DenimProject - The Deviants 2013 Contest

drapygo

I'm curious to hear more about this mysterious "x" in the corner.

B_F ~ embrace the vintage baggy look! I usually size up and never worry about it. If I have to I stick the jeans in a dryer for an hour.

I hope this contest is as epic as the old school Warehouse one. I remember we even had Ryu as well as Mr. Denim Heavy Gallery guy join in. The fades were sick.

I know, I know. But strictly going by the prospective measurements, size 32 and 34 will fit me "historically" accurate through the legas the jeans don't differ that much. Both are regular straight on me. Only thing is if I have to stretch the waist a bit or if they will fall from my ass ;)

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I'm still curious how they measure the waist as it's not the same as BiG is it? I think this has already been discussed but is the general consensus that their method provides a larger measurement than the BiG equivalent? If so, by how much?

this is weird... he measures them unbuttoned? there is no relative point of measure!

If you look closely, the two red lines will be aligned when buttoned. So you'll get the same measurements.

Or am I missing something here?

Edited by Somar

If you look closely, the two red lines will be aligned when buttoned. So you'll get the same measurements.

Or am I missing something here?

They will not be aligned. Once the fly is buttoned up the red line on the right "Here' will be to the left of the red line on the left 'There' by about 1cm. Hence b_F's explanation/calculation.

^^ i know the problem, no worries.

The way Taichi measures the waist makes a bit of a difference opposed to the way we are used to measuring, it does make the waist appear slightly bigger i guess, so subtract 1 cm and you'll get your usual waist size.

I'll wait for the final measurements of the actual Green Stamp D00XX before deciding, but if i go by the current measurements i don't think it'll be a good idea to size down.

Edited by Mich

I think for anyone shooting for a finished inseam of 30 to 34 inches, which should accommodate anyone who is of normal stature, an additional 2 inches pre-soak is a good rule of thumb (+/- half an inch).

We're talking unsanforized denim that isn't slack woven, so anything beyond 5 to 7% shrinkage is unlikely.

At least, I'm pretty confident that a 32" inseam will get me around my desired 30" inseam. If I was really concerned about them being too short, I'd go 32.5". I definitely don't want to have to do a second hem and lose the roping from the initial soak, or use a 1" bitch cuff to tidy the slack length.