lets talk watches

poopie boy

On the basis of other watches w/ better movements, probably 50-66% more $.

can you give some examples of cheaper watches with better movements? considering buying a black 100 series as a cheap watch because i have never seen a watch so cheap look that good. i rarely wear my breitling even though i love it.

can you give some examples of cheaper watches with better movements? considering buying a black 100 series as a cheap watch because i have never seen a watch so cheap look that good. i rarely wear my breitling even though i love it.

riki watanabe collection by Alba (sub brand of Seiko)

both around $150 - $170

AKQA001

akqa001-b.jpg

AAAA101

12727-1.jpg

on the same minimalist analog note, these guys are coming out pretty soon. Silicone band and bezel with interchangeable faces. I'm pretty sure these are intended for the younger crowd (swapping bands), but the price is super cheap (under $40 I think), and all made in Italy. I'm not really into them, but another option. If they took the O Clock logo off the face it'd be a step in the right direction...

Oclock.png

For those wondering about Uniform Wares 200 Series. Here's some better shots via Selectism.

uniform-wares-200-series-02.jpg

uniform-wares-200-series-03.jpg

uniform-wares-200-series-01.jpg

Unfortunately, the increase in cost from $131 (100 Series) to $285 only gets you a Swiss ETA 956.412 which is a high-end quartz movement. Really would have liked to see an auto version but oh well.

Looks like they're avail at www.uniformwares.com.

For those wondering about Uniform Wares 200 Series. Here's some better shots via Selectism.

uniform-wares-200-series-02.jpg

uniform-wares-200-series-03.jpg

uniform-wares-200-series-01.jpg

Unfortunately, the increase in cost from $131 (100 Series) to $285 only gets you a Swiss ETA 956.412 which is a high-end quartz movement. Really would have liked to see an auto version but oh well.

Looks like they're avail at www.uniformwares.com.

get the steinhart.

btw, how big are your wrists? you need big-boy wrists for pilot watches

can't get into uniform wares at all..

straddles between pretentiously minimal to child's toy watch

get the steinhart.

btw, how big are your wrists? you need big-boy wrists for pilot watches

can't get into uniform wares at all..

straddles between pretentiously minimal to child's toy watch

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEIKO-Military-24Hrs-Day-Date-Men-Automatic-Watch-7S26-/170543302871?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item27b52c48d7#ht_4622wt_913

From the SNX line but not the 427K I don't think.

Another option is the SNZG models. Personally I like the SNX without that ugly Seiko 5 logo and the slightly cleaner face.

You might check the Watchuseek sales forums as well. Do a quick eBay search for Seiko SNX and you should find a decent match.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEIKO-Military-24Hrs-Day-Date-Men-Automatic-Watch-7S26-/170543302871?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item27b52c48d7#ht_4622wt_913

From the SNX line but not the 427K I don't think.

Another option is the SNZG models. Personally I like the SNX without that ugly Seiko 5 logo and the slightly cleaner face.

You might check the Watchuseek sales forums as well. Do a quick eBay search for Seiko SNX and you should find a decent match.