superconfessional

i'm thinking about learning to produce some hiphop beats or something. I really like instrumental hip hop and pressing buttons, but to be honest I have no real musical background.

Would it be too hard of a task to tackle? I'd settle for nothing too serious, just dabbling in it for fun. Right now that looks like something along the lines of FL Studio and an MPD24. Would I need anything else other than that?

And should I even go along with this? :|

Download Reason first and have a mess about.

i am seriously freaking the fuck out cos my laptop crashed yet again (after 2 months of repair for the same damage). I'm graduating in less than 70 days and i have a presentation in 5 days, web page template to do in 4 days. 2 product renderings to do by 15 days and i have no fucking software on any of the computers at home for me to do all this shit! worst of all, all my files are still in my laptop. fuck this shit... i'm so fucking dead.

later when he cooled down plus my mom found out..she called me back home and we just sorta forgot about it/ignored it like we always do..

before I got sick and there was a possiblity of death my dad and I fought like cats and dogs..

this is seriously the asian way. i remember being younger once and my dad and i got into an argument but it was awkward and i remember thinking "we should talk this out." but then things went back to normal. i also used to be a tough cookie when i was younger. never stand down!

this is seriously the asian way. i remember being younger once and my dad and i got into an argument but it was awkward and i remember thinking "we should talk this out." but then things went back to normal. i also used to be a tough cookie when i was younger. never stand down!

I remember trying to talk to my parents about arguments we'd get into but they would always avoid it or get angry again and we'd argue and get no where..I'm trained to just forget it and not talk about it

I don't think I ever heard my dad or mom apologize..

I remember trying to talk to my parents about arguments we'd get into but they would always avoid it or get angry again and we'd argue and get no where..I'm trained to just forget it and not talk about it

yeah it sucks. i feel like thats a huge impediment between the relationship with my parents and i, our inability to "talk it out". i think now that im older, my mom and i are better at it. i just tip toe around my dad making sure to watch what i say. but if shit gets crazy i will not hesitate to start getting loud at my dad. don't get me wrong, i totally love my parents but when people are acting dumb you have to let them know.

definitely gets easier as you get older..it's been so long since the last argument I don't even remember what we used to argue about..

but it's still difficult to talk and I prefer not to rock the boat since he basically leaves me alone I do the same except every now and then we have a family outing/gathering

yeah it sucks. i feel like thats a huge impediment between the relationship with my parents and i, our inability to "talk it out". i think now that im older, my mom and i are better at it. i just tip toe around my dad making sure to watch what i say. but if shit gets crazy i will not hesitate to start getting loud at my dad. don't get me wrong, i totally love my parents but when people are acting dumb you have to let them know.

I will say that Asian parents are that way too regarding love. Everything my parents have ever done, my mother especially, they have done with their children and the family in mind. Asians don't express their love verbally but instead through actions. It's easy to forget this sometimes because their gestures of love are not overt.

My sister got into a big argument with our parents about her upcoming wedding, and I think she was surprised when I generally sided with our parents. The wedding is still a long time off (maybe more than a year--she is recently engaged), so there is a lot of time for things to be resolved.

I am in general very respectful toward my parents and their wishes; my friends are always very surprised at the way I behave around my parents because I am normally very combative and forthright. Around my parents, however, I am deferential and polite. That said, my parents put up with a lot from me (I went to college on a full scholarship to study engineering and liberal arts but dropped out of school for a while to travel around the country and gamble, for example, throwing away my scholarship in the process), so it's definitely been an ongoing process for all of us. As I've gotten older, though, I've come to understand my parents' side even more. Not everything needs to be spoken, and some things are the way they are. Not everything needs a reason. If you don't agree with something your father says (and heaven knows I don't agree with everything my father says), there is no reason to always call him out on it; the world is wide enough for both cosmologies to exist.

But in general, I guess our parents became who they are for a reason. They're not stupid; and I think that a lot of the old ways (of filial piety, for example) have a lot to recommend them.

I've been using the excuse that I haven't really tried to promote myself to excuse my lack of freelance work. Xmas was my excuse for not promoting myself and after 2 weeks of jury duty starting monday, I have no excuses and I'm bricking it a little bit!

I've always been intrigued by other people's parents. My parents hate kids (I inherited it) and consequently always treated me as an adult. They were more like older friends. If I got in trouble they would just make fun of me instead of like... punishment. I was certainly never grounded. I got arrested in high school and all my dad did was shake his head and call me a dumbass.

My older sister was more like a parent to me than my parents were.

I'd always ask why other kids would tolerate parental control. Things like curfews or no same sex sleepover rules were always foreign to me.

