lets talk watches

poopie boy

Nice pick-up akk! :)

The Milgauss is one my favorite watches. Despite the kitschy second hand, it just feels solid on the wrist and I like some of the more subtle detailing.

Not to mention, everybody's rocking a sub or a variation of the sub these days and the Milgauss just does something a little different.

I gotta say I like the Milgauss as well - tho I never tire of the sub...

Current rotation

ac014c25.jpg

keep in mind i know nothing about watches. this belonged to my dad back in the 60s or 70's, not sure. not sure of any value, though I doubt a lot, but a cool watch with some sentimental value from pop.

4859597424_774be59538_z.jpg

finally got around to getting it serviced today. the guy said it would probably only need a cleaning, which would be fantastic, if that were only the case. been slowing down and basically dies when i take it off.

You guys wanting simple black watches for cheap - you should look into Muji watches, there were a few automatics and they were like $150 when they were new a few years ago. I bet you can score one on yahoo! auctions or something

Seems like a big tease to me.

I've been hunting and hunting and hunting, and I'd love something tough and sleek, low-key, and architectural, but aesthetics and low-cost don't seem to go hand-in-hand. I've yet to see even anything 'okay' that I'd want for less than $400.

Uniform Ware Watches, less than $200

http://www.dezeen.com/2009/12/07/watches-by-uniform-wares/

dzn_Watches-by-Uniform-Wares-2.jpg

dibango: spot on. That is the one I was taking about. I think it's got a miniaturized version of the face from the Jasper Morrison muji wallclock. I am not sure if that one is automatic, but I know the one asher roslyn posted after you is indeed automatic.

I'm not normally a fan of B&R but that's a pretty damn cool design.

I haven't worn a watch for atleast 10 years and no nothing about them, wanted a simple one so i kopped a SNK807 off the bay, can i just order any nato strap to chuck on it?, it doesn't have measurements for band width or anything but its 37mm diameter. Also if anyone has recs for where to get some bands shoot me a pm. thanks.