Show us your leather

aleopold

@marti-mar,

I'll ship it with some wax on the edges and very light Obenauf's LP, it won't need any maintenance right away but some more oil in a few months won't hurt. Oil it after air drying if it gets wet. The sunning thing that some people do isn't necessary unless you want to jump start the darkening.

Obenauf's is my preferred product, but I'm not a zealot about it.

^ looks like obbi good is now ripping off our own forum member LAZYBUM. Lazy's hand stitched ORIGINAL DESIGN looks much much better over all. Very said all obbi good can do is rip off other leather workers and spam every forum, and social network. While metataging photos with key words like "flathead" and other well know better brands.

@TBG

Really appreciate your goodwill and compliments for me but I really don't think OGL ripped me off or intended to rip me off. According to this cross post on OGL's thread, that wallet was a custom design inspired by imperial jeans' signature arc so I doubt there was any reference to any of my designs. I believe this is probably a case of misunderstanding.

Besides, if you were refering to the decorative stitching, the similarity is quite minimal so even if OGL did intend to rip me off (which I seriously don't think they did), I would say that they have done a decent job improvising and I wouldn't have felt ripped off either. Personally, i'm pretty open to cross adoptation of ideas as i'm a believer that it is one of the drivers of innovation, as long as the intention to rip off is not there.

I wouldn't say that OGL has not made any products that bears resemblance to that of other leathercrafters' before, but then again they do have their share of original designs so it would not be fair to them to label them as rip offs.

Edited by lazybum

^ looks like obbi good is now ripping off our own forum member LAZYBUM. Lazy's hand stitched ORIGINAL DESIGN looks much much better over all. Very said all obbi good can do is rip off other leather workers and spam every forum, and social network. While metataging photos with key words like "flathead" and other well know better brands.

yes im sorry i have to agree with ray hey

@TBG

Really appreciate your goodwill and compliments for me but I really don't think OGL ripped me off or intended to rip me off. According to this cross post on OGL's thread, that wallet was a custom design inspired by imperial jeans' signature arc so I doubt there was any reference to any of my designs. I believe this is probably a case of misunderstanding.

Besides, if you were refering to the decorative stitching, the similarity is quite minimal so even if OGL did intend to rip me off (which I seriously don't think they did), I would say that they have done a decent job improvising and I wouldn't have felt ripped off either. Personally, i'm pretty open to cross adoptation of ideas as i'm a believer that it is one of the drivers of innovation, as long as the intention to rip off is not there.

I wouldn't say that OGL has not made any products that bears resemblance to that of other leathercrafters' before, but then again they do have their share of original designs so it would not be fair to them to label them as rip offs.

Fair enough lazy, you are always kind. And i do see the Imperial denim acruate vibe too. But thats my point. Imperial , and samurai acruates. They do not own thoses designs. And they using other SMALL companies hard work to make a dollar.

Plus i am sick of the constant spam every where i turn in the internet denim world.

leathers that i personally owned.

leathergp.jpg

latest addition was the ipod holder on the bottom right.

got it from a local leather maker based in singapore, great stuff i have to say. (good price, great workmanship)

rest of em pretty much got em while i was on holiday trip though.

Edited by kkurenaii

why are you that mad that they're using other brands arcs and what not? I don't understand how you think they're using the other companies hard work to make a dollar??? Can you please explain?

I don't know the whole story behind the Imp. wallet but by the link I got the impression that the person probably wanted that on his wallet and requested it. The only one I see on their site is the sammy one and I think it's fine that they are using it. They're not claiming it's a samurai wallet or imp. wallet.

I wonder if they have permission to use it or if the other company even cares.

^ you are serious? ????? .....if you had a brand , would you want people taking it and making a half rate copy or using you damn logo?? Fuck sufu, this place has turned into a mess. People defending fake welted boots and shitty leather and denim.

And with that, this is my last post!

Have fun with all obenaufs saturated shitty vegtan and sweat shop knock offs

Peace!

See you all over at denimbro.com ....until that gets over run with bullshit.

Wow, you really need to chill out.

xEnvy wears a pair of SEXi14 jeans, he obviously contacted OGL to custom-make a wallet that would match the arcs on his jeans. I think it's the same thing with b_F's Samurai arc wallet. If these are one-off custom orders for customers who want something matched to their jeans, I don't see anything wrong with it.

It's exactly as Cold Summer has said, I wear a pair of SEXI14 imperial jeans and ordered a one off custom wallet from OGL with the Imperial arcs incorporated into the bi-fold design as Imperial do not offer any leather good products.

With regards to Lazybum's design/Wallet I was not aware about its design, if you look at my posts that was my first post in this thread and the first in the OGL thread.

