loco' shirt in the same style

Lol. Interns making graphics for major brands for chumps to buy on sufu. Love it. The world has come full circle.

I love the arguments people make up to justify the ridiculous price tags on some items. You're shoving Hiroki's rhetoric a bit too harshly down your throat.

I'm not saying V hiking shoes were first... I didn't state anything of that sort. They are based/ inspired by a shoe with very long history and rich tradition. I'm just saying they are the best looking ones offered nowadays. Also the precision with which they've been created and materials that have been used are the best. I did my research some time ago and the only ones that were (in my opinion of course) as great as Moncler V's were the old ones- 30, 40 years old.

I don't have any issues with price tags of things I buy. If I think they are worth it, I go for it, if I think they are overpriced (in my opinion, because that's very relative), I don't buy them. This being said, there is absolutely no reason for me to justify anything once I purchase something. For me the nicest ones out there are Moncler V. If I find nicer ones and I can afford them, I'll be happy to sell Moncler V ones and move on, regardless of the brand.

Instead of false accusations of me being one of blind H followers, you can make your case by showing hiking shoes made with more care for the detail / made of better fabrics / simply better looking shoe in your opinion, I'm curious what would you come up with.

Can't pitch in with concrete examples because hiking boots are a model which i couldn't care less about. They are aesthetically talking extremely unattractive and they are one of the worst fads in fashion right now. I can tell you though that those danner boots in this thread are miles better looking and most likely a lot better constructed than any visvim footwear will ever be.

I clicked your sales thread, I am not making a false accusation of you being a blind Hiroki follower, you are one.

I don't have any issues with price tags of things I buy. If I think they are worth it, I go for it, if I think they are overpriced (in my opinion, because that's very relative), I don't buy them. This being said, there is absolutely no reason for me to justify anything once I purchase something. For me the nicest ones out there are Moncler V. If I find nicer ones and I can afford them, I'll be happy to sell Moncler V ones and move on, regardless of the brand.

Instead of false accusations of me being one of blind H followers, you can make your case by showing hiking shoes made with more care for the detail / made of better fabrics / simply better looking shoe in your opinion, I'm curious what would you come up with.

Edited by Egpt

Can't pitch in with concrete examples because hiking boots are a model which i couldn't care less about.

Then what exactly are you doing if not pitching in? And your attitude.. to throw in an extremely biased opinion on the matter you have no idea about, it's a bit hard to take you seriously. And not only that- you're usurping the right to throw one-sided judgements of what is aesthetically attractive and what's not..throw "in in my opinion", "for me", etc from time to time.

As for the shoes, it's not a fad- these shoes were around for 100+ years now and one of the reasons is that for some it's not a fashion choice but rather a necessity. But yeah, you'd definitely find something much more appealing than hiking shoes for my local weather in Poland right? It's -10 to -30 C here for 3-4 months with tons of snow, so what exactly should I be wearing in these conditions, Dior, Balenciaga, Tod's, Grenson, Tricker's, any suggestions?

Maybe try working on seeing the big picture & being a bit more tolerant, it's always a good thing to be open minded. It helps.

The fact that I buy a lot of V stuff nowadays doesn't mean that I don't have different stuff. Again, big picture man

There you are again drinking the cool-aid. I live in Finland and i could easily walk around in a pair of cp sneakers all winter and never slip or feel slightly uncomfortable. You don't need hiking shoes for any kinda of urban life you may be enduring. Necessity to have hiking shoes to navigate through a snowy winter? man, please, all you need are vibram soles or just rubber with some traction to it.

Then what exactly are you doing if not pitching in? And your attitude.. to throw in an extremely biased opinion on the matter you have no idea about, it's a bit hard to take you seriously. And not only that- you're usurping the right to throw one-sided judgements of what is aesthetically attractive and what's not..throw "in in my opinion", "for me", etc from time to time.

As for the shoes, it's not a fad- these shoes were around for 100+ years now and one of the reasons is that for some it's not a fashion choice but rather a necessity. But yeah, you'd definitely find something much more appealing than hiking shoes for my local weather in Poland right? It's -10 to -30 C here for 3-4 months with tons of snow, so what exactly should I be wearing in these conditions, Dior, Balenciaga, Tod's, Grenson, Tricker's, any suggestions?

Maybe try working on seeing the big picture & being a bit more tolerant, it's always a good thing to be open minded. It helps.

The fact that I buy a lot of V stuff nowadays doesn't mean that I don't have different stuff. Again, big picture man

And if I find hiking boots aesthetically pleasing? And much warmer than basic Vibram sole shoes?

These hiking shoes have a down-filled, padded sole which is super soft and warm. You don't like them, I get it, but come on, they are by far more practical in extreme weather conditions than any of you're other options. They are stable, warmer and it's impossible to get your feet wet in these. So in terms of practicality yeah, they are the winner. And that's not an opinion, but a fact.

On the sidenote, I don't get why you're trying to label me without any means to back it up. I'm wearing Moncler V / Gamme Bleu, Prorsum FW2010, Nigel Cabourn and some accessories from D&G FW2010 when it comes to winter apparel. And yeah, there's Visvim.

-edit-

For me being a Visvim enthusiast is totally justifiable. They offer a lot of classic/"legendary" pieces in a revamped form but with respect for legacy, heritage, tradition..it's hard to hate on that. Plus great footwear, (not all, but which brand has only great footwear?) and paying attention to detail. And cool, revamped traditional japanese wear. Overpriced? That's the usual crap from haters, I think there is no notion more ridiculous and irrelevant in fashion than something being 'overpriced'. It's fashion, everything's overpriced.

Edited by kojiro

whatever you said

Spending $$$$ on expensive stuff is cool. That's what sufu is all about. 

but your visvim purchases look atrocious and disgusting. you have a very poor taste in jawnz. 

THERE I SAID IT

-EDIT- 

LOL AT YET ANOTHER "VISVIM ENTHUSIAST"

Edited by herpsky

I don't get why all visvim dudes are so hyper defensive and angry. When you wear that shit does it make you feel all hot and bothered or some thing? ex. master13242354, Fycus (peep some other thread where he threw a lulzy tantrum against fuuma or some shit), this kojiro guy, idk i don't get it.

I don't think I've ever seen a nice/chill vis guy (except maybe that one asian guy who proxies stuff for free in the uk forgot his name) 

all the visvim fanboiz should just post in the denim forum purchases thread. does one even exist? see, i don't even know and i don't go to the denim forum. it's really a win win situation. they can just go jack each other off in privacy w/o fear of criticism. most likely  they'd receive fewer neg reps and we won't have to witness the idiotic consumption that has been plaguing this thread. 

it's the usual suspects who are kopping the dumbest visvim shit and love to post here. they enjoy arguing the virtues of it. and it is because of this, that we may deduce that they are buying simply because they're under the delusion that any visvim holds some special status (which it obviously does not). they have brainwashed themselves into thinking thus. visvim addiction/fetish.

let's be honest, while some visvim is alright, most the visvim jag-off crew who post almost exclusively in this thread, kop visvim because it's visvim. way back when, if fujiwara had lent his offices to someone else rather then nakamura, and lobbied/promoted some other shoe brand, i'm sure that all these fanboiz would be buying and advocating it (and thus not spending $ on visvim). think about it.

Edited by SSchadenfreude