good hip hop

this is a nice little treat for anyone like me who likes listening to old radio shows to pretend for a couple hours that i was around in the golden era, here is History of Hip-Hop Radio [NYC 1986-1991], a retrospective mixtape / time machine featuring Chuck Chillout, Mr. Magic, Awesome Two, Microphone Prince & Count Busy D, Stretch, Bob and more.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cvxtmcchoyn

PROPPERS MY MAN.

Kurious on the Stretch & Bob segment...haaaaa...

Truth be told, back in those days, cats had wild colorful language...you could be entertained listening to the DJ's/Hosts talk shit or give shout outs all day...

Now it's just fuckin' birds on the dial...NYC cats using Southern slang...terrrible.

this is a nice little treat for anyone like me who likes listening to old radio shows to pretend for a couple hours that i was around in the golden era, here is History of Hip-Hop Radio [NYC 1986-1991], a retrospective mixtape / time machine featuring Chuck Chillout, Mr. Magic, Awesome Two, Microphone Prince & Count Busy D, Stretch, Bob and more.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cvxtmcchoyn

I love listening to older radio rips like this. Hopefully they'll make more volumes of the series.

I grew up in the wrong era.

At first look I wasn't really excited about Grand Theft Auto 10, especially compared to 9 with the jada and jay-z joint (which was ugly as fuck by the way)

GTA 10 is definately worth the download, sheek louch on "silverback" and "smashtime radio" is very raw with surprisingly good beats

"Wanna see me then I'm in Yonkers, the ghost, the phantom or the loch ness monster!"

Oh and Jada really needs to stop being such a pussy and putting out all that "you need to be by my side tonight ma" bullshit ass corny tracks on mixtapes, it's making me sick

any of you guys dig any horrorcore? gravediggaz?

Yes and no. Gravediggaz, yes...early Big L, yes...Flatlinerz, NO.

Funny thing is...out of the three mentioned above, Gravediggaz would be the first to deny the "horrorcore" label...they used to say they were simply playing with the horror imagery on a more metaphoric level than anything else. Same goes for old Three Six Mafia. I have an old issue of On The Go that features Big L (probably one of his first features/articles) where he is constantly referred to as a "real horrorcore rapper"...and he seemed to have taken a liking to that label.

Also, I'd throw early Brotha Lynch Hung in that category...Sacramento (Sactown) cannibalism raps... 24 Deep and Season Uv Da Sick are West Coast classics.

Can't say it'd hurt any of ya to sleep on Diamond D's newest, solid but nothing new. On the other hand, if ya been sleeping on 'Hatred, Passions & Infidelity' for past 10+ years, kopppppp (inconsistent but classic in my opinion).

would +rep heBAY a few pages back for the state prop reunion, but i gotta spread it around some more...anyway http://phillyshit.blogspot.com/ is the place for philly tapes. digging through the archives you get all the essential philly shit, webmaster there has a boner for freeway and rightly so. anyway get at that

Yeah man...my boy actually put me onto that one...he's got a bunch of the joints...not ALL...missing a few essentials like the earlier Chic Raw and Crime Partners stuff...some others as well...but that's a great place to catch recent updates since he seems to know a good handful of those cats in real life.

I usually go on philadelphiazoo.net. It's like Boxden...a message board that has an audio section for members.

^^^ word, i'll get at philadelphiazoo. and yeah at phillyshit one of the webmasters is a tape DJ (dj doe boy) and is putting out a series called Philly's Finest and he's got niiice exclusives on that, he definitely knows some of the bigger philly kids

hows leave it all behind without comparing it to exchange? i cant seem to find it.

phonte mostly sings on the album, so if thats not your thing, then its not going to be that great.

i don't think you can compare the two since they're so different.

but i'm definitely feeling the new album, chill vibes and great production!

Went to see Bun B on saturday and god damn it was a dope show! I'm not the biggest fan of his solo work as I sometimes find it rather monotonous but he kicked ass live. Also, I caught his sweaty ass t-shirt when he threw it into the crowd... :D

flying lotus is far from horrbile. im all for fucking with the standards of what is and isnt considered hip hop. the approach to production is solid boom bap, the samples and bpm rate are off kilter, but thats no reason to go hating.

flying lotus is far from horrbile. im all for fucking with the standards of what is and isnt considered hip hop. the approach to production is solid boom bap, the samples and bpm rate are off kilter, but thats no reason to go hating.

I don't care about standards or genres. I just don't like Flying Lotus.

my names not Kay Slay but:

"Fuck a lecture, ain’t tryin to be Pun’s sucessor

That term’s done fucka, what up whatever"

hmmm on that note, New Statik Selektah just leaked! Edit: not good as the 1st on 1st listen.

Flying Lotus's Los Angeles is a personal favorite whenever friends and I smoke up.

The new Foreign Connection album is actually quite impressive, although Phonte spits twice in the whole album. "if she breaks your heart" is such a nice track.

The new Charles Hamilton mixtape has also been on rotation this week.