lets talk watches

poopie boy

anyone with an opinion on tissot?

Newtrail4.jpg

this took my eye and is on the cheap. tissot classic dream. otherwise the le locle as posted above looks nice, too. both might be a touch on the thick side for me, though.

any other suggestions? budget 500:

clean, classic lines

thin

black face

leather band

what do you guys think about this watch?

so. anyone know whether you can buff out scratches in acrylic crystal? or is the watch i got last week gonna have to go to rolex for the next fuckin month. fuck me.

It really depends on how bad / deep the scratches are. People use brasso or some other polisher I think people even use toothpaste? and it works to an extent. Its worked on my old ipod screen also honestly dont know if Id do it for a rolex

Hey guys i finally decided to get the tissot classic, but i was wondering if it was possible to replace the leather strap with a steel bracelet?

i think it is available with a steel bracelet. it's easier to replace a steel bracelet with a leather band than the contrary.

@daydream I don't own this watch but I have some 5s

pros: cheap, reliable, doesn't look bad

cons: more or less precise (+/- 10-15 sec a day) depending on your luck, small diameter (37mm), shitty bracelet and water resistance.

For that price, you can't really go wrong

it is pretty small, man. 37mm. not sure about durability either, my little brother accidenally hit his against a door or something and the dial completely rotated out of place. also his rotor would hang up sometimes...

unless money is really tight i would probably spring for something a little nicer. #kanyeshrug

won't be black but you can just get a sekio SNX427K

seikosnx427431oz2.jpg

the beige isn't altogether bad. how can a seiko automatic be so cheap?

i, however, can't stand nylon bands. would a nice, black leather band clash with the watch? what are my options? chronograph only seems to have bracelets.

edit: still rueing my decision to sleep on the scvs013.

Hello watch aficionados can you please tell me what the pros and cons of the Seiko 5 SNK809 are?

I have both the SNK809 and the SNX427K

Pros: very well priced, decent lume, automatic

Cons: pretty much nonexistant water resistance, crystal tends to scratch easily

people complain of quality problems with the dial. for me, the minute hand of the SNX part of the very tip fell off and is just chillin on the inside of the crystal. b

the SNK is slightly larger diameter compared to the SNX.

Having said that. I really like them. THE SNK gets alot of wrist time. And it looks good on more than just one type of strap.

the beige isn't altogether bad. how can a seiko automatic be so cheap?

i, however, can't stand nylon bands. would a nice, black leather band clash with the watch? what are my options? chronograph only seems to have bracelets.

edit: still rueing my decision to sleep on the scvs013.

straps and bracelets are removable and can be changed...

Thank You and jeanunit for the information.

I'm probably going to go ahead and get the SNK but I was wondering if there are any better quality watches, for a little more money, that I could get that has the more or less same style as the seikos.

Any recommendations before I go ahead and purchase?

I have both the SNK809 and the SNX427K

Pros: very well priced, decent lume, automatic

Cons: pretty much nonexistant water resistance, crystal tends to scratch easily

people complain of quality problems with the dial. for me, the minute hand of the SNX part of the very tip fell off and is just chillin on the inside of the crystal. b

the SNK is slightly larger diameter compared to the SNX.

Having said that. I really like them. THE SNK gets alot of wrist time. And it looks good on more than just one type of strap.

yeah my preference actually lies with a rubber band. but i guess i can just change over from the leather.

are there any german retailers / webstores that will be selling below retail?

cheapest i can currently find is £695 from the UK.

i dunno man, but honestly you're pretty much screwed down under because shipping is gonna be really expensive either way (if the package is insured, which it should be)

and apart from the official retailer i could only find a few used ones on watch forums

sometimes Sinns pop up used and in good condition on watch sites in Japan, fairly cheap depending on how the yen can be. I bought my 356 in Japan supposedly used but it came spotless with factory-looking vinyl stickers on the crystal and stuff, along with all the legit stuff like box, papers, all the extra links, it was only like a G, and came on bracelet. In the US they come on leather and are like 1400 i believe.

No time to change to the NATO bracelet. watch looks bigger than it actually is on my wrist. Feel like a scrub posting after that Rolex. I have the same James Bond strap.

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg