superconfessional

Seriously got the closest to shitting my pants I've been since I was 2 today. Driving through the middle of nowhere on a work road loop after eating at Super Duper in SF with my subrep and just dreading what seemed inevitible. By the grace of some higher power this post wound up here and not in superawkward.

No idea when this started but I realized today that I'm a lot more attracted to older women (5-15 years older) than girls my age. I seem to get caught in random conversations with the younger moms in my office building when I hear them talking about their teens cause I look like "a really young guy to be working there"

I don't even know if this counts as a confession really I kinda assume this is not that weird nowadays, except for maybe the idea of going after married women

Any dudes in the same boat

?

uGu2E1d.jpg

...if they're a public body then there's NEVER no appeal process. if they're private then you can still berate them into going over your application again. or write to an ombudsman or industry watchdog and ask what you can do...

edit: don't give up :)

Government grant--I tentatively e-mailed her back and she basically said, 'You were enrolled in school making a movie with other students so that technically counts as a student film'. Which, clearly isn't true.

Thank you for the suggestions! I actually will do that, at least dig a bit to see if there's anything I can do to appeal it. I hope they will change their minds at least and let submit a replace film. It's such a small part of the application it's insane (the entire app. is 50+ pages).

At least it's somewhat funny because the film is about government forces tightly controlling the creation of art!

ok do you mind me asking what the department's called and which grant you're applying for? I'm happy to have a quick look into it. if it's anything like here in Aus, (screen australia) the dept is subject to govt ministerial direction so you can write directly to the minister - but they probably won't care/have enough time to really do anything about it.

if it'd happened here in aus then judicial review would be too expensive/time consuming for something like this, merits review might be an option, but going to the relevant ombudsman via an official dispute application would probs be the best option - you'd at least get advice and the ombudsman has the ability to make declarations and legal directions (ie the parties legally compelled to follow the direction or appeal to a higher body) on matters up to $100k ish (varies from ombudsman to ombudsman, but $10k would pretty much always fall in the threshold

don't know if canada is the same system but happy to have a quick look. any canada law bros able to chip in?

Canada Council of the Arts: Grants to Media Artists

I know they say somewhere they have the right to reject applications that are 'incomplete,' which is probably what they're going to do for this one. There is another opportunity at least -- in a few months I have the chance to apply to another stream, but it's still quite a drag.

Thanks for your advice, seriously, I really appreciate you taking the time. I really hate this bureaucratic kind of stuff, but I'm worried if I start making a fuss it might hinder any future efforts to get funding. The Canada Council gives out a LOT of money to Canadian artists every year (hundreds and hundreds of grants) -- so I don't want to get blacklisted this early in the game.

Edited by timber

Timber, sorry I accidentally Neg you. I'm sorry that you didn't get your grant. I just graduated from filmschool myself, but I had never have to deal with grants, because most of my work were super low to no cost and they are documentaries. The other way I can think of is find a producer that can front you some money or someone that can dedicate their time to look for the money. Another Idea is to apply for grants to Non Governmental foundations.

Anyway,

I have been spending more time inside my apartment than outside

the choices ive made in my life have pretty much lead me to a dead end financially. although this sounds sad as fuck, instead of wanting to kill myself i feel the need to want to get out there and pave my own path.

starting from the bottom trying to move in next door to Ron_el

Working on a group project for PSY 299...and I fucking suck at it. At this point in my academic career, I feel so jaded and it's hard to work with a group of type A female go-getters and having to commute an hour to meet while simultaneously not giving a shit

this happened to me last month. i'm not sure i was that drunk, but have no memory of the 4 or so hours prior to a cop finding me attempting to get into cars in a town i had never been in before. was sent to a hospital, woke up in the ER just chilling in a bed against a wall, not even in a room. insurance covered the entire ambulance ride which was like 1400. i lucked out. got a public drunkenness though.

woke up again in a super shitty motel room face down on the bed & my friend next to me equally as fucked up AND two 6' big black dudes on the far end of the room getting undressed..I remember waking up, grabbing her arm & bolting for the door. That's all either of us remember & we woke up on the beach across the street from the hotel we were staying in.

that's weird and scary as fuck

glad you didn't get raped

Edited by Vampyrvargfesten

i am about as politically 'radical' as they come but all this humanistic disdain for capitalism makes me want to go to the other extreme. one of my life goals now is to turn myself into a luxury object and live an extremely shallow life. i will find an equally shallow partner and our relationship will have an entirely aesthetic premise. hopefully people will get upset as the most cherished and mythic abstract values--love--sublimates into a meaningless series of images.

i am about as politically 'radical' as they come but all this humanistic disdain for capitalism makes me want to go to the other extreme. one of my life goals now is to turn myself into a luxury object and live an extremely shallow life. i will find an equally shallow partner and our relationship will have an entirely aesthetic premise. hopefully people will get upset as the most cherished and mythic abstract values--love--sublimates into a meaningless series of images.

That lifesteez, right? I cosign with you on this. We all need a 24k rose-gold Jesus piece in our lives. We deserve it.

Edited by PRC.

i just opted for perfect teeth n practice fake smiles in the lifesteez :)

Thanks, as much as id love to think I was the "target", I'm 99.99% certain I was gonna be okay. I don't think she woulda been though.

this is the real confession here. what da fuck mate? you'd love to think you were the rape target for 2 huge black guys?

Just bought a $2500.00 van for $650.00 cause the leaf spring hanger is rotted away. The part costs $40.00, takes 4 bolts & 1hr to swap & I knew it but since the dude wasn't straight forward w/ me about it I left him in a position where he would have to drive it 60 miles back unsold or take the hit & get rid of it.

I feel kinda like a Dick for cutting his throat on the sale but that's life I suppose.

coulda at least gave him a coupon code for tres bien shop