DenimProject - The Deviants 2013 Contest

drapygo

Not really on topic of this contest, but Devi's related, i got a pair of the D66 and put pics and measurements up in the unknown Japanese brands thread.

And Devi's do appear to be a bit undersized like Ed mentioned, so i'm pretty confident i'm taking my regular size in these.

Edited by Mich

I think for anyone shooting for a finished inseam of 30 to 34 inches, which should accommodate anyone who is of normal stature, an additional 2 inches pre-soak is a good rule of thumb (+/- half an inch).

"normal statue" - we could argue about that. I'm no hobbit and still think it's easier to start with 38" inseam raw and get a hemjob than to sew extra inches on.

Edited by Max Power

Maxpower, I'm not sure what relevance having a 38" raw inseam length has to do with my comment, or shrinkage in general.

Obviously your desired finished inseam length depends on how you want to wear them. As I have stated, I'm not planning on cuffing, and definitely not stacking. Max Power, you seem to like to have stacks and cuffs, so you may require that 38" raw inseam.

However, I think a 38" raw inseam is unrealistic, and unnecessary for the majority of us. Besides, that would drive up the material cost for the jeans when most of us would be chopping 4 inches off.

Basing shrinkage off of longer raw inseams (i.e. 38") bothers me because people will reference the maximum shrinkage (i.e. 3 inches) rather than the percentage. I'll wager that a pair of these jeans with a 33" raw inseam will not shrink down to 30", and you'll be stuck in the opposite situation with jeans that are too long.

Maxpower, I'm not sure what relevance having a 38" raw inseam length has to do with my comment, or shrinkage in general.

Obviously your desired finished inseam length depends on how you want to wear them. As I have stated, I'm not planning on cuffing, and definitely not stacking. Max Power, you seem to like to have stacks and cuffs, so you may require that 38" raw inseam.

However, I think a 38" raw inseam is unrealistic, and unnecessary for the majority of us. Besides, that would drive up the material cost for the jeans when most of us would be chopping 4 inches off.

Basing shrinkage off of longer raw inseams (i.e. 38") bothers me because people will reference the maximum shrinkage (i.e. 3 inches) rather than the percentage. I'll wager that a pair of these jeans with a 33" raw inseam will not shrink down to 30", and you'll be stuck in the opposite situation with jeans that are too long.

36 would be nice

Edited by Adit

^^ in fact, I just want (or "need") an inseam of 36" when all shrinkage is gone as I'm rather tall. I wouldn't wear them when they turn out to be below 35" washed. So, what I was trying to say is, that a longer inseam shouldn't be a criteria for anybody not to get these jeans (you can hem them, right?), but a too short inseam might be (unless you like the Hayashi look which I don't). So I say - make it wearable for everybody when it is that easy.

Dear all.

I have to apologize to you due to.... :(

we had miss the 1st rial for any reason.

One of them, the factory side miss understood fabric type for 1st trial.

They used the non shrink type one so lost the silhouette from dead stock denim.

Of course I had already feedback this bad reality to the factory side now.

We will fix and catch up any issue by next trial.

but take more a couple of weeks again.

If you can't wait more, please remove your name form the list. :sad:

sorry for trouble you.

Taichi, not a problem! I know the contestants aren't in this because they want a pair of jeans fast; we are all genuinely excited for the jeans you've envisioned to be produced and I certainly don't mind waiting a few more weeks for the final product. Thanks for keeping us posted, it's not an easy task to spec out and produce 30+ pairs of jeans in the span of a few months so please don't worry about making us wait! It will definitely be worth it :)