I had no intention of ripping anyone off, I merely wanted a custom wallet that incorporated the imperial arcs, of course if Imperial offered a wallet I would purchase it, however that is not the case.

So once again not harm was meant, all I wanted was a personal piece that has meaning to me, I will post my mock up that the wallet was then created from if further proof is needed. I meant no harm or to offend anyone.

Edited by xEnvy

Woww...

Edited by jigsaw

^ you are serious? ????? .....if you had a brand , would you want people taking it and making a half rate copy or using you damn logo?? Fuck sufu, this place has turned into a mess. People defending fake welted boots and shitty leather and denim.

And with that, this is my last post!

Have fun with all obenaufs saturated shitty vegtan and sweat shop knock offs

Peace!

See you all over at denimbro.com ....until that gets over run with bullshit.

what ray said is real man sufu is now fucked up im sorry but it is real

Ed, people just need to get over it or get lost. The old sufu isn't coming back but this thread and thousands of others obviously still meet people's needs/fetishes, despite the technical issues thrown in. I miss a lot of the people that contributed quality posts, but whatever-- their choice. I still prefer pre-5.0, but people condescending to, ranting and insulting other people, then threatening to leave doesn't really do it for me. The kind of elitism people get into about this shit is stupid. I get it, but there are members on here who excel at a craft that don't make dramatic and sweeping judgments on other members. If those people leave sufu, they won't be missed, that's for sure.

ellitist will exist anywhere buddy , same here in sufu and they set the trend and they set what is good and what is bad . that is how life is and specially fashion. these people will be the critic / trendsetter/master craftsman. and i will respect that we have these poeple here on sufu so well have a standard . not some junk craftsman trying to rob people off theyre hard earned money .

You misread what I wrote as a "kind of elitism". I don't have a problem with elitism per se. Your boy obviously came in with guns blazing without considering alternative explanations, then when it turned out he was in the wrong, double backed and proceeded to insult whatever "ghost" demographic exists here (what, maybe 16 people who are into shitty leather products?). I definitely agree with you about elitism existing everywhere-- but I'm not into the specific "kind of elitism" that exists-- the kind that turns your enthusiasm into a vehicle for spewing your disdain for actual and/or perceived low-quality product. I don't like things that I think are low quality, but I'm not going to verbally shit on others in a public forum for buying/wanting them. It's their hard earned money so they can spend it the fuck they want.

I'm all for calling people out or disagreeing passionately, but just bitching about sufu, making sweeping, vitriolic statements, and insulting members is dumb. There's a huge learning curve on here, and the Internet connects more people (stupid, smart, curious) everyday. I'm of the opinion you either live with that reality or go away.

ellitist will exist anywhere buddy , same here in sufu and they set the trend and they set what is good and what is bad . that is how life is and specially fashion. these people will be the critic / trendsetter/master craftsman. and i will respect that we have these poeple here on sufu so well have a standard . not some junk craftsman trying to rob people off theyre hard earned money .

How are the jeans in the Full Count and Levi's cuts coming along? Best of luck with the project.

I can't figure out what you're trying to say in this hastily-typed, grammatical trainwreck of a post. Whose "robbing people of their hard-earned money"? OGL? For making a one-off wallet with another brand's (not very unique-looking) arc on it? A brand which, as xEnvy said, doesn't even make wallets? For that matter, are Imperial's arcs a trademark? Not as far as I can tell. I'm fully against blatant counterfeiting of other brands' stuff and then selling it as their own (like some cheap-ass Chinese factory making phony Imperial jeans, for example) but that's not in view here.

What among OGL's main line is a ripoff of something else? A quick glance at their page suggests the Condor, Freeman, and Element wallets all look like original designs. And all this pining for the "old" Superfuture (whatever that means) strikes me as a bit ridiculous when, browsing the leather threads from a few years ago, there were a lot more people making direct copies of Redmoon, Flat Head, and Studio D'Artisan stuff who are either not that active anymore or branched out into their own designs.

And what's "low quality?" OGL's products? xEnvy's wallet? It looks fine to me, and with leather you often can't tell how nice something is without actually feeling it in your hands. Do you think OGL makes low-quality products? Quit being vague and clearly back up your assertions with evidence.

I didn't join this forum because I cared about hipsters in high-fashion bullshit shroud-like shirts and neon leggings narcissistically taking photos of themselves posing every day, or because I was amused by self-congratulatory in-jokes and endless attempts to be Internet Cool Guys. I joined because SuFu (specifically Superdenim, the only forum here I visit 95% of the time) is the best resource for English-language information on denim and leather stuff. All the rest is just window dressing.

Unless you want to make an actual argument that the quality of information and postings on this board's main subject has decreased, your barely-legible post reeks of internet hipster posturing.