Show us your leather

aleopold

Lots of these threads have evolved over the 4 years of their existence, and lots of us newer members just roll with what the theme of the most recent pages. Pretty sure most of the targeted members were not intentionally spamming the thread, they were probably excited to share their creations, regardless of it technically being the wrong thread.

That said, Im rocking Hollows Leather and Faler Brand on a daily basis, and Im fucking pumped on a daily basis because of it. Pretty soon, when my bank account settles down a bit, Ill be resting my drinks on Moonshine coasters. Thanks guys

Hey moonshine, no hate, i respect your craft.....i am just sad sufu is dying, and trying to keep my fav forum legit and honest.

Keep up the good work brother. And my post was not directed towards you.......it was a general comment ......and yes i do enjoy punching cunts

Hey guys! Been thinking about making myself a classic bifold and why not some belts for myself and family and wanted to know if you had any links helping me out on getting started with the measurements or tutorials even ?

Thanks!

Hi,

what do you guys think of the 'classical rule' to wear a black belt with black boots (and of course same with brown)?

I'm wondering because I have to pairs of black boots but only brown/tan belts.

So I'm thinking of buying a black one. Do they also age nicely?

Or as an option I'm thinking of buying a tan one, have it age and then use black shoe cream on it. Has anyone tried this?

Eagle- Well for black and brown its a rule for a good reason. Black shoes with a brown belt looks kinda ehhhh sloppy i guess.

For other colors you might be able to make it work, I could see a dark english green belt going with dark brown shoes alright as a random example. Depends on how much color you wear.

I would definitely advise against buying a natural/tan belt and using shoe polish on it for about 50 reasons. Just go with a black, if its decent leather and well kept it should age wonderfully.

Best advice though is experiment and try stuff out and go with your own style!

dsc04196s.jpg

自從發行 S.F.K. NATURAL SOAP for Leatherçš®é©é¡žå°ˆç”¨æ¸…潔皂後許多人å應ä¸æ¸…楚使用的方å¼èˆ‡æ•ˆæžœ

今天為您示範æ¤éž£ç‰›é©çš®å¤¾çš„清潔步驟與效果

dsc03640f.jpg

從第一張照片中å¯ä»¥çœ‹åˆ°çš®å¤¾ä¹…經使用後雖然表é¢æœ‰è‡ªç„¶ã€å¥½çœ‹çš„光澤

å»æ˜¯é›£æŽ© 從原皮色一路使用下來表é¢å›¤ç©çš„髒污

(本次示範清潔的皮夾尚算乾淨,有許多皮é©è£½å“髒污更嚴é‡ï¼‰

dsc04201ua.jpg

首先將皮夾完全泡入水中,讓皮é©å¾¹åº•æº¼é€

dsc04207c.jpg

接下來經清潔肥皂也打濕後在手上æ“æ‰è‡³èµ·æ³¡å¾Œå°‡æ³¡æ²«å‡å‹»å¡—抹于皮é©è¡¨é¢

dsc04209v.jpg

dsc04211w.jpg

清潔的éŽç¨‹ä¸­å¯ä»¥ä»¥æ‰‹åœ¨çš®é¢å¡—抹,或者更好的方å¼æ˜¯ä»¥è»Ÿæ¯›åˆ·ã€æµ·ç¶¿ã€æ£‰å¸ƒã€ã€ã€ç­‰è»Ÿè³ªçš„物å“在皮é¢ä¸Šå覆刷洗

