good hip hop

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/id.5262/title.murs-9th-wonder-sweet-lord-intro

Murs would be favorite rapper if he was from Chicago. Instead he's my favorite rapper not from Chicago.

...Bitch slappin drum kits beatin on every single snare like im snappin drums sticks.

murs gets outshined everytime someone else is on the track. its easy to vibe off him when hes solo cause hes so non threatening and 'everyman' or whatever. but once you line him up with another MC, its game over.

Heads Up:

Skillz long awaited 3rd LP 'The Million Dollar Backpack' just leaked.

Edit: Can't say i'm personally feeling it too much, bit too glossy, only like the tracks with Common and Freeway (AKA What We Do 1.5).

Joe Budden - Who Killed Hip-Hop

teQC0rKl884

Look.. bring it up and dudes get on some corny shit

was it T-Pain with that funny voice shit

was it Lil Wayne with that funny voice shit

The whole game dick rode that funny voice shit

I can't tell what they yappin..

was it when lil jon showed you

you can sell without rapping

was it Laffy Taffy, I thought they was kiddin

Shorty-Lo said they know, I really didn’t..

Dancing became cool again - then came Walk it Out

but I ain't know what the fuck niggas was talkin about

I really need to start paying more attention to this thread. Joe Budden is super slept on, mood muzik 2 is still an amazing mixtape.

Random stuff

Hell Razah ft. Talib Kweli & MF Doom - Project Jazz

MF Doom Feat.Big L Put It On

Also...new Roots Manuva. It gets better every single time I listen to it. I'm not too familliar with his older work, I only heard Run Come Save Me. Is he usually this funky? It sounds like he took a time machine filled with blunts back to Los Angeles 1994 then came back (with only 2 blunts left) just in time for a dinner/meeting with Jay where they discussed rhyme styles.

The new Murs will be on by the time hit 'post quick reply'

^Listening to Murs new album right now. The Intro and Nina Ross reminds me of Bad Man but overall pretty good tracks.

My hip hop game is pretty weak right now but this track from Statik Selektah feat. Styles P., Termanology, Q-Tip - 'Stop, Look, Listen' is pretty damn jazzy!

Saw Slick Rick at BB King's late last night...played with a pretty fresh live band called Eclectic Collective.

Openers were Mickey Factz and Skyzoo.

Mickey Factz is garbage...kill yourself if you support such Jay-Z's cock riding. I couldn't help but be THAT guy in the audience...throwin' up the ROC diamond at him between songs along with assorted blurted Jay-Z'isms. To make it worse, he kept milking the fact that he was wearing Supras on some Lupe/Kanye shit. As a matter of fact, he dressed like a really cheezy Lupe...10 Deep tee and all (no Maharishi)...and was on some "if I get crazy and jump around and yell (whilst sounding exactly like Jay-Z)...people will think I'm ill". Absolutely no sport in his game.

Skyzoo was decent...nothing special lyrically (much like most of these recent Brooklyn cats who are "up and coming" by hiphopgame.com and allhiphop.com standards) but he had good presence and the 2 Primo beats he had were BONKERS. He also did a good little throwback beat medley to warm the crowd up for Uncle Ricky.

Ricky D still got it...at 43, he's still got the one hand in the pocket, truck jeweled the fuck out, shit don't stink swagger he had during "La Di Da Di" and The Great Adventures of... the man had finesse and spit some new shit that was ill (in his laid back, stop-start rhyme flow). His post-90's/recent day material always reminded me of MF DOOM as far as flow and rhyme pattern...something about it.

It's kinda disheartening how many people are co-signing Factz, the guy has an insane ego (even in hip hop terms) and little talent to warrant it.. Heard him saying on WKCR how his 'the leak' series is on another level Crooked's hip hop weekly. And fuck Fresh Daily too.

It's kinda disheartening how many people are co-signing Factz, the guy has an insane ego (even in hip hop terms) and little talent to warrant it.. Heard him saying on WKCR how his 'the leak' series is on another level Crooked's hip hop weekly. And fuck Fresh Daily too.

Word that's why I felt the urge to hate...he kept spewing this verbal self-fellatio between songs...as if his lyrics weren't OD enough...sondula had a song called "I'm Incredible." No one was really happy when he was on stage...but he had a live band that amped things up so the crowd was moving to them...unfortunately...not to mention a bad slim Spanish jawn in a tight miniskirt on singing duties. Select audience members had their cam phones out and arms stretched for maximum zoomage.

Basically, he's the poorest-of-the-poor-hypebeastial-man's Jay-Z. Terrible.

First time I heard Mickey Factz was his Rockin' n rollin' remix with the Cool Kids and that shit is still dope. After that I downloaded some of his earlier mixtapes and that shit was weak as fuck. Then he went on to mimic Crooked I and hating was a fact. I also agree in everything that's been said. Any room left on the hating bandwagon?

Skyzoo was decent...nothing special lyrically (much like most of these recent Brooklyn cats who are "up and coming" by hiphopgame.com and allhiphop.com standards) but he had good presence and the 2 Primo beats he had were BONKERS.

Been bumpin' Get It Done for a while now...any album news?

First time I heard Mickey Factz was his Rockin' n rollin' remix with the Cool Kids and that shit is still dope. After that I downloaded some of his earlier mixtapes and that shit was weak as fuck. Then he went on to mimic Crooked I and hating was a fact. I also agree in everything that's been said. Any room left on the hating bandwagon?

Hop aboard...we just put up our "post everyone's favorite newfangled rapper" dartboard.

Been bumpin' Get It Done for a while now...any album news?

Nah he didn't mention anything about a full length...or a mixtape...or anything except "I just wanna heat this up for The Ruler."

Do you know the titles of the Primo joints? There was one with some majestic horns and another that sounded like a synth'y type sample.

Do you know the titles of the Primo joints? There was one with some majestic horns and another that sounded like a synth'y type sample.

Must be Click (horns) and Get it done (synth). Both are on his free mixtape corner store classic. Links below. Dunno if it's actually his songs tho, Torae are featured on both and I think they're on his album (or whatever it is)

Click:

Get it done: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pvqjSj8RMsA

Mixtape: http://www.rappersiknow.com/index.php/2007/07/19/dj-kay-slay-mick-boogie-presents-skyzoo-corner-store-classic-mixtape/

^^ Good looks friend. I'd say that they are his...at least the "Get It Done" joint...he kinda made a big deal about the fact that Primo produced it...so you'd think it was his shit.

Crosses fingers to hear a Styles P freestyle over any of those beats. New SP shit in September according to the neighboring D Block kids in the crowd.

Funny tidbit, Skyzoo's DJ made the mistake of playing Lil Wayne's "Hustler Music" or whatever that shit is before the set...let's just say this was a REAL NYC crowd of mostly cats who were over 25...basically made it very apparent to the DJ that we're not hearin' that trash...VERY apparent. Drinks/bottles were about to be thrown.

Corner Store icon14.gif

Funny tidbit, Skyzoo's DJ made the mistake of playing Lil Wayne's "Hustler Music" or whatever that shit is before the set...let's just say this was a REAL NYC crowd of mostly cats who were over 25...basically made it very apparent to the DJ that we're not hearin' that trash...VERY apparent. Drinks/bottles were about to be thrown.

hahaha

I'm 6 tracks deep into Theory Hazit's new record Lord Fire. Vintage produced all the beats and so far it sound hella dope. He's still dope with the rhymes and on his boombap steez, beats are solid this far. Check this out! Dunno if it's better than his last one but it's still nice.

139955.jpg