Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Ideally, and I would like opinions on this. I would like to open a new thread for "Pics Only", with no comments, no rep given, updates only.

Do ypu want the first picture by Pm or uploaded in this thread?

I vote for a separate picture thread. But i don't know about no comment thing etc. I think it just would make that we wont get any comments at all on our pictures. I think it takes away the fun.

I agree with the no comments thread. It would be tough going through pages and pages of people's responses just to post and see pics. It could get very bogged down quickly.

It did get bogged down last time. I want people to post in the pics thread, and also in this thread for comments and discussion, after all you get out what you put in.

The pictures must be posted,(perhaps the new thread?) I could not deal with any more PM's :ph34r:

nah gav i have a feeling that if we have two different threads, one will get neglected. what i actually meant was beacuase this thread right now is filled with sizing questions and everything, would it be better to have a new one from the get go where all the discussions and first pictures/post will be up?

12 weeks from the start, and every 12 weeks after that. Don't worry too much if you miss one, but on the other hand (and this is for everyone) you get back what you put in. Post often, do the challenges, and share your experience.

nah gav i have a feeling that if we have two different threads, one will get neglected.

seconded. I get that pics should be posted in a picures-only-thread as well as in a pics-and-conversations-thread (this one here?), but I don´t think that would work. Plus, conversations and reactions to posted pics make for good motivators to keep on going.

They do, but they make mine, Beatle, and the judges jobs seriously fucking hard.

I love the conversation and reaction and discussion that the pics create, but sorting through it all to find pics is ridiculously time consuming. My vision is one thread for general pics, challenges and discussion, one thread for evo updates only with absolutely no comments, maybe as a sticky?

Yeh, I added up the other night that after printing costs, sampling costs, entertainment costs (web costs were kindly covered by Vincent at TDV), flying me and my family out to San Fran, and then a year later to Singapore and Jakarta, this contest will personally cost me about $15k.

Haven't told my wife that yet :ph34r:

Fuck it, I get to see a bit of the world while I'm at it, and it saves me thinking about where to go on family hols for the next couple of years :D

if you've seen some of my fit pics of the HWDC1 and HWDC2 shirts, i have sized medium in both. the HWDC2 shirt is a little bit more loose through out the shirt. when i have time i'll post some measurements if you'd like

Fuck it, I get to see a bit of the world while I'm at it, and it saves me thinking about where to go on family hols for the next couple of years :D

Eh? Scratch what I said, don't donate unless you want to pay for Mega's holidays for th next couple of years!

Yeh, I added up the other night that after printing costs, sampling costs, entertainment costs (web costs were kindly covered by Vincent at TDV), flying me and my family out to San Fran, and then a year later to Singapore and Jakarta, this contest will personally cost me about $15k.

Haven't told my wife that yet :ph34r:

All going to be worth it, Gav.

Any tips for the contestants that wearing 19oz+ in tropical country?

Since you've experienced that :D

I'd also love to see a pics only and a discussion thread. It would be a shame if we couldn't discuss stuff and all the sizing and sweating questions will stop once this contest in on track, so I'm confident the discussion won't overrule the pics in the discussion thread. The pics only thread is then the archive and easy-to-look-at-thread (if you understand what I mean).

I know its voluntary and for whatever personal reasons you have, this will be very low on priority list. This is understandable. PLEASE DONATE. We're not asking for a lot here. $10 - $20, skip your starbucks for a day or two and it's there already. have the burger itself instead of a combo/value meal, drink water. better for your wallet and waistline, those extra cents can easily be $10 over a few weeks. Organizers are putting in a FUCKload of effort and TIME into this. not for profit, but so we can satisfy our denim needs/wants/desires/happyfaptimes.. whatever, if you're part of this, you know what I mean. and last note, we know they're working there asses off being dedicated to this - just see how quickly they respond to PMs. almost instantaneously. serious guys. $10-20 extra on your $400 jeans won't break your bank. please support!

Paid my balance. I can't wait to see final sizing info, I want my pair to fit, but I'm not sure I want to commit to a super skinny fit for two years. I might go up 1 depending.

I still have a little voice in my head telling me to get a pair of 25oz 634s as well, and then make my final choice for my comp pair. I know both fits are entirely different, right now I've been alternating between Roy Rs03, IHDC4001 (I imagine the thighs will be similar to the MBB, while knee-down comparable to the 634), as well as occasionally wearing my first pair of decent denim, N&FxMomotaro skinny guys (with a leg opening I'm guessing to be like the MBB)

Maybe I'm over thinking everything, but I just want to be sure I make a choice that I'm 100% sure I'm happy with, and works well with my White's Bounty Hunters. With the double midsole, half sole, medallion cap toes, and standard edge, they will definitely fit the "heavy-weight" boots criteria.

I know its voluntary and for whatever personal reasons you have, this will be very low on priority list. This is understandable. PLEASE DONATE. We're not asking for a lot here. $10 - $20, skip your starbucks for a day or two and it's there already. have the burger itself instead of a combo/value meal, drink water. better for your wallet and waistline, those extra cents can easily be $10 over a few weeks. Organizers are putting in a FUCKload of effort and TIME into this. not for profit, but so we can satisfy our denim needs/wants/desires/happyfaptimes.. whatever, if you're part of this, you know what I mean. and last note, we know they're working there asses off being dedicated to this - just see how quickly they respond to PMs. almost instantaneously. serious guys. $10-20 extra on your $400 jeans won't break your bank. please support!

This needs to be copied multiple times, put on the front page, and read by everyone. Contest hasn't even begun and it's so obvious how much work the organizers are putting in to this competition... Not to mention their own out of pocket expenses.

Guys, thank you for your kind words. My intent is not to use HWDC funds to subsidise my travel expenses, but to pay for mini prizes along the way.

And now for the bad news....

GENERAL REGISTRATION IS NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSED

THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THOSE WEARING BYBEATLE JEANS, OR THOSE PURCHASING THEIR JEANS FROM EITHER RIVET AND HIDE OR THE DENIM VAULT (SPONSORS PERKS

:D )

How many contestants? At $10.00 a pop? Do the math. Mega and Beatle are practically working for free here! Better not be any shoulda's in the discussion forum I.e "hwdc2 shoulda done...". Pay your registration fee!!!!