good hip hop

Ha this ties in quite well. Originally, I just wanted to post this for the tri-state heads who'd be interested...but with all of this Heltah Skeltah talk...well, here goes.

Just a reminder and announcement to those who are lost in space...

THIS FRIDAY. Black Moon and Smif & Wessun are performing at the Knitting Factory. They'll be doing Enta Da Stage and Dah Shinin with a live band...two classic albums with a live twist...fuck you if you say you like 90's Hip Hop and aren't interested in that.

FUCK YOU.

Note...congrats on being smart and getting your ticket...see you there.

God daym, I'm 7 tracks deep into the new Heltah record and this shit is bananas, raw as fuck. It seems like they found the right mindset to make this record unlike a lot of other golden era groups doing comebacks. Will get back with more when I've heard the whole thing.

That duck down show sounds fucking crazy, someone better get decent audio / video recording of it. I can just hear the Ronnie Laws Sample on Who Got Da Props playing live.

Term, Madlib BBE and Heltah Skeltah bout to hit rotation!.

If you don't live in NYC, they are streaming the show live on the Duck Down website for free.

Duck Down & ThatsHipHop.Com Present: Tribute To Classics Live Stream!:

Sept. 23rd, 2008 - Log onto DuckDown.com or ThatsHipHop.Com this friday Sept. 26th to catch Black Moon & Smif N Wessun performing LIVE at The Knitting Factory Alongside Anu's Quantize Assassins (A Live Band)

i must say, don't sleep on this!.

00+Dela+-+Changes+Of+Atmosphere+2008.jpg

Dela - Changes Of Atmosphere

French producer who encapsulates the phrase 'true school', features a great line-up (J-Live, J. Sands, Termanology, Talib Kweli, Large Pro, Supastition, Blu)

where even the no names come strong (Queens Connex?!).

i must say, don't sleep on this!.

00+Dela+-+Changes+Of+Atmosphere+2008.jpg

Dela - Changes Of Atmosphere

French producer who encapsulates the phrase 'true school', features a great line-up (J-Live, J. Sands, Termanology, Talib Kweli, Large Pro, Supastition, Blu)

where even the no names come strong (Queens Connex?!).

Agreed on this, it's very nice.