Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

thanks guys. last saturday, i happened to drive by this mysterious looking shack near my work. i casually walked in to find out it was a store with a bunch of vintage levi's and other fun items that's been in business for more than 35 years at the same location. robert, the owner, told me the building used to be a switch-house for local railways since the 1890s.

thanks guys. last saturday, i happened to drive by this mysterious looking shack near my work. i casually walked in to find out it was a store with a bunch of vintage levi's and other fun items that's been in business for more than 35 years at the same location. robert, the owner, told me the building used to be a switch-house for local railways since the 1890s.

Is this ruf cut? Their site sucks, but I like what they did to your belt.

this is a pic from their website and a link to it, but as ang said the site is pretty messy. but i think there's a certain charm to it because of it.

rufcut.jpg

My favorite part is where it says:

Specific Location:

Across from Best Buy

Dirty Jobs is on right now and they're in a leather tannery.

First person to tan their own hide will get infinite rep for the rest of my stay on SuFu. My god, the process is disgusting.

I saw that a few weeks ago. It really puts the cost of leather items into perspective.

good job getting him to make you that wallet, wilkes. he was a massive douche to me when i mentioned anything other than what his site showed. the belt is interesting too chicken, fits well with your look in the pic shown, and i'm sure with your beautiful boots.

here is the wallet and rein i made before and after 2 months:

DSCF1113.jpg

DSCF1352.jpg

i've oiled it 2x, once new, and once a few weeks ago, which helped get some indigo off of it. you may also notice the way i attached the rein to the metal clasps. the first version sucked visually, and structurally, as it caught on stuff around the house and detached from the metal. the new way involves ending the wrap with a stitch. now when i catch on stuff around the house, i drag the furniture! the cord i used does suck though, it gets fuzzy and i can't figure out how to tame it. any suggestions? i have tried gum tragacanth, but not beeswax yet.

Choponglasia was trying to sell his a while back, I don't know if anyone bought it or not. Such a nice wallet tho, I got the un-etched one for my brother for christmas.

who can tell me what kind of jeans those are in the picture?

i can. down north jeans http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/downnorthjeans-dnj1/