DenimProject - The Deviants 2013 Contest

drapygo

Haha exciting times...guys, Taichi can confirm but just so you know, this is just the sample pair and the final will be tweaked! No need to analyze just yet, Taichi was just giving us a peak into the process! Fabric, threads etc will be different, so think of this as a rough draft...glad everyones discussing though, cant wait for these jeans already haha

What? That horse (based on his demeanour and eyes) is clearly an opium addict, he's just waiting for the guy to pass the pipe. You see how the horse on the left is hard at work doing what we domesticated horses to do; pull apart denim obviously. The opium addict horse on the right has no interest in that.

I may be wrong, but I believe tai-san is making a subtle comment on the 1839-1860 "Opium Wars". Very brave of him.

Keep in mind, I fully endorse opium use (18 and above) but addiction is a hellish path that should be forgotten .Perhaps why he chose a 40's cut; to say that it should be left in the past?

Wow Taichi! I'm impressed over the detailed work there! Keep it up! The jeans will feel even more special as we all get to know what details and "errors" that are put on the jeans and why :D