I guess you can all tell I'm not asian huh?

I've always been intrigued by other people's parents. My parents hate kids (I inherited it) and consequently always treated me as an adult. They were more like older friends. If I got in trouble they would just make fun of me instead of like... punishment. I was certainly never grounded. I got arrested in high school and all my dad did was shake his head and call me a dumbass.

My older sister was more like a parent to me than my parents were.

I'd always ask why other kids would tolerate parental control. Things like curfews or no same sex sleepover rules were always foreign to me.

I guess you can all tell I'm not asian huh?

My parents never tried to be my friends, and I never really understood or even felt comfortable around my friends whose parents treated them as such. I think there is an advantage to such a delineation, as then there is no conflict of interest.

Some of my friends' parents were perhaps too authoritarian or disciplinarian, and they ended up getting into all kinds of trouble. There is a fine line to walk, but I think it begins with the mutual understanding that parents understand and know more than children think and that children are much smarter and more aware of things than parents think.

just minutes ago i came upon an adolescent water-bug of sorts playing in my bathroom sink. i doused him with the contents of a cheap pump bottle lotion, from a decent height ( i'd say 16-20" above the target) until he was unable to move. i then took out my member (what i came here to do in the first place) and re-lieved myself all about his prone, well moisturized body.

success.

looking back, i wish i'd found him in the toilet instead.. .

just minutes ago i came upon an adolescent water-bug of sorts playing in my bathroom sink.

i was about to post a joke about this until i finished the post. now i don't know what to do.

Salaami is the nicest person ever, and I love him.

just minutes ago i came upon an adolescent water-bug of sorts playing in my bathroom sink. i doused him with the contents of a cheap pump bottle lotion, from a decent height ( i'd say 16-20" above the target) until he was unable to move. i then took out my member (what i came here to do in the first place) and re-lieved myself all about his prone, well moisturized body.

success.

looking back, i wish i'd found him in the toilet instead.. .

I always had an irrational fear of crawly things. My father knows this; once when I was young, he came home from work one day and called me over to him.

"Lan! Come here and look at this."

He held out his hand; in it was a grape stem wrapped in a napkin. I looked closed, and he opened his fingers. It wasn't a grape stem at all! It was a lizard's tail. Attached to a lizard.

I jumped back in fear. My dad just laughed at me.

He then took the lizard and threw it in the toilet and then peed on it, laughing all the while before flushing it down the toilet.

I will say that Asian parents are that way too regarding love. Everything my parents have ever done, my mother especially, they have done with their children and the family in mind. Asians don't express their love verbally but instead through actions. It's easy to forget this sometimes because their gestures of love are not overt.

My sister got into a big argument with our parents about her upcoming wedding, and I think she was surprised when I generally sided with our parents. The wedding is still a long time off (maybe more than a year--she is recently engaged), so there is a lot of time for things to be resolved.

I am in general very respectful toward my parents and their wishes; my friends are always very surprised at the way I behave around my parents because I am normally very combative and forthright. Around my parents, however, I am deferential and polite. That said, my parents put up with a lot from me (I went to college on a full scholarship to study engineering and liberal arts but dropped out of school for a while to travel around the country and gamble, for example, throwing away my scholarship in the process), so it's definitely been an ongoing process for all of us. As I've gotten older, though, I've come to understand my parents' side even more. Not everything needs to be spoken, and some things are the way they are. Not everything needs a reason. If you don't agree with something your father says (and heaven knows I don't agree with everything my father says), there is no reason to always call him out on it; the world is wide enough for both cosmologies to exist.

But in general, I guess our parents became who they are for a reason. They're not stupid; and I think that a lot of the old ways (of filial piety, for example) have a lot to recommend them.

I agree with this post so much. Growing up I always wished my parents were more "Western" in their parenting - relaxed rules, clean and open channels of communication, nows-a-days I understand more why they did the things they did, and the merits of an Asian upbringing.

In other news, my gf is torn between her feelings for me and resurgent feelings she's having for an ex. I know the best thing I can do is to give her space and support her, but it's damn hard to not be selfish and blame her for the confusion I'm going through.

I agree with this post so much. Growing up I always wished my parents were more "Western" in their parenting - relaxed rules, clean and open channels of communication, nows-a-days I understand more why they did the things they did, and the merits of an Asian upbringing.

In other news, my gf is torn between her feelings for me and resurgent feelings she's having for an ex. I know the best thing I can do is to give her space and support her, but it's damn hard to not be selfish and blame her for the confusion I'm going through.

dude... its alrite to be selfish.. everyone's selfish to some degree..

i gave my sister my dslr for christmas.. now i want it back..