Show us your leather

aleopold

S.F.K. NATURAL SOAP for Leather æ¤éž£çš®å°ˆç”¨æ¬¾è‚¥çš‚使用示範 Part II

dsc04538h.jpg

è¶è‘—週末下åˆå¤©æ°£ä¸éŒ¯,å†æ¬¡ä½¿ç”¨æˆ‘們的 S.F.K. NATURAL SOAP for Leather æ¤éž£çš®å°ˆç”¨æ¬¾è‚¥çš‚ 將使用超éŽå…©å¹´çš„ Faith mail bag åšä¸€æ¬¡æ¸…æ´—

這個mail bag 自從完æˆå¾Œè·Ÿè‘—自己跑了ä¸å°‘地方,雖然近一年中沒有經常使用,但包包表é¢æ®˜ç•™äº†ä¸å°‘的髒污ã€æ°´ç—•ã€æ²¹æ¼¬ã€ã€ç­‰ç­‰

dsc04515p.jpg

ä¹çœ‹ä¹‹ä¸‹é«’污ã€æ°´ç—•ç­‰ä¸¦ä¸æ˜Žé¡¯,ä¸éŽç´°çœ‹ä¸‹æœƒç™¼ç¾å…¶å¯¦éœ€è¦æ¸…潔的地方真的ä¸å°‘

dsc04517g.jpg

dsc04521hx.jpg

dsc04522n.jpg

因為自己ä¸æ˜¯å¾ˆç´°å¿ƒä¿è­·çš®ä»¶çš„個性,因此使用其間皮é©è¡¨é¢ç•™ä¸‹äº†å¦‚此大é‡çš„髒污痕跡

dsc04527l.jpg

首先為了方便清洗先將背帶å¸ä¸‹

dsc04529l.jpg

接下來直接將包包直接沖水徹底打濕

dsc04531r.jpg

接著直接將皮é©ç”¨æ¸…潔皂塗抹于皮é©è¡¨é¢

dsc04533m.jpg

dsc04534yb.jpg

dsc04543au.jpg

接著å¯ä»¥è»Ÿæ¯›åˆ·ã€è»Ÿå¸ƒã€æµ·ç¶¿ã€å¾’手ã€ã€ã€ç­‰ç­‰æ–¹å¼åœ¨çš®é©è¡¨é¢é«’污處輕輕刷洗

清潔皂也會產生ä¸å°‘細密的泡沫,並且å¯ä»¥è¦‹åˆ°æ³¡æ²«çš„變色,表示清潔皂的æˆåˆ†æº¶è§£å‡ºçš®é©è¡¨é¢çš„髒污雜質

dsc04545d.jpg

dsc04546.jpg

å‡è¨­çš®é©è¡¨é¢é«’污ã€æ²¹æ¼¬åš´é‡,這個清洗的程åºå¯ä»¥å覆 2~3 次æ“作

也å¯ä»¥ç¨å¾®éœç½®ä¸€æ®µæ™‚間後å†ä»¥æ¸…水清洗效果會更顯著

dsc04547l.jpg

dsc04548h.jpg

清潔完畢後以清水將泡沫徹底洗淨,接下來先éœç½®é™°ä¹¾çš®ä»¶

dsc04553hw.jpg

çš®é©é‚„沒乾燥å‰åŽŸå…ˆçš„陳年水痕ã€ç£¨ç—•ã€ã€ç­‰éƒ¨åˆ†æœƒè¢«å‡¸é¡¯å‡ºä¾†

å¯ä»¥å¾ˆæ¸…楚地從照片中看出

dsc04555i.jpg

dsc04551ii.jpg

這個階段一定ä¸å°‘人會éžå¸¸æ“”心,感覺似乎沒效果??

