lets talk watches

poopie boy

I received a Boccia and Nixon watch for my high-school graduation:

41ZVrlQl2kL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

screenshot20100923at423.png

Both aren't very exclusive but now carry a lot of sentimental value and are good for different settings. The Nixon is quite functional and good for sport/recreation, the Boccia is perfect for dressed up settings (I've received a lot of compliments for it.)

I'm hoping for a Tag Heuer Carrera automatic tachymetre for my university graduation. Looking forward to snagging a Bell & Ross and Breitling once I start making some dough after graduation.

I think the sub is more timeless than the Panerai.

In 20 years the Sub will still look modern, but the Panerai will look out of date. Like a brown GMT, or oversized oval cases from the 70's....

Still a nice watch, don't get me wrong, But imo it's going to be dated.

how will a rolex look more modern? panerai's been around since fucking 1860 and people still wear it today.

it's a matter of preference and what celebrity is wearing what with people like you.

they're both timeless pieces imho.

how will a rolex look more modern? panerai's been around since fucking 1860 and people still wear it today.

it's a matter of preference and what celebrity is wearing what with people like you.

they're both timeless pieces imho.

what got up your butt? "People like you?" WTF. You don't know me, I could care less what celebrity is wearing on his wrist.

I just gave my opinion and wasn't tell someone what to do. Of course it's a matter of preference and he chose the Panerai, but felt he should have chosen another.

I still think the Rolex Sub is a clean looking watch and the Panerai is clunky.

tried on a 2 tone daytona at an AD in macau, wasnt feeling it at all. they didnt have the SS daytona.

going to try on the DSSD next, that watch is fuckin calling my name everytime i see one being displayed. pics do no justice, u gotta see that beast in person to realize how awesome it looks.

tried on a 2 tone daytona at an AD in macau, wasnt feeling it at all. they didnt have the SS daytona.

going to try on the DSSD next, that watch is fuckin calling my name everytime i see one being displayed. pics do no justice, u gotta see that beast in person to realize how awesome it looks.

i wish the dssd wasn't so big. can't swing it with my girlie wrists.

worth every penny esp. if you use / abuse your watches like i do. just make sure you find one where the 60 marker on the rotating bezel lines up perfectly with the 12 on the dial. i was lucky enough to get mine from a store that had 3 of them and 2 were a tiny bit off.

good luck and post pics!

i wish the dssd wasn't so big. can't swing it with my girlie wrists.

you must have baby girlie wrists cuz i have girlie wrists (6.25" around) and mine fits just fine... icon10.gif i think the dssd actually looks better on smaller wrists since you hardly see the bracelet (which is disproportionately small compared to the case IMO).

that doesn't look bad, but your wrist is definitely bigger than mine. the lug-to-lug is too big on me. jealous

thanks. hmmmm... if your wrists are smaller than mine then i agree. i think a 6.25" wrist is about as small as you can go on this watch. i wouldn't have gotten it if my wrist was any smaller. there's always the sub!

cheers!