mike lowrey

good hip hop

dude, i usually fucks with your style, but amplified was the shit. the singles werent even close to the best stuff on that lp. you cwazy.

I liked it when I owned it. But, I was like 14...I listened to it once a few years ago and didnt really dig it. I dunno, maybe its time for another listen. I remember liking the track with Busta (or was that another album?).

I remember getting that and the Violater comp at the same time and listening to the Violater album non stop.

WE WANNA FUCK YOU NORE

YEAH I WANNA FUCK YOU TOO

on tearing it up, i gotta admit, Common - Come Close.

Amplified's a mixed bag, Let's Ride was the only decent single on it, still play that, Things U Do and N.T on the regular.

Anyone who not checked the Illa J yet, please do, i was pleasantly surprised, beats are all deadstock circa late 90's Jay Dee (supposedly originally intended for The Pharcyde) and Yancey boy number 2 definitely comes correct.

^Will check that Illa J out asap!

Just realised Mojoe dropped a new album recently and it sounds damn good! For you who don't know they released their debut album Classic, Ghetto, Soul 2006 and it was fucking bonkers! That shit was organic as fuck and these dudes know how to flow really smooth. Haven't heard that much from this one yet but I trust in the good lord...

http://www.myspace.com/mojoefamily

http://www.mojoefamily.com/

Haven't found a link and haven't bought the album yet but will do right fucking now!!

New Illa J is actually very good! Not at all what I expected. I thought that the beats were gonna be newer and a bit more experimental but as Sam said it's actually more Pharcyde/The Ummah-ish wich is very nice. Illa J might not be the tightest lyricist out there but he knows how to ride the beats in a very comfortable (for the listener) way and how the create that good vibe. If it's actually him singing he's a decent singer as well. I was afraid that he was gonna namedrop and give Dilla constant shoutouts. The shoutouts are there but mostly feel very natural.

This is kopp status

This shit looks pretty fucking excellent man. I'm lookin for a download link but no dice thus far.

^Will check that Illa J out asap!

Just realised Mojoe dropped a new album recently and it sounds damn good! For you who don't know they released their debut album Classic, Ghetto, Soul 2006 and it was fucking bonkers! That shit was organic as fuck and these dudes know how to flow really smooth. Haven't heard that much from this one yet but I trust in the good lord...

http://www.myspace.com/mojoefamily

http://www.mojoefamily.com/

Haven't found a link and haven't bought the album yet but will do right fucking now!!

ima get that black milk when i see it.

the roots manuva is bananas.

anyone up on that rapheal siddiq album? i wanna hear that too.

new qtip is exactly what i wanted it to be. i lvoe me some vintage tribe and all, but im glad he did this instead of trying to recapture some forgotten vibe. that woulda been trite. this shit is excellent.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhah. ghostface rapped over zapp and rogers computer love. its awesome.

Has anyone heard that Z-Ro shit? Is it worth a listen?

I haven't listened that much yet but my first impression is that it's decent. Z-Ro always comes more or less correct but it's far from his best.

On another note, Ive developed an interest in french hiphop and been bumping shit like Hocus Pocus and Kohndo quite a lot lately. Can someone give me some recomendations apart from the obvious shit like Saian, Solaar etc?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhah. ghostface rapped over zapp and rogers computer love. its awesome.

that was dope

heres a link if someone wants it

The Renaissance is indeed very good like many have said

Saadiq's album was bananas. So good. Jay-Z's part in the remix for the last song kinda killed the mood, and ended the album on a sour note though.

Agreed. Jay had no place on that track.

if anyone has problems with dead links, streams of new shit is usually available at hypemachine (http://hypem.com/) ie ghostface - computer love

also, soulseek is a good program to dl albums, it cuts through a lot of bullshit and is simple to use

All I been listening to for days is this kid Giggs out the UK. he's not grime per se, nor is he on some black twang/roots manuva/Klashnekof "UK Hiphop" shit. I don't know what to call him. He's just cold.

Don't expect many to feel this. Most common criticism I've heard is that he sounds like he's falling asleep. It took me a minute to get into him, and most of the rest of his campbo are trash. But if you like that gully shit...well, you know what to do.

Giggs Feat. Dubz- Ting Dem

JPFhTK9CW3o

Giggs- Saw

I'm Like "Black Ryan", he's like "That Ryan", I'm like, wrap, tie him, deep fat fry him (Ummmmmm!!!!!)

tdrlI-VQUrw

Giggs-Freestyle

p4tO0hMABD4

Damn, RBW. I thought you weren't into Giggs. Good to see you listening to his stuff.

Ard Bodied and Walk In Da Park have been on rotation for a while. I think Buck is the second nicest out of his camp, but unfortunately I haven't seen him with much appearances lately.

Test Out Da Nine at the end of Park is too much. I have to check if Buck has his own solo tape.

Going to see GZA live tomorrow. Fuck yes!

anyone gots links for the new D.I.T.C. Comp or P. Casso's For Your Consideration?

viva la hova song is wack.. 9th wonder beat is weak as fucc and I'm pretty over whatever Jay-Z has to say.

Been over Nas his entire career.

Good new hip hop:

hellrellblackmaskgloves.jpg

agreed. i've listened to q-tip's new album "the renaissance" several times since i got it tuesday and i have to say that i'm really impressed. being a long time fan of tip and tribe (as i'm sure most of you are) i have very fond memories associated with listening to him in my younger days. it's refreshing to see him evolve and take pride in his craft after all these years, especially with the daunting task of trying to make something worth buying in an age where bootlegging is so easy. i really encourage people to check it out.

Both Q-Tip and Raphael Saadiq's albums are stunning.

I've been throwing those on for the past 2 weeks. Q-Tip really surprised me, but Raphael did a great job on the production.