good hip hop

best producer on the mic bar none.

wtf8lf.jpg

can't wait to hear this.

Edit: S'alrite on first listen. Standout tracks, funnily enough, are the 2 which got leaked, The Entrance and The Hardest.

Just listened to this and it's pretty average BUT WTF DID HE DO TO SEWIN LOVE?! That track was banging and now it has a new beat... fuck that

anyone heard that c.r.a.c. album? its blu and some other cat on tres records who puts out giant panda and i think they are doing the new people under the stairs album 'fun dmc'. i havnt heard the crac yet but i picked it up and gave it to my roomate and will be checkign it this week sometime.

speaking puts, i saw them live the other day and they ripped it. i forgot how much i liked them since i stopped paying attention after ost. but they murked it and i gotta get caught up on their shit.

Pretty typical Game shit, definitely not great but it didn't convince me to avoid LAX

after an initial listen I found LAX to be a bit boring.. Game's shit is always typical but I have to admit I've somewhat enjoyed his other albums.

gave a listen to that Buff1 album, sounds pretty good.

also came across this:

acces5_filtered.jpg

dload

C.R.A.C is dope but if you're expecting another BtH you might bi disappointed. I think Tres is Thes One's label, that would explain why they're putting out PUST

ya thes runs tres records. theyve had an amazing output since they opened. ill pretty much check anything with their logo on it.

ya thes runs tres records. theyve had an amazing output since they opened. ill pretty much check anything with their logo on it.

Ya, the Y Society was probably my favorite record last year together Below the heavens. O course theres also the new Shawn Jackson, CRAC, Johnson&Johnson and Giant Panda.

Downloaded the PUTS b-sides and remix compilation a couple of days ago but it wasn't what I hoped for. Still looking forward to a new album tho.

grabbed this last night.....

very promising on first listen.

some of the beats are super tight.

get onnn it.

Saw this guy live with C-Rayz, Rob Sonic, and Vordul four years ago in BK. C-Rayz had that kid he taught how to rap on MTV with him. Haven't kept up with Vast's solo albums but I might check this.

I saw Vast Aire last fall (knitting factory NYC) and it was just sad, dude had really fallen off. He performed a couple Cann Ox songs and even though he still has a great voice the rhythm and emotion was so empty.

glad to hear this new album is a return to form, I will check it out.

I haven't heard the whole thing yet but the title track is illllllllllllllllllll

VkACEVpo2QI

OK - maybe this is a new album that I havent heard, because I havent heard this song. This is an excellent development because Mega is my favorite MC in the past 10 years or so.

Impressions on the new GZA?

I think its...genius. Ive given up on Bronze Nazareth being the go to guy for Wu beats, so I wont complain about the production. Thats my only beef.

I also, fuck how do i say this - I love the new Game album. There I said it. Some of the production is lacking and some of his lyrics are lacking when the beats called from something harder, but there are some solid tracks.

All of My Life is fucking 5/5 even with fucking Wayne on the chorus.

OK - maybe this is a new album that I havent heard, because I havent heard this song. This is an excellent development because Mega is my favorite MC in the past 10 years or so.

Speaking of Mega(the other mega) this has to be one of the best interviews I've read with a rapper in 10 years.

http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=cormega3

Wholeheartly agree with this comment, he needs to be supported, such a seriously good hip-hop album, also where would Flying Lotus fit in the music spectrum? electronica/breaks/hip-hop/?

Hands down, Buff1 released what is probably the best hiphop record in 2008 thus far. He had a great record last year which was sadly overlooked but this shit is superior. This guy knows how to pick beats and he knows how to rip em to pieces.

Buff1_TheresOnlyOne_400.jpg

Video for one of the best tracks.

Ozf-cTxplXs

Support this man