superconfessional

no one knows, police have taken her phone and are hacking all of her social network stuff to try and find a clue

we have a really high teen suicide rate here, but this girl was not even close to being on any radar of concern

It feels like I ever only write in there when I am a bit tipsy but didn't go out or overboard at home. Nvm I used to post more on superconfessional some times ago.

Recently, after graduating, moving to yet another country, spending a month in S-E Asia, I moved to a city where I didn't know the language (again), and got on to what adults are supposed to do, find a job and pay taxes. I quickly found one, which then quickly turned into a part-time, while the internship I had into an unpaid fulltime internship, which I had to refuse, and now I am unemployed because I worked for some lazy people unable to handle a business.

I knew it wouldn't be easy and knew that finding an internship, a flat, and a part-time job in my first week there was half-luck, half a result of what I can do when I really want something. But now, being unemployed for the first time of my life and having to find an occupation again, I am starting to look down on myself and think back way too much. Money isn't even such an issue, I have been selling crap on the internet long enough to secure enough to pay rent and food, but this obviously isn't what I am after, and the sooner you start blabhblah...

This might sound stereotypical, but I started having a hard time waking up and my motivation level as decreased a lot. Either I get moving to be awarded either a crap job quickly or one that fits my degree eventually. Or I could just party and see where it brings me (that's what I plan on doing atm).

So now I have to find out what I really want to do. So far, the only answers I have are either impossible, require confidence (which I am lacking in those dire times), or to start studying for 6 years or so from scratch, Fuck that.

On the other side, I have a great gf, and I found a great flat where I live with my flatmate, soon to be replaced by the gf. Can't have it all I guess. Although, sometimes, secretly, or when I'm drunk, I wish.

Usually I would just press ctrl-a and then delete, I already toned down everything twice, but I will press the post button when I'm drunker.

I'm going to be so broke come 2013 and for the next 5-6 years. My liquidity is going down at least 50% as I'm looking to defer 100% to all available IRA's. Not sure whether to be happy since I'll be saving for a home, or be sad and see my disposable income basically drop 98%. Plus, paying off student debt.

It is the biggest commitment I can think of after 1.5 years out of school. Hopefully this pans out like I am thinking and when I got a place called 'home' I can devote more time to what I like doing, on the side. Have a room dedicated as my "studio" ...

Got to figure other shit out in the meantime. What to do with career? How do I smile more at work? I think it's just stress and the unpaid overtime (salary position).

:(

Well I used a quick online loan calculator and at the rate I am paying back I'll be done in 3.5 years so within the 5-6 years of my savings, also saving myself about $13,000 in interest, which is 1 year worth of Simple IRA max contributions with 1k I can deposit into a Roth.

My co-workers are weary of signing up for the Simple IRA and suggested I pay off my loan first since the interest is higher than what I can make on average in a mutual fund portfolio. I mean if I was living on my own currently I would be in some definite hardship so I guess not being on my own at the moment is something I should be grateful about.

FWIW if I can earn on avg. 6% on some moderate to aggressive portfolio allocation, max out a Simple IRA and Roth = $17,000 for 2013 [and who knows if it will go up again for '14, '15 etc...] I can save up almost ~90k+ in which 50% can be loaned out for a down payment.

That's how I figure :3

I guess I can also aggressively pay off the debt then delay the savings...but since it's just government loans and I rather not eat the extra 13k, it seems to work out...AMIRITE??

Edited by gettoasty

this has been a really really really rough year for me. alot of failures, emotional discontent. somehow i got through it and i feel like its made my faith even stronger. despite doing through all of that nonsense, i still have hope for the future, a bigger picture. idk i guess im hitting those really defining years of your 20's phase

After a year-and-a-half of stalking this one girl at school with notes and other random stuff, I finally revealed myself to her and apologized. I'm surprised she actually showed up. I couldn't go that route anymore and grew tired of it. I was going nowhere. I feel relieved. She actually seemed cool with it too, but still I could see it affected her.... Finals is next week and I think I'm closing this year on a positive note. Hoping for a good 2013!

I sometimes wish we could have moderated, rational discussion about current events, politics, policy, etc on here. It's fun sometimes to discuss some heavier topics with people, it's how I refine my position on things and become more educated. But I understand it would inevitably be derailed into a rabbit hole of racism, homophobia, ignorance and whatever else anonymous people tend to bring to the table.

I sometimes wish we could have moderated, rational discussion about current events, politics, policy, etc on here. It's fun sometimes to discuss some heavier topics with people, it's how I refine my position on things and become more educated. But I understand it would inevitably be derailed into a rabbit hole of racism, homophobia, ignorance and whatever else anonymous people tend to bring to the table.

dude i feel if you ignored the few woogies and co in here you could have a pretty decent discussion.

Finally becoming happy with my body. Took a little while, but it's all been worth while. No longer am I the fat or chubby dude in the group. It feels really good to just look better, but I also know I probably extended my life by losing the weight.

congratulations, :D

just for lulz, if you're hanging out with sufu dudes, you're probably still the fat guy dude in the group.

edit: i'm the fat guy in my group. need to take a page out of your book.

Edited by wahwho11

i'm trying to help plan a party for new years; have had two different friends offer to host at their place, one is bigger (i think) and probably more conveniently located, but that friend and roommates are completely awful at planning things, and just being on top of what's going on in general. not sure what to do, and it's really frustrating. might just jump ship and let them be useless by themselves.

Been writing for a website/magazine for about two months, nothing huge but definitely good for experience. The Editors in Chief call me up, tell me they like my work and say they want me to jump ship and work on a new project with them that they are more focussed on. It's flattering and unexpected, I say sure - from what I've been told about the new project, it's closer to what I see myself doing in the future. They say my duties at the first job are suspended so I can focus on the new project with them, and they'll be having meetings with the 10 or so people they plucked from the original site to work on concepts and angles, etc.

Thing is, that was a week ago, and the editor who I am directly under (who the heads say will take the reigns at the first project) doesn't seem to know ANYTHING about the new project. She offered a few stories to chase up when I've been told I'm not writing for them any more. She's been directly responsible for a heap of great opportunities for me, so I feel like I owe her - but it seems like the heads, who have offered me a position with a lot more creative leeway and responsibility, are leaving her high and dry. Not sure it's my place to tell her, either. Stuck between wanting to progress and feeling like I have more dues to pay; guess we'll see how it pans out, just hope I haven't inadvertently landed in some bitch shit.