軟質的軟毛刷ã€æµ·ç¶¿ã€æ£‰å¸ƒã€ã€ã€ç­‰ç‰©å¯ä»¥é¿é¢åˆ®å‚·çš®é¢

本款皮é©é¡žå°ˆç”¨æ¸…潔皂的特性是泡沫綿密ã€æ¸…潔效果強ã€æ³¡æ²«ä¸æœƒéŽå¤šã€å¥½æ¸…æ´—ã€ç„¡æ±¡æŸ“

dsc04213g.jpg

dsc04216b.jpg

在泡沫清洗的階段會看到泡沫å¸æ”¶çš®é©è¡¨é¢èˆ‡å…§éƒ¨çš„髒污而變色

在完æˆæ¸…洗後就å¯ä»¥ä½¿ç”¨æ¸…水將泡沫洗淨

若皮é¢é«’污嚴é‡ä¹Ÿå¯ä»¥å覆此éŽç¨‹ ㄧ~數次

dsc04217zq.jpg

接下來將皮é©ç€ä¹¾, 當皮é¢é‚„會滲出水分時表示還éŽæº¼,無法å¸æ”¶æ²¹è„‚

建議å†ç­‰ä¸€æ®µæ™‚é–“,或者以乾軟布將éŽå¤šæ°´åˆ†å¸æ”¶è‡³ä¸‹åœ–狀態

dsc04220l.jpg

當皮é¢è¡¨é¢ä¸å†æ»²é€å‡ºæ°´åˆ†,而以手觸摸ä»ç„¶æº¼æ½¤çš„時機是最佳的上第一次油的時間

dsc04224q.jpg

準備如嬰兒油類容易å¸æ”¶çš„液態油脂大é‡çš„塗抹于皮é©è¡¨é¢

dsc04225qx.jpg

務必å‡å‹»ä¸”多é‡çš„讓皮é©çš„所有部ä½éƒ½å¡—滿嬰兒油類容易å¸æ”¶çš„液態油脂

dsc04226c.jpg

這個階段上油的éŽç¨‹çš®é¢çš„油脂ä¸æœƒç«‹å³è¢«å¸æ”¶

建議您以這樣的狀態將皮é©éœç½®ä¸€æ®µé•·æ™‚é–“ (ä¸è¦å°‡è¡¨é¢æ²¹ä»½æ“¦æŽ‰ï¼‰

表é¢çš„油質會隨時間漸漸被皮é©å¸æ”¶,有大é‡çš„油脂å¸å…¥çš®é©å…§éƒ¨æ‰ä¸æœƒè®“çš®é©åœ¨ä¹¾ç‡¥çš„éŽç¨‹ä¸­éŽåº¦ä¹¾ç‡¥

而產生éŽä¹¾ã€è®Šç¡¬ã€è®Šè³ªã€ã€ã€ç­‰ç‹€æ³

dsc04231nf.jpg

等皮件放置到表é¢å®Œå…¨ä¹¾ç‡¥å¾Œå°±å¯ä»¥ä½¿ç”¨ä¹³ç‹€ã€æ²¹è†ç‹€ã€ã€ç­‰çš®é©ä¿é¤Šæ²¹

在皮é©è¡¨é¢å‡å‹»åœ°å¡—抹,這個éŽç¨‹çš®é©æ²¹æœƒå¾ˆå®¹æ˜“被皮é¢å¸æ”¶ã€ä¸¦ä¸”深入滋潤皮é©

å¯ä»¥å覆 2~3次 上油

也別忘了皮件邊緣處也è¦ä¸Šæ²¹

dsc04236tw.jpg

經éŽæ¸…æ´—ã€ä¿é¤Šå¾Œçš„皮件就å¯ä»¥å‘ˆç¾ä¹¾æ·¨ã€è‡ªç„¶çš„色澤

並å¯ä»¥é•·æœŸç¹¼çºŒä½¿ç”¨

最後一張照片就是完æˆå¾Œçš„æˆæ•ˆ

dsc04234tk.jpg

mourn don't organize, too.

and my friend gave me his old LGC wallet that he never used. It feels like a $60 wallet, I'll say that much.

My knowledge is limited, but from what I know I don't think it is advisable to soak your leather like that. You might just wash out the tannins in the leather causing your leather to deteriorate if done multiple times.

But anyway nice wallet. Love the yellow stitching and edging. Would have preferred to see some english though.

I got some unknown stain on my angelo's wallet and was wondering if anyone on here had advice for cleaning

7805222420_4a4386af4d_z.jpg

7805229086_27cc4637e2_z.jpg

Colors a little washed out in the first pic. It was way darker before but i used some saddle soap and a moist cloth. Probably gonna try again later. Thanks for the help!

Edited by bb_tt

Any thoughts on Corter Belts vs Hallows Leather Belts? I'm considering buying a natural belt from one of them. I think they both use saddle leather.

Corter is a little cheaper, has a keeper loop, but ships in 2 to 4 weeks.

Hallows belts accepts returns, and apparently ships in 2 to 5 days, but are a little more expensive.

I was leaning towards Hallows, mostly due to shipping time. Are they similar quality belts?

bb_tt - That stain ads a nice little bit of character to the wallet. It makes it even more unique to you. I'd suggest no trying to clean it - that kind of stain doesn't really come out of veg tan, and you may end up changing it even further.

Any thoughts on Corter Belts vs Hallows Leather Belts? I'm considering buying a natural belt from one of them. I think they both use saddle leather.

Corter is a little cheaper, has a keeper loop, but ships in 2 to 4 weeks.

Hallows belts accepts returns, and apparently ships in 2 to 5 days, but are a little more expensive.

I was leaning towards Hallows, mostly due to shipping time. Are they similar quality belts?

I can only speak for Hollows, but its a great product. I was more than pleased, and the price in my opinion is a bargain.

I can only speak for Hollows, but its a great product. I was more than pleased, and the price in my opinion is a bargain.

I did end up going with Hollows. I decided I wanted my belt sooner rather than later and the two seemed roughly equivalent. This is my first non-store bought belt - do I need to do anything with this belt maintenance wise?