good hip hop

part 2 is downloading slow as shit for me, had to use another server because of damn rapidshare free dl limits.

i caved and read some of the reviews, looks like this guy dropped the ball. not surprised considering he was working himself out way too hard, never mind the drugs on top of that. you can probably make 10 albums out of the material he's done in the past few years

Guest what job

I never understood why multiple producers would sample the same shit

once it's done, it's done

maybe if ya'll was seeing who could produce the better track ok

but I couldn't imagine another nigga using the Annie sample from Hard Knock Life, that shit would be blasphemy

swizzy didn't do very much with that axelrod tune did he

not really just looped a certain part of it...i was just really surprised he would be the one to do that, it sounds very un-swizz like. Wouldn't be surprised if it was ghost-produced. It works for the track, and blends well with Wayne's current drugged up and surreal flow/lyrics. It is one of the few good songs on an otherwise disappointing album, 3 years for this? I'll stick with Dedication 2.

I never understood why multiple producers would sample the same shit

once it's done, it's done

maybe if ya'll was seeing who could produce the better track ok

but I couldn't imagine another nigga using the Annie sample from Hard Knock Life, that shit would be blasphemy

i actually love when this happens. it gets really good when people take a familiar sample and flip it in a new way. grooves and breaks arent really all that sacred, so when a good one surfaces, expect other dudes to try to freak it better.

it gets really nice when a certain piece has been used so many times that it becomes easily reconizable. axelrod's whole catalog fall into that category.

remember when made you look came out and it totally refreshed apache? that was incredible. you can take a drumbreak everyone knows by heart and just chop it short and all of a sudden the monster has a new head. thats dope.

someones gonna flip last night changed it all in a way that will blow your mind. invest in that now, cause its about to happen.

you gotta admit though, Next Episode (2001 version) was a straight jack, and i bet to this day a lot of people don't know that.

i have always liked the original 93 version of that song better. not a big party song like the latter but it just flowed so much better. wish a good quality version would surface some day.

fade, im not sure i know what your talking about. you might have to put the track up to refresh my memory.

i hated on the chronic 2001 and i still think ive only heard maybe 1/3 of it. i know thats out of order but i wasnt really feeling snoop and em at that point and i never revisited it after i got over it.

mostly im wondering which 93 track your referring to, though. break it off.

go to youtube and type in "Next Episode 93 original" or OG or any of those words it's up on there, so is "Doggystyle" featuring George Clinton, another leftover from my favorite album ever. Both aren't in great quality...the original next episode, was supposed to be sequel to G Thang and it is a simple piano loop with Snoop and Dre flowing fast as fuck back and forth, man they had that chemistry back then that they failed to reproduce on 2001.

by straight jack, i meant David Axelrod's "The Edge" which was from some compilation i forget. The key part of the song which is that grand opening is ripped off, and that g-funky loop throughout the song is exactly the same as the first instrumental breakdown of the axelrod. Dre just added drums, probably tweaked the bass a bit and that's it. But the key melody that everyone loves that song for was not Dre's idea at all.

to give Dre credit, i think his legacy will mostly stand (in my eyes at least) for the three-peat of Niggaz4Life, The Chronic, and Doggystyle which is probably a trio that outdoes most producer's entire catalogues. Some may include Straight Outta Compton but even on that, or DOC's no one can do it better i dont think Dre really developed his trademark style yet.

i wont sit here and listen to you say that the DOC album isnt dre's best work. i love doggystyle like i love my grandmother, but you jsut crossed a line that should never be crossed. when i see you, its beef. bah-lee dat.

I've been listening to The Carter III all morning and I have to admit I can roll with it. For some reason I don't like Weezy at all but this is alright, especially Mr. Carter which I find pretty dope. I'll most def get bored with it within a week tho but whatehwurr. I also fuuks with Let the beat build and Mrs. Officer.

I heard this song last night but couldn't tell who it was. It mentioned Nike SB's, wearing jeans stacked and I think lil wayne was on it. I remember one of the line saying something like 'might get burned.' And it sounded like a bunch of people.

Anyone?

^ thats a joke, right?

the new Wale tape is allright, guy can flow pretty nice at times.

new Wayne - I'm on the fence about listening to it. I know I'm gonna fucking hate his voice and stupid-ass punchlines, but then again I dont feel like punching people for liking it unless I've heard it.

Nah I'm serious. I checked the stations website the next day and it was missing from the playlist of stuff they played but if I find out what it was I'll post it.

Also you should listen to the lil wayne, even if just so you can hate on it more thoroughly.