ä¸å¿…擔心

等到皮é©ä¸å†æ»´æ°´,但觸摸起來ä»ç„¶æ˜¯æº¼æ½¤çš„階段,記得務必以液態的油脂(如嬰兒油類)大é‡çš„塗抹于皮é©è¡¨é¢

dsc04557ld.jpg

dsc04559k.jpg

dsc04561gi.jpg

這個階段液態的油脂會éžå¸¸å®¹æ˜“被æ¤éž£é©å¸æ”¶,åªéœ€è¦æ”¾ç½®çŸ­çŸ­å¹¾åˆ†é˜æ™‚é–“

幾乎表é¢çš„液態油脂就會完全被皮é©å¸æ”¶

dsc04562af.jpg

在液態油脂被皮é©å¸æ”¶ä¹‹å¾Œå»ºè­°å¯ä»¥é‡æ–°å†ä¸€æ¬¡ä¸Šæ²¹

接下來就是éœç½®é™°ä¹¾çš„動作

dsc04564o.jpg

上圖中袋蓋皮é©ä¸­å¤®éƒ¨ä½å¯ä»¥æ˜Žé¡¯çœ‹åˆ°é¡è‰²å·®ç•°,中央部ä½è¼ƒæ·ºè‰²æ˜¯é‚„未全乾的部分

請注æ„細看帶蓋的左上角è½åŽŸå…ˆæœ‰æ˜Žé¡¯æ°´ç—•çš„部ä½,在乾燥之後已經幾乎看ä¸å‡ºç—•è·¡

(這個水痕是剛剛使用包包還在皮é©å¾ˆæ·ºè‰²éšŽæ®µå°±å¼„到的痕跡一直都沒有處ç†ï¼‰

dsc04566k.jpg

等待皮é¢å®Œå…¨ä¹¾ç‡¥ä¹‹å¾Œå¯ä»¥å¾žç…§ç‰‡ä¸­çœ‹å‡ºè¡¨é¢é™¤äº†ä»¥å¾€ä½¿ç”¨çš„痕跡與皮é©çš„é¡è‰²ä»¥å¤–

原先的髒污與水痕跡乎已經看ä¸å‡ºç—•è·¡äº†

dsc04570s.jpg

å…ˆè²æ˜Žé€™å€‹æ°´ç—•çš„部ä½çµ•å°æ²’有軟體修飾éŽ,這是真實的清洗後狀態

å¦å¤–æ醒å„ä½åœ¨çš®é©å®Œå…¨ä¹¾ç‡¥å¾Œåˆ¥å¿˜äº†å†æ¬¡ä»¥ä¹³ç‹€ã€æ²¹è†ç‹€çš„ä¿é¤Šæ²¹å†æ¬¡å°‡çš®é¢åšæœ€å¾Œçš„ä¿é¤Š

ellitist will exist anywhere buddy , same here in sufu and they set the trend and they set what is good and what is bad . that is how life is and specially fashion. these people will be the critic / trendsetter/master craftsman. and i will respect that we have these poeple here on sufu so well have a standard . not some junk craftsman trying to rob people off theyre hard earned money .

Kinda interesting to read this post from someone that started a poll about which cut to "rip off" in order to offer a cheap alternative to high end japanese brands. Self perception is kinda off here... The rest was perfectly said by cold summer. And everybody moaning about how bad Sufu 5.0 is (i feel the same) - make a change or quit instead of lamenting all day long.

cold summer what did you get from OGL? did he make you a free wallet?

No, but I've bought a veg tan bifold, a veg tan belt, and a red short wallet. The first two I gave away as gifts after upgrading to my fancier Equus and Redmoon leather, but the quality of the OGL ones was fine, and I think it was great quality for the price I paid.

The belt I gave my friend is looking particularly fantastic, I need to take some pictures of that sometime.

