good hip hop

dum - get the diverse album (one a.m.). hes not on def jux, hes from chitown and is put out by chocolate industries but hes got rjd2 beats before rj was singing like a dummy. and get edans two albums (beauty and the beat, and primitive plus). hes from boston and he raps/produces/scratches all his own shit. you could look for blueprint to. his album (1988) is real solid in a throwback kind of way, got aesop on a track too.

And Dum....Try Despot. He's the last relevant rapper left on Def Jux, though he spends a lil too much time cavorting with the indie crowd for my tastes. But don't let me persuade you otherwise, there's no doubt the dude keeps it 100% gully.

I second this...not JUST because I like his rappingness way more than anyone else in that circle (he seemed to have progressed passed the mid/late-90's, yet isn't in outer space with it)...but because we did an impromptu dance routine on stage incorporating our blackjacks (no gay).

DUM, also check out Rob Sonic's first album Telicatessen. It was released on Def Jux in '04.

RBW, I gotta say I'm feeling the Product of the 80's album. I like the synthy beats, and P's lyrics are on point. I don't like the fact that he spits a Tupac line though ... haha. And I think Un Pacino is just bad, so many QB guests to choose from and he picks up this guy. C'mon man.

RBW, I gotta say I'm feeling the Product of the 80's album. I like the synthy beats, and P's lyrics are on point. I don't like the fact that he spits a Tupac line though ... haha. And I think Un Pacino is just bad, so many QB guests to choose from and he picks up this guy. C'mon man.

Quoted for truth...to the teeeeeee. I enjoyed the listening time I had with that album so much that I went back and found reasons to like HNIC2 more. How's that for a fuckin' review.

It's not INCREDIBLE by any means...but I like it overall.

link to despot material for the uninitiated.

Well he's just got a handful of joints at the moment. Most of which are freatured on his Myspace...the rest you can see performed live-like on Youtube (yep, dedicated fans already...though he's been around since like 2000 or some shit).

Working on a full length though...

Love,

PR Firm for Despot Rapstein, LLC.

New Babu is dope, especially the MF Doom/Sean P track!

Regarding the Migthy Underdogs record... not really feeling it. I liked the EP and like a lot of their other work but this was a disappointment to me. I think the main problem is the beats, not that they're bad but a lot of the time the beats just feel wrong or misplaced. This collab could be soooooo dope but not this time around.

Also, this is really cool. Not stunning but solid and the blues influence feels kinda fresh, at least on some tracks.

cd.jpg

Anyone familiar with the R.A.G.U (Rae and Ghost United) Mixtape Vol.1??

The song "More Fish" what/whos beat are they using? I feel like I've heard it before. It's driving me crazzzzy trying to figue it out but I love that beat. YouTube it, would link but posting from my phone. PM or post here. Thanks in advance.

Listening to the new Black Milk right now and god damn it's dope. No doubt one of the best hip-hop records in 2008. He really took his whole game to the next level, both beat wise and lyrically.

You can hear the whole thing on his myspace

http://www.myspace.com/blackmk

One of my favorite hip-hop reviewers wrote a nice review on it as well.

http://poisonousparagraphs.blogspot.com/2008/10/whats-new-in-darts-ipod-53-aka.html

It's getting spins for sure. That and the new Jeezy offering. Hate all you want. Best lines on P's latest are still the I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse.... and the one directly proceeding it where he twists the "you can lead a horse to water" proverb into something like: I can't make the jackass drink the water, but I can lead him to it an show em where it's at. Priceless.

And fuck Un. Dude's not even from QB, yeah? Regardless he's weak. Listening to Twin got me wanting to pull out the old Infamous Mobb Albums. In all honesty, the first two are some of the best shit to come out of QB in the last 5 or 6 years. That was Alchemist at his prime in this critic's humble opinion.