ooe yofukuten & co. denim contest

Flash

I'm constantly surprised by this denim...one second it's stiff, grainy and hairy, the other its pliable/soft/sweatpanty (in a good way)...From all the evo pics we've seen via Ooe, I tended to think #91 was more smooth/marbled in appearance but this wash brought out some of that graininess I enjoy, exposed some renegade warp threads, and not to mention the roping on the yoke and back pockets!

Have to agree , I'm loving every minute of wearing these jeans the denim just gets better and better :)

I find it realy hard to capture the true colour , i got pretty close with these last pics but your right about the puckering and roping

Edited by Flash

Got a sample of O.A-XX from our friends Ryo and Hiro....beautiful fabric, I know what my next pair will be...

8412270937_f837853edd_z.jpg

8413369986_a8c2022fd0_z.jpg

...also decided to post these...taken after my first real wash (not including initial wash for shrinkage), but before the wash I ended up doing today...

8413369774_6b2ce6c35e_z.jpg

8413369598_955f759f4c_z.jpg

didn't intend for the wash today but things happen! also gave me an opportunity to stretch the waist back out while wet...

you guys are sick! (wear it as a badge of honor). I intend to focus on this pair and devis contest jeans. I will be selectively blind reading comments on this forum as to not get tempted to buy more denimz

I'm definitely excited to see the results from all these different approaches. I love that people are holding out, I've never been able to do that with any pair of raw/selvedge I've ever owned. Always get bored on a day off and think "I wonder what would happen if I washed..." Along those lines, I wonder what would happen if I went one month with weekly washes. Maybe I'll save that experiment for the summer when the heat kicks in and things a get a little more... damp.

I just wanted to highlight a few posts that I didn't notice so much the first time around.

IMG_1755-1.jpg

Rk, I love this fit pic. That look is great. Post some pics of your Wescos in the shoes thread when you can, they look great.

iOtNejExEbSYD.JPG

in360MmVl3cu3.JPG

ibaK9ZP90Ibn9H.JPG

Yum!

This fish pastry looks delicious.

8344085789_b5b25df125_z.jpg

8345144416_cf46cee0e0_z.jpg

These dishes look fantastic too.

Things have cooled down back to winter temperatures recently, but a couple weeks ago we had temperatures in the mid 70's. Great for wondering around this relatively new city that I live in.

Some parrot hanging outside a lingerie shop downtown that nearly bit my girlfriend.

20130113_143745.jpg

The downtown area is on a river and this the bridge to the next town over, a very rural area. Considering moving to the other side of the bridge very soon to get a large house with lots of space for very cheap. I'm a country/rural kind of a guy I suppose.

20130113_125111.jpg

And threads starting to wear on the pockets.

20130128_220310.jpg

Aho, I'm in Wilmington, NC, on the coast near the border of NC/SC. Moved here last summer. It's a combination of a college/historic/beach town. I didn't grow up here but I did grow up in eastern North Carolina, just a couple hours away, so it's been nice returning to the area.

It's my weekend so I'm going to cram in all my updates while I can... here's a couple more 5 month macro shots.

DSC00743.JPG

DSC00739.JPG

DSC00741.JPG

Button is showing a little bit of wear.

DSC00740.JPG

And and a new addition as of yesterday, Kumiko (like the character from Murakami's Wind Up Bird Chronicle)

DSC00734.JPG

Edited by Ignaurus