Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

MR. Megatron - have you tried Red Breast irish whiskey?  Stands up to most of them and won't break the bank.  I always make sure I have a bottle of Jameson in my liquor cabinet.  An Irish friend brought me back a bottle of Jameson Gold.  I also have a bottle of the Jameson 18yr old that is beautiful stuff.  Me likes the whiskey!!

I like to drink my alcohol neat so Dark Rum has not been my fave.  I also had a nasty episode with Bundy OP rum that started off great and ended terribly. 

I have not, but I am looking for an interesting bottle for the weekend so I will check it out.

Dark rum has to be drank neat imo, Havana Club Sept Anios is king, in fact I'm gonna grab one right now.

First part of my challenge entry......there will be more.

Football skills with Tommy near the bins at the back of a hotel in Gosport.

DSC_0036_zps80c658d7.jpg

DSC_0037_zps16f0b898.jpg

DSC_0033_zpsf019a2bb.jpg

DSC_0040_zpsf51ba8b5.jpg

Red Breast is very good stuff...I'm partial to "The Irishman" cask strength myself.

I have these two on hand for the trip...a couple of favorites.

838dfb3f7ce91b08b572c5a3a4009705.jpg

Oh, my brother in law is head whiskey and spirits buyer for a large high end store...they have over 250 single malts...open for sampling!

Not trying to derail the thread into booze talk, but the Red Breast is one of the best irish whiskeys. It was in fact on a trip to ireland where I became a fan of whisk(e)y, and Red Breast together with Midleton and Jameson 18 Years were my favorites and first bottles I bought. Still, IMO they don't stand the comparison to Scotch.

Yeah Max spread the word. I think that only the Bushmills 1608 does stand a chance to defeat Irelands Whikey-honor for a decent price.

But if the price was not an issue I would drink much more from Japanese distilleries. They are really extremly well balanced and like a piece of art. I had the Suntory Yamazaki 18 Years at a tasting once and really loved it.

These days I guess the countries where it was invented AND Japan are the hotspots for the enthusiasts, just like with denim. I wonder how many Denimheads are also Whiskyheads in the land of the rising sun.

Or just like I can say in my age only: I'll become a famous sportsman in my next life,....

Part 2 of my challenge......

Photo bombed by the boss !! 

Haraki_zps8f957c31.jpg

Finally meeting up with my long term HWDC collaborator, and good friend James of OGL.

OGL_zps83b9fbbd.jpg

Not a Challenge pic nor a fit pic. This is just what I did on a cool Friday night. Busking with a local band The Tricks on a bridge in the clubbing part of town. We performed for over 2 hours, lubricating our throats with japanese beer, entertaining the increasing crowd that just sat around listening to us while drinking provision store booze.

EF92B261-DE1C-4EBD-AF73-229F5E78D6E3-551

Hi guys!

Yesterday I was out and about with my girl and our dogs, and we thought this was a good occasion for a couple of new pics and maybe also a submission for the current challenge, if you will. Here goes:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.jpg

You gotta watch your step on cow pastures, or you might end up with smelly feet…

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

That´s it for now, will try to come up with some new close-ups these days.

HWDC2 UK Meet Up Interest Check

Near where I live in Nottingham an American burger chef has opened a burger bar in a pub called the Navigation, her burgers are allegedly so good that there is a three week wait to get a slot to eat one on a weekend. I must do this....

I might do a UK HWDC meet up here is there was enough interest, I am thinking September 28th.

Let me know if you would be interested, burgers, beers, a night out.

Edited by Megatron1505

Highvoltage, where in Detroit do you live? I grew up in the Lansing area (Okemos to be exact) and it's nice to see another Michigander here.

I grew up on the West side of the city, then Wixom, moved back downtown for school, and now I live in the Waterford/White lake are.(I also lived in E. Lansing for a short time. ) My job has me covering an area from just west of Lansing to Port Huron, and South to 8 mile.

Highvoltage, where in Detroit do you live?  I grew up in the Lansing area (Okemos to be exact) and it's nice to see another Michigander here.

I lived in Detroit till I was 15. I lived off 8 Mile on Gallagher between Ryan and Dequindre.

The we moved to Houston. I used to race BMX up in Lansing.

3) The great outdoors. As we in the Northern hemisphere are fast approaching our summer time, lets get outside and see some nature.

after moving to my favourite country (switzerland) two weeks ago, i o/course had to do challenge #3 ;)

so me, my hwdc jeans and my hwbc boots went on a little hike on the last weekend...enjoy!

my destination was "Passwang"

mh7b.jpg

the first little view on the beautiful landscape

ffmy.jpg

2oca.jpg

the heavy stuff (first gen tee, jeans and boots)

gftv.jpg

8bwv.jpg

and on i went

ok6l.jpg

to cont.

Edited by ThinFinn

cont.

the trusty horses brought me to the top in no time!
zu72.jpg

one more look
v8ci.jpg

met some new friends
qmpz.jpg

32vu.jpg

on the way down again...
nnw7.jpg

...i almost stepped into some shit
1ba2.jpg

arrived at the car and called it a day!
iuo3.jpg

i really hope you guys enjoyed this along with me...was really hard to pic the right shots for y' all since i have so many good ones, but i think these right here nailed it all the way :)

cheers all!