worst (sufu) waywt fits

trash bros > denim bros

mad noobz got huge +rap now for posting their slubbz, but when i posted that pic of my slub way back i only got like 20 points for it total, and the was like half of the boyz klub +'ing me.

it was kinda cool when we had different titles when u hovered the rep or whatever but since people broke the 1000 mark rep just doesnt mean shit.

i took a sufu haitus for a couple years - and when i started lurkin the gurkin' again sufu was full up with aging hypebeasts tongueing eachothers ass for 22oz denim, flannels, beards and pomade.

Dude I wear Red Wings boots to walk to my graphic design job and to go hunting for food and beverage at my neighborhood wine bar, you just don't know shit about authenticity. Style not fashion.

really? ok... if youre 38 and wearing supreme and dont skate youre a lame. i mean, yeah, if youre 18 you never knew a time when supreme was a skate shop before anything else... but 38? come on.

I never understood this, why can you not wear Supreme if you don't skate?

I had dinner with Jebbia recently again and he said he doesn't skate and never DID skate. If the fucking founder/owner doesn't skate then who cares who wears the brand?

i dont understand why anyone would want to really. its a skate shop, or at least it was when i first found out about it.

i guess its more not wanting a culture that i grew up in being appropriated by people who have no connection to it at all.

but shit... the connection that most people make to it now is all about hype really. i can understand how you wouldnt understand why i feel the way i do.... but look at it like this... lets say that the yo-yo shop that all the coolest yo-yoers were sponsored by back before yo-yoing became a big mainstream thing has always made thier own little line of tees and shit. because they are in the fashion capital of the world, they also make some cut and sew stuff. all of a sudden, yo-yos are cool, and everyone wants to wear the clothing that this shop has been putting out for years. most of the people who do so dont even know the importance of the shop in the history of yo-yoing... all they see is some cool shit thats kind of hard to get ahold of so they want it.

thats what supreme is. they supported NYC skateboarding when there was no one else doing it. the skaters who rode for them became legends in the east, and over the world. i enjoy SOME of thier stuff now, but have always thought it was fucking cool because of the connection to some of the most creative skaters to come from the east coast, and i identified with them much more than the people in cali since i have lived in florida all my life.

Maybe because it's high school clothing? Most of the streetwear is and it looks ridiculous on grown men. Supreme is probably the best of all of them but still. If you're 38 and still skate you can wear whatever the fuck you want. You're an old man on a skateboard, you already don't give a single fuck.

I do appreciate the thought-out response.. the reason i really don't get it is because in the yoyo world (believe it or not) there is far more positivity among the players than there is in the skating scene. The situation with the yoyo shop/clothing you presented has happened more than a couple of time, definitely nowhere near to the level of Supreme, but it has happened and honestly nobody i know in the yoyo scene had a negative reaction to it. Like i said though, the general attitude in the two scenes are different and skaters in particular tend to have a very "fuck you" attitude in general, it comes with the territory.

Regardless, when i'm sitting there talking to Jebbia and he's telling me how he never skated and that Supreme was an "art project" that somehow centered around NYC skaters my mind melted because all i could think of is people on forums telling others not to wear it because they don't skate.

Are we still having this argument? We're talking about a t-shirt with a Barbara Kruger style logo on it, it's not like Supreme/skate brands somehow invented a whole new way of dressing or a new garment. The same argument could be made for Nike and playing sports and I've heard the argument made for *shudder* Tapout clothing. Anyway, a huge part of the ethos of Supreme seems to be about co-opting imagery from cultural icons, be it New Order or Gucci. Why does that somehow only run one way?

if youve never been chased down the street by people wanting to kick your ass, had every insult possible hurled at you, and turned down by girls left and right, for no other reason beside the fact that you ride a skateboard, then you probably wouldnt understand. thats how it was when i started, all the way until x-games and tony hack pro skater came out. i had to deal with bullshit on a day to day basis just because of skateboarding, and now people who have no connection want to look and dress the part? fuck that... i think its fucking lame.

Take the skateboard away from any of your outfits though and I doubt that anyone who didn't know the brands would know you skate. The skateboard and being able to skate is what tells people you're a skater, not wearing Supreme. 99.9999% of people in the world couldn't tell you what lifestyle Supreme is meant to represent, as it's typically a baseball hat, t-shirt, and jeans, with some basketball footwear.