good hip hop

on a semi-related (and comedic) note...Vast's following "crossover" mixtape, "Dirty Magazine"...which undoubtedly lost him some Ox/Atoms Fam fans...was mostly recorded in my room, by me. My first release as an engineer...shit's hilarious for all the reasons one can think of.

I'm also remembering/hearing that I'm on a track or two...one as a guest rapper...wow how the internet can be scary and so scornful. (Mind you...this came out decades AFTER the recordings were made...therefore...well...I basically never heard the finished product...til now)

51IPvoLHdaL_SS500.jpg

01. Sleeper Cell 03:48

02. Pain Language 03:08

03. Smoke 01:44

04. 9MM (feat. B-Real) 03:57

05. That's What It Is 02:58

06. Black Mask Men 03:33

07. Lions In The Forrest (feat. B-Real) 03:43

08. Death Frees Every Soul (feat. Sick Jacken) 03:42

09. All Hail The King 04:02

10. Black Angels (feat. Killah Priest, Cynic, & Scratch) 02:55

11. Language 01:57

12. Drama 03:27

13. Deadly Blades (feat. Prodigal Sunn & Tri State) 02:54

14. Hashashins (feat. Turban & Chace Infinite) 03:10

15. Shadows Of Hell 02:36

16. Triple Threat (feat. GZA & Chace Infinite) 03:23

*thumbs up*

Great story heBay, brought back some good memories and made me change my sign... will be on the lookout for that vast mixtape to hear your guest spot. :D

Hahahaha...glad you enjoyed the memoirs...

The guest spot/song is pretty hilarious... most of that tape is from '02...also features camu, copywrite, and karneige...if that makes it any better/worse. I recorded the two joints with the megahertz cats and vast...the better of the two didn't make the mixtape, I don't think (it was camu and vast redoing an older busta rhymes joint). To add to that, watching some of them do adlibs was pretty entertaining/hilarious.

Got back from quite late from the bar last night...d/ling it now... shouts to RBW for the heads up (how I missed it, I have no idea):

243864692_150_original

How are you liking it thus far sir Notington?

That being said, I am also in the process of getting the Big Mike "GTA 9"...new Styles and Kiss joints and then some.

bar exam 2 is definitely painful to listen to at points, i really don't think the synthesizers, wack beats and Sucka Free are necessary. Hate to sound like a backpacker but this shit sounds watered down, nowhere near what statik and primo brought with vol. 1.

New shit: 11 days and still full LP leak buts heres a teaser from Term, Drugs, Crime & Gorillaz feat. Sheek & Freeway

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTIEsi6PANE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTIEsi6PANE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Vid for DJ Revolution's Big Top feat. Special Teamz getting at those who be fucking up the game.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPNfaTdydfU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPNfaTdydfU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

New Jada tape is dope. Constant rotation right now. I can even fuck with the RnBish numbers on there. Joint stilettos is kinda hot no lie. Couldn't tell if they were giuseppe's or Manolos's, I don't know man, I ain't that good with logos hahaha...

You could definitely consider the war on, both entourages fifths and fours drawn, bullets hitting everything, whistlin' by your jawns

... Haha, found that line entertaining too.

Vid for DJ Revolution's Big Top feat. Special Teamz getting at those who be fucking up the game.

I've always liked Edo G (I gotta spin Roxbury 02119 again) but I hate this song. This beat is trash.

^Haha seriously...the dude is like 43 and still got it (saw him at BB King's a month and change ago...killed it).

I'm back from a busy weekend...got some time to listen to some shit...just about to put on the Kiss tape for the first run through. Might I say, the Big Mike GTA 9 is pretty ehhhh...as expected (unless you like all that DJ Khaled, Weezy, Game bull)...review for everything that isn't Miami Rap:

-the Lox joints are cool...nothing outstanding...SP seems to have been out in Montreal recording with some cats since 2 out of the 3 joints are shouting out Canada/Montreal.

-the Cam shit is funny but typical modern-day Dipset Fruity Loops sped up 80's stadium rock and triplet tom-toms shit...

-the Jay-Z shit was annoying (his choice of flow/style over that soft piano beat reminded me of the cornball he's become...he should really stop rapping and therefore stop perpetuating this dumb ass "swagggggggg" rap shit people have been suckin' for a minute).

-Highlight of the tape: to me, Cassidy brought my ears back to the gutter with a freestyle over that 50, Buck, & MOP jawn...I think it's called "whip ya head boy"...slow, heavy, low synth horns...by Ron Browz (of Jae Millz, Nas "Ether" fame). I actually never heard the song, just had the instrumental forever for us and everyone else to rhyme over. Cass killed it though...3:30 of getting it in (get past the typical Cassidy hook and you're good).

"Ain't hard to diss you, I got a lot to say,

Like akki wack...akki a rat...akki gay..."

Also...I got the new Peedi Crakk single called "More Towels"...produced by D-Block's own Vinny Idol. I'm definitely a fan...good crossover, but still grimey shit (in the P. Crakk way)...a little tight over the fact that he took the Lyn Collins sample that I wanted to rehash recently as well...but all good.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/18668260bb1906c4/

-Highlight of the tape: to me, Cassidy brought my ears back to the gutter with a freestyle over that 50, Buck, & MOP jawn...I think it's called "whip ya head boy"...slow, heavy, low synth horns...by Ron Browz (of Jae Millz, Nas "Ether" fame). I actually never heard the song, just had the instrumental forever for us and everyone else to rhyme over. Cass killed it though...3:30 of getting it in (get past the typical Cassidy hook and you're good).

"Ain't hard to diss you, I got a lot to say,

Like akki wack...akki a rat...akki gay..."

Cassidy goes hardddddd

"I got the top spot, e'erybody unda me

if I ain't in yo top 5, fuck it I dont wanna be;

cuz you dumb to me, nothing but a idiot

stupid, good-for-nothing, fucking degenerate"