Kinda interesting to read this post from someone that started a poll about which cut to "rip off" in order to offer a cheap alternative to high end japanese brands. Self perception is kinda off here... The rest was perfectly said by cold summer. And everybody moaning about how bad Sufu 5.0 is (i feel the same) - make a change or quit instead of lamenting all day long.

ehhh copying pattern is diff from copying a design right ? if you dont know that you should go back to school

Design and pattern are similar in this case...at least in my opinion. If you make a repro of a Levi's cut and put a different patch on it.... It is still a Levi's cut no matter what patch you put on.... I thought this was the show your leather page not debate your leather page

Edited by FALERBRAND

Why the Johnson and Johnson baby oil will DAMAGE my leather ?

It's a cheap mineral oil. It's not designed for leather care. If you look at the responses from the last time you posted pictures of you cleaning your wallet, you got the same advice from others. There's not much point in using the expensive, boutique natural soap and then finishing the leather off with an oil that damages the leather.

Also the greatest form of complimenting someones work is imitation. The leather washing looks very similar to the way a horsemen would wash his saddle. water and all...not sure about the oil though?

Edited by FALERBRAND

It's a cheap mineral oil. It's not designed for leather care. If you look at the responses from the last time you posted pictures of you cleaning your wallet, you got the same advice from others. There's not much point in using the expensive, boutique natural soap and then finishing the leather off with an oil that damages the leather.

Thanks ! I know the baby oil is not designed for leather care. So I use outher leather care oil after it . Same as the last time I posted pictures of cleaning my wallet .

Anyaway the baby oil is very good to take care leather after wash it , but you have to use other leather care oil after you use it .

And baby oil will not DAMAGE leather .

If you use a leather oil later, why use the baby oil at all? What benefit do think the baby oil gives? My understanding is the baby oil will form a thin layer over your leather making it less absorbent to the leather oil you put on later. You won't get the full conditioning from the leather oil because of the baby oil treatment.

Baby oil, which is a mineral oil, is produced as a byproduct of the distillation of gasoline from crude oil. Mineral oil is the leftover liquid. I don't think it's something you want to put on leather. It can clog the pores, and in some cases de-tan and weaken the leather.

I'm not one of our leather experts, perhaps one of them can chime in, but I don't see any reason at all to put a mineral oil on your leather when proper leather products aren't all that expensive.

If you use a leather oil later, why use the baby oil at all? What benefit do think the baby oil gives? My understanding is the baby oil will form a thin layer over your leather making it less absorbent to the leather oil you put on later. You won't get the full conditioning from the leather oil because of the baby oil treatment.

Baby oil, which is a mineral oil, is produced as a byproduct of the distillation of gasoline from crude oil. Mineral oil is the leftover liquid. I don't think it's something you want to put on leather. It can clog the pores, and in some cases de-tan and weaken the leather.

I'm not one of our leather experts, perhaps one of them can chime in, but I don't see any reason at all to put a mineral oil on your leather when proper leather products aren't all that expensive.

I'm appreciate you spent time to told me about this. But I'm not good in English to translate why I use baby oil !

I think baby oil is easy to assimilate before leather going to dry , so if you use baby oil before leather going to dry.

After dry the leather will not be stiff ! And you have to use other leather care oil after you use baby oil .

i'm also not seeing the point of the baby oil. Why not use the leather conditioner that's made for leathers in the first place? The leather wont dry up before you're able to apply it. Conditioners are used to to soften the leather also so I don't see why you're worried if the leather gets a little stiff after washing and drying.

I see where Marti-Mar is coming from in saying that the baby oil will form a layer on the surface of the leather and preventing you other leather care to absorb into the leather which kind of makes it seem pointless to even apply the correct conditioner.

I say stop using the baby oil all together unless some leather expert can say otherwise

I've done so many experiments with my voyej wallet, by giving it a treatment with baby oil, sun lotion, howards, cololite, even olive oil.. but it came out alright, love the red-ish texture now. still using this wallet since august 2011

383066_3895402658276_2076813415_n.jpg

the journey from first unboxing.

254683_2073728557562_7709738_n.jpg

285542_2080182398904_5664717_n.jpg

382587_2415594223990_213683779_n.jpg

Edited by biltan