superconfessional

Haha, I like how for whatever reason he decides to put his arms on the treadmill (at the end of the video). Something similar happened to my friend at the gym recently. He was preoccupied with watching the TV, and ended up falling off the treadmill, then while scrambling around put his body back on it and flew off again.

does julzkind's life somehow progress 400X faster than anyone elses on here? holy shit woman.

yeah, arabs dont like to wait... and i concure.

not to hate on your city jane. but i chilled with some Dallas folk this evening, and my lord! how some hyper privledged kids growing up in affluent neighborhoods can fuck them selves up.

i know right :confused: :confused: :confused:

some wierd emo kid who has loaded parents who i hung out with when i was like 13,

got mixed up in some drug scheme and his friend got shot and he got somehow blamed and he was going to get into bigtime trouble until his uncle who is 'some guy' got him off the hook

im just like wtf??

Woman's's are yu marriedss?

yessir, check waywt kid!

do he got the ... size ? spill the beansss julz. =P

;) i wouldnt be getting married if he didnt...

was it an arranged marriage?

nah, its love...i wouldnt be happy if it was arranged. we met through mutual friends tho.

welcome to the club cindy
I am afraid that I will never speak to my Father again. I want to, but I also refuse to give him the relief.

i (justifiably) shut my mom out of my life... and then she died ... out of the blue.. a few months later. although it was justifiable of me, i couldn't possibly feel any worse about the decision i made. in the end, the little, and even the terrible things, don't matter as much as we think they do at the time. i would do almost anything to be able to talk to my mother for just 2 seconds now.

ETA - btw, i don't know if this matters or not... but I wasn't some brat who did it out of spite - my mom was a drug addict and didn't have many redeeming qualities at all - but ... none of that matters now, I just wish everything had been different. and although I couldn't change her, if I could go back, I'd change myself... no matter how unfair it seems at the time.

i am very sorry to hear that

i'm not trying to sound cold, or tell anyone how to feel, but...i think that 'live each day like it's your last' stuff is terrible advice

i think it's almost a relief that you never know when that day might come

i would be perfectly content if my last day involved showing up to work a few minutes late, getting some stuff done, having a decent burrito for lunch, maybe swinging by the gym at the end of the day, watching fifteen minutes of sportscenter, posting some (attempted) lulz on sufu, tossing my jawnz in the corner like i always do, reading whatever magazine i have by the bed at that time, and then turning out the light

i'm lucky enough to have a pretty good relationship with my folks (who are still together), and i think a last conversation with them that didn't involve much more than work, the weather, and a quick 'love you too' would be good enough

not every moment needs to be like something out of a movie

ime it's about appreciating the small stuff after the fact

it takes living on your own for a while (college does not count) to really appreciate them, ime

pops was my worst enemy from the end of high school through the middle of college

now we good like that

also, not everyone has parents worth appreciating

sometimes it's ok to recognize that and stay mad at them

For what it's worth, my mother-in-law is a drug addict and it is ridiculously difficult to have a meaningful relationship with her. The addiction has really flared up in the last five years, so I knew her when things were "normal." It's heartbreaking to remember how things were vs. how they are today. In my experience with addicts, as that disease progresses it becomes very hard to have a meaningful relationship. Their soul is dying very slowly.

of course it's ok to recognize it and keep your distance to a comfortable degree, but it i just meant that in the end, you do yourself a disservice to actively stay angry and completely shut them out.

in retrospect, i see that this only brought more stress and negative energy into my life, and in the end once nothing matters anymore and they're gone forever... the regret will never leave you, no matter how justifiable it feels at the time.

the feeling of not being able to see your parents ever again, no matter what ... is very different from the feeling you have when you make the potentially reversible choice of shutting them out.

@ cash - you're right 100%. my mother was a total addict, bankrupt, leeching from family, etc... but still, if i could do it again, i'd still call her and tell her i love her on a semi-regular basis ... instead of trying to pretend she didn't exist, so that she wouldn't hurt me anymore.

i should stress i am not trying to give advice, because everything is subjective and advice is therefore pointless, just sharing my own personal feelings.

/posting

yes, you're right that the negativity is a problem in itself

also, i haven't experienced any of this shit firsthand so maybe i should stfu

i guess the point was it's ok to forgive yourself for not forgiving them, if that makes any sense...

I fully understand that it isnt doing anyone any good to keep him locked away, but I truly can't justify speaking with him either. It's this bizarre duality: I want my dad back so badly and I miss him terribly. The fact that we've been seperated like this has been eating me constantly for months now

but at the same time, the person who I know is there now isn't who I thought my dad was, and I really dont think I want anything to do with this new person.

Its stupid because he hasnt even done anything that unheard of, but it is just so shocking and repulsive to me that I can't imagine ever